Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
What McNaughton did is no different to what di Canio did imo in deliberately pushing an official over.

If the FA are consistent he should get an 11 game ban.

Looked like he was just following the ball to me, at the speed he was going he wouldn't have been able to stop, I certainly don't think you can be sure of his intent enough to be able to justify a ban. A nob end for not picking her up and checking she was ok though.

I cannot see any motive for McNaughton to deliberately charge the lineswoman. I can see why he might be to focused on the game to apologise there and then. I cannot see why he did not go over and apologise at the end of the game.

Whether the charge was deliberate or not it is worth pointing out that Sian Massey got up with no fuss and carried on. In the Andy Grey incident she also behaved very well.

It must have taken a lot of guts as well as competence for her to defy the sillyness and do well in her field. To me Sian Massey is far more impressive and a better role model than some talentless songstress or publicity-mad reality star.

I've always thought this unfair from a disciplinary point of view too. I think I'm right in remembering an occasion when the FAW rescinded a ban for Darren Purse just before an important run of games (possibly playoffs), despite there being very good reason for the original red card. Why are the FAW involved in disciplinary matters that affect games in England?

I've always thought this unfair from a disciplinary point of view too. I think I'm right in remembering an occasion when the FAW rescinded a ban for Darren Purse just before an important run of games (possibly playoffs), despite there being very good reason for the original red card. Why are the FAW involved in disciplinary matters that affect games in England?
It was the FA Cup Final actually.
More than half our league games are in Wales.
Nothing to see here.
Tomorrow's the day.

Last edited:
Looked like he was just following the ball to me, at the speed he was going he wouldn't have been able to stop, I certainly don't think you can be sure of his intent enough to be able to justify a ban. A nob end for not picking her up and checking she was ok though.

I agree, there was no intent, just a player following the ball. He didn't swerve to run into her, he swerved to follow the ball and accidentally ran into her. Maybe poor behaviour to not check she was ok, but would we even be having this discussion if it was a male official? I suspect not.

First sensible post I've read in ages. How anyone can think it was deliberate is beyond me

Also how on earth can you prove the sexist element? If he really did barge into her on purpose (which is complete bollocks in my opinion), how do you prove he did it specifically because she is female, not just because shes a lino? Not got a leg to stand on.

Also how on earth can you prove the sexist element? If he really did barge into her on purpose (which is complete bollocks in my opinion), how do you prove he did it specifically because she is female, not just because shes a lino? Not got a leg to stand on.

I think he did it on purpose, why else would you check your run and drop your shoulder? And if its an accident you check if the person is ok, he'd be quick to check his team mate if they were rolling around, so the concentration excuse is bollocks.

I dont think it was sexist driven tho. And yes, I would still think he was a **** if he did it to a male official.

I think he did it on purpose, why else would you check your run and drop your shoulder? And if its an accident you check if the person is ok, he'd be quick to check his team mate if they were rolling around, so the concentration excuse is bollocks.

I dont think it was sexist driven tho. And yes, I would still think he was a **** if he did it to a male official.

I do think he was wrong not to apologise, but still don't think it was deliberate

Google 'Wembley 1927'
I looked it up. Looks fun.
From a team owned by orientals, managed by a Scandie and whos best player is Welsh?
Why is that relevant? If the Thai or the Swedish FA were deciding whether or not our players receive a deserved ban, you'd have a point here. But clearly they aren't, so you don't.
Quelle surprise.
:icon_lol: I'm on your side.
Will this ever end?
Yes. May 21st.

I looked it up. Looks fun.
Not for Arsenal's goalie.

Why is that relevant? If the Thai or the Swedish FA were deciding whether or not our players receive a deserved ban, you'd have a point here. But clearly they aren't, so you don't.
Just pointing out how English the league is, again yawn.
Technically, it's 'The Football League' not the 'English Football League'. Its values state....

OUR VALUES

COMMUNITY: We are at the heart of 72 communities across England and Wales, and share the pride and heritage of each.

Go figure.

:icon_lol: I'm on your side.
Cwtch?

Yes. May 21st.
Are you sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690