Cardiff City Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it standard for the manager to not be there?

Last edited:
Cardiff owner Vincent Tan will decide in the coming hours whether to sack boss Malky Mackay before or after Saturday's league match at Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25464611

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan's permission to strike a deal.
The target is understood to be a household name at another British club.

But its not Dave Jones
Tan was considering a role for Dave Jones as manager or director of football, but the Malaysian businessman has decided against proceeding with that idea.
The pair have rebuilt their relationship after Jones, recently sacked by Sheffield Wednesday, took legal action against Tan after being dismissed by the Bluebirds in May 2011.

Last edited:
It's Megson.

In my unintentionally contrary way, I think your owner is well within his rights to be doing what he is. If he gave the recruitment chappy and MM a budget of £35m in the summer and they spent £50m, he's entitled to sack the recruitment chappy and give MM a serious warning. If MM then comes out in a press conference saying he wants to spend on three more quality players in January, I'd have to agree that he's taking the piss.

I also think you'd have a better chance of staying up this year with GM than MM. It's only the fans that could screw it up by protesting it all and creating unrest in the camp.

The shirt colour/identity change is the only thing I think is out of order.

In my unintentionally contrary way, I think your owner is well within his rights to be doing what he is. If he gave the recruitment chappy and MM a budget of £35m in the summer and they spent £50m, he's entitled to sack the recruitment chappy and give MM a serious warning. If MM then comes out in a press conference saying he wants to spend on three more quality players in January, I'd have to agree that he's taking the piss.

I also think you'd have a better chance of staying up this year with GM than MM. It's only the fans that could screw it up by protesting it all and creating unrest in the camp.

The shirt colour/identity change is the only thing I think is out of order.

Do you think he gave them a budget of £35m and had no idea they over spent by £15m? That type of expenditure would have been authorised by Tan.

The fact Malky publicly stated he wanted to add to his squad leads me to believe he thought extra funding would be available.

As for the unrest in the camp, this is being lead by a moronic chairman.

Do you think he gave them a budget of £35m and had no idea they over spent by £15m? That type of expenditure would have been authorised by Tan.

The fact Malky publicly stated he wanted to add to his squad leads me to believe he thought extra funding would be available.

As for the unrest in the camp, this is being lead by a moronic chairman.

What you're saying doesn't add up though. If the owner authorised the £15m overspend, why sack the recruitment chap and rally against MM? Why should the owner not give key employees a budget and then let them be responsible for it? They aren't a pair of kids, they should be trustworthy. What they've done is borderline illegal.

You've totally made up the assertion that MM had been told he'd have money in Jan. This claim made the owner furious. Again, why would this be the case unless it was contradicting his instructions?

What you're saying doesn't add up though. If the owner authorised the £15m overspend, why sack the recruitment chap and rally against MM? Why should the owner not give key employees a budget and then let them be responsible for it? They aren't a pair of kids, they should be trustworthy. What they've done is borderline illegal.

Why would anyone over 10 believe a colour could influence a teams luck in games? I think you're giving the bloke too much credit.

You've totally made up the assertion that MM had been told he'd have money in Jan. This claim made the owner furious. Again, why would this be the case unless it was contradicting his instructions?

To my knowledge, the intricate details about the sacking of head of recruitment haven't been revealed. If you think MM and this recruitment fella went off and spent £15m more than they were allowed without the knowledge of the chairman then you're very much mistaken. This overspend hasn't just happened in the last couple of days, this goes back a couple of months. Why not sack Malky back then? The fact he replaced the head of recruitment with a 23yr old who was 'painting walls' at the stadium only 6 months ago makes it clear that the chairman is a complete tool. Even he only lasted all of 3 weeks in the job before an apparent 'visa' issue was highlighted.

And what is borderline illegal, or did you not mean to put that? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670