Cardiff - Championship - Sat 27th Jan '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

In Bocadillos absence, here are the details for Cardiff Away

Kick Off: 7.45pm

Tickets

We have been allocated 1552 tickets for this match, 552 seating and 1000 terrace priced at £20 Adults, £15 Under 16's, OAP's over 60 and students with valid NUS card.

Tickets for this match will are on sale as follows;

Monday 15th January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 16th January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 17th January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 18th January - Members

Friday 19th January - General Sale.

Please note there is a strong possibility that tickets WILL NOT be available on the day of the game
Edit: Standing tickets will be available to Leicester fans paying on the gate.

Coaches

The Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 1.30pm and is priced at £16.50 Adult STH, £14.50 Concession STH and £17.50 Adults and £15.50 Concessions.

Directions

M69 to Junction 2
M6 to Junction 4
M42 to Junction 1
M5 to Junction 8
M50, Join A40, Join A449, Join M4
M4 to Junction 29
A48 to Junction with A4119 (Keep Left)
Continue straight ahead for approx 1.5 miles.

150 Miles (Approx 2 ¾ Hours)

Parking

Directly opposite the ground at the Athletics Stadium

Trains

As you can expect, there are no trains back after the game. There are still some advance tickets available £13.00 each way,If you decided to stop the night. The Nearest station to the ground is Ninian Park Halt. Travelodge Cardiff Central are currently still showing double rooms for £39.00, but these will be limited. The Travelodge on the M4 have rooms available at £29.00. Again these will be limited.

Drinking

The Lansdowne, on Lansdowne Road. The owner (Roger) is a Cardiff City nut and the pub is wall to wall in memorabilia. But most importantly, it is frequented by "proper" City fans and visiting fans are safe in there to enjoy a beer or two and a chat with the locals before the game, or The Cornwall Hotel, which is also a pub. It's 5-10mins walking distance from the ground and stands in Cornwall Street

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cardiff - Championship - Tues 30th Jan '07

I might be wrong, but it will be the last chance for standing this season. I am sure that their period of have standing will expire at the end of the season.

Cheers Nott'm.

I'll be getting my tickets in the next couple of days.

Who is going to this one???

Ill be there. In an incrediable stroke of luck Crardiff Uni has invited me down to have a look round the Campus etc on the 31st. I had previously thought I might not be able to go to this one, but its looking pretty rosy now.:biggrin:

Cardiff are trying to re-arrange City's visit to Ninian Park, scheduled for Tuesday January 30. With both clubs now out of the Cup, they hope to bring the game forward to Saturday January 27.

that would be easier and better especially for city fans

There would be some stupid fecking reason why it can't happen,coincides with Market Day in Oswestry or something:icon_roll

Cardiff are trying to re-arrange City's visit to Ninian Park, scheduled for Tuesday January 30. With both clubs now out of the Cup, they hope to bring the game forward to Saturday January 27.

**** off!!

I've already got my train tickets and hotel booked - both unrefundable!!!

**** off!!

I've already got my train tickets and hotel booked - both unrefundable!!!

Not sure where the story is from. Nothing on Cardiffs website or ours. I personally don't think there is enough time to get the game moved anyway.

Not sure where the story is from. Nothing on Cardiffs website or ours. I personally don't think there is enough time to get the game moved anyway.

It's also being carried on other mailing lists and message boatds.

I do hope it is too late, although the police can make arrangements inside 10 days when a cup replay is involved.

Can the The Voice from Above please state where he got the story from.

Last edited:

I have just spoken to a contact at the club about this.

The position is that Cardiff would like the game moving; they talked to City about it before last night's games. I can not find out what City's views are on the matter. However, the South Wales Police have told CCFC that the policing costs for a rearranged game on the Saturday will be quadruple those for playing the game on the original date.

Things are being considered but my contact's department at the Walkers does not think the date will be changed.

I have nevertheless written to [email protected] and football secretary, [email protected], to put my point of view. Other people who have already committed money to this game might want to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Sorry Boc but I hope it gets changed so I can go.:icon_bigg

No need to apologise to me. I am sure that there will be more than several more people will be able to go if it is on the Saturday - and a just a few won't be able to go who could have gone on the Tuesday.

Personally, the switch could cost me £99 - that's a night in the Travelodge which is not refundable at £26 and £30 worth of train tickets, again not refundable. Add to that the fact that the train tickets for the Saturday match look like costing £43 more than I paid for the Tuesday and the total for me is £99.

I wouldn't mind so much if the possibility of a change of date had been advertised, as it was for this weekend's Birmingham game. The club have known of this for some time and have kept quiet about it. If they had said there was a possibility it would be moved, I wouldn't have bought the tickets - just as I didn't buy them in advance for the Birmingham game, thanks to proper notice being given.

I am aware of many other people in my position. It's just another example of the club ****ing about its loyal supporters - and I don't think it is good enough!

According to the ticket office it has been re-arranged for Saturday 27th January 2007, KO 3.00. Original tickets are still valid.

dont think boc is going to be too happy...

great! i've booked 3 train tickets and 2 nights in a hotel in cardiff for feck all. like shite am i going to the saturday one! feckin pissed off.

more people can go on a saturday yeah, but surely common sense suggests its pretty close to the date to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566