Cardiff could be rebranded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example of everything which is wrong about football................so new owners need to market the club in Asia and therefore need the club kit to be changed to red. Can you imagine the same thing happening if it was Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc?

I've cheered the City on many times before while they were wearing red, as well as yellow, white(jack colours) and black in the FA Cup final.

I suppose I'd like them to continue to play in blue, but if the choice is admin/liquidation, which was a very near reality not so long ago, or a good shot at the prem in red shirts then I choose the latter.

Happy...no, not yet.

That's fair enough really if it was a decision of bust or carry on but on the shirt colours, were they as away strips as I can only remember Cardiff playing in blue as their main strip? Saying that though I am presuming my memory spans a lot shorter time than yours so genuinely interested to know.

It's hard to say how I'd feel if it were to happen to Leicester because as much as I'd want that to be the end of it because I wouldn't agree with it, it'll still be the same club I've supported all my life so would be very hard to walk away in truth.

Be interesting to see how it plays out though as I still don't think it will be enough for you as for some reason you lot just can't seem to go up but it doesn't bode well for Leicester either as you always seem to do better than us anyway!!

Another example of everything which is wrong about football................so new owners need to market the club in Asia and therefore need the club kit to be changed to red. Can you imagine the same thing happening if it was Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc?
If we were in the Prem with tv money, 80k+ crowds and world wide merchandising appeal we wouldn't be shaking the begging bowl either.

But we're not, so we are.

That's fair enough really if it was a decision of bust or carry on but on the shirt colours, were they as away strips as I can only remember Cardiff playing in blue as their main strip? Saying that though I am presuming my memory spans a lot shorter time than yours so genuinely interested to know.

It's hard to say how I'd feel if it were to happen to Leicester because as much as I'd want that to be the end of it because I wouldn't agree with it, it'll still be the same club I've supported all my life so would be very hard to walk away in truth.

Be interesting to see how it plays out though as I still don't think it will be enough for you as for some reason you lot just can't seem to go up but it doesn't bode well for Leicester either as you always seem to do better than us anyway!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Card...167?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46043bb76f

Tattooists are going to busy

Can't see a problem with it really unless the owners turn out to be full of shit and invest very little.

Taffs still have a lot of catching up to do

Last edited by a moderator:
Tradition is just what people who are failing console themselves with.

Interesting blog here on a recent meeting between staff and fans. Sounds like an interesting place to be at the moment...

http://myonlycardiff.com/2012/06/27/cardiff-city-season-ticket-refund-meeting-270612/

A few quotes:

He stated that if we wanted to break even next season, the ticket price for every fan in the ground would have to rise by £25. If we wanted to make money, the price of each ticket would have to rise by £75. He confirmed that this was on a game by game basis, and not on the season ticket price.

When asked if Vincent Tan had presented them with a business plan, it was confirmed that he had not. Alan Whiteley told the fan “I could show you a 40 page dossier and you still wouldn’t be happy”. When the fan responded that “but you don’t have one, do you?” he had no response.

Far from the club being debt free, the debt is actually going to increase as a result of this rebrand. He was asked if he though the rebranding would work in Asia and bring in additional money, he responded “I don’t know, I am not an Asian”.

After referring to 2012 being the year of the dragon in China, one fan asked if we would “have had a rat on the badge if it had been the year of the rat?”. There was no answer.

He stated that if we wanted to break even next season, the ticket price for every fan in the ground would have to rise by £25. If we wanted to make money, the price of each ticket would have to rise by £75.

If breakeven is a £25 hike then surely making money is £25:01 and upwards :102:

The meeting was staff, and fans who had requested a season ticket refund following the rebrand. Only 30 fans turned up.
What I read from the meeting feedback was.... Vincent Tan is a billionaire who's subsiding fan's tickets to keep the club competitive, he likes red, like it or lump it. Good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669