Cash to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

With the high number of players leaving (many on good wages) this should free up new salaries for incoming players on "frees",
But will CL have funds to buy players. Last season we were told "no money" but still spent almost £1 million on Connolly and Williams.
If he has got any money to buy contracted players, I would hope he tries for Webster now his club is in turmoil again!

I'm no one's bitch

Unlike some I could mention.............

dpjfox said:
With the high number of players leaving (many on good wages) this should free up new salaries for incoming players on "frees",
But will CL have funds to buy players. Last season we were told "no money" but still spent almost £1 million on Connolly and Williams.
If he has got any money to buy contracted players, I would hope he tries for Webster now his club is in turmoil again!

I'll stick to the topic, even if these awful people won't

Levein was told he had to slash £5 million of the wage bill - all he has done so far is to do exactly that

We still get a parachute payment this year, though, so he might have a (very) small amount to spend

Unless Mace wants to stage another concert at the Walkers with Kajagoogoo, Jason Orange and Michelle McManus...........

dpjfox said:

Yes in turmoil with the sacking of the Head coach however, NOT short of money! Webster is still in contract and LCFC don't have the £2 million +
to sign him.

homer said:
dpjfox said:

I'll stick to the topic, even if these awful people won't

Levein was told he had to slash £5 million of the wage bill - all he has done so far is to do exactly that

We still get a parachute payment this year, though, so he might have a (very) small amount to spend (quote)

Almost all clubs -including Premiership sides - are downsizing regarding wages and transfer monies.

It was inevitable given the silly money being thrown at poor players a few years ago.

As far as I can see we've got rid of a lot of poor players, are keeping a lot of poor players and will hopefully sign a few slightly better players - fortunately most other clubs are in the same boat.

The best players in the game are monopolising the money in the game and the poorer and older players are getting the sack. Very simple situation.

It amazes me though how Leeds can continue to spend like they do.They bought Hulse yesterday and now I hear talk of them signing Helguson,the turnover of players they have is second only to Sheff Utd.

must be down to their chairman master bates, he must have some spare lolly to throw away

Yorkshire Vixen said:
must be down to their chairman master bates, he must have some spare lolly to throw away

I love it when you talk dirty, YV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469