Champions League 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that was the proposal but I couldn't imagine the rest of the PL accepting it. It would remove all competition entirely due to the massive differentials in income. Any team not benefiting from it would surely vote against allowing them in both so they'd have to choose.

If there are clubs that want to leave the PL, fine. I've no problem with it. I think it would be extremely stupid of them because the appetite for the same moneybags sides playing each other all the time just doesn't exist. However, the American owners seem to be so detached from the actual football side of things so who knows.
The cold hard reality is that every team would receive less money if those teams left the Premier League, as, whether we want to accept it or not, the league generates more TV money with them in it. I’d be fine with that, but it’d be interesting to see if the other clubs (us included) were brave enough to go do it.

The cold hard reality is that every team would receive less money if those teams left the Premier League, as, whether we want to accept it or not, the league generates more TV money with them in it. I’d be fine with that, but it’d be interesting to see if the other clubs (us included) were brave enough to go do it.

It wouldn't be about their bravery. I wouldn't trust our owners or any of the rest of them because ultimately, whatever the platitudes, they're all in it for the ego trip and the money.

It is the fans that wouldn't accept it and we saw with the ESL what happens if the fans mobilise. The clubs immediately shit themselves. If teams were allowed to play in both, the PL is dead.

There is already a reckoning coming as discretionary income is going to be squeezed severely over the coming years and things like Sky subscriptions will be one of the things that people will cancel. The bubble is finally about to burst.

Rather idiotically, our own club are planning to raise season ticket prices next season too. I know that prices have been frozen for many years but this isn't the time to increase them. I expect a significant fall off of season tickets next year.

It wouldn't be about their bravery. I wouldn't trust our owners or any of the rest of them because ultimately, whatever the platitudes, they're all in it for the ego trip and the money.

It is the fans that wouldn't accept it and we saw with the ESL what happens if the fans mobilise. The clubs immediately shit themselves. If teams were allowed to play in both, the PL is dead.

There is already a reckoning coming as discretionary income is going to be squeezed severely over the coming years and things like Sky subscriptions will be one of the things that people will cancel. The bubble is finally about to burst.

Rather idiotically, our own club are planning to raise season ticket prices next season too. I know that prices have been frozen for many years but this isn't the time to increase them. I expect a significant fall off of season tickets next year.
I suspect you're right about the club owners (that was the point I was making, really). I hope you're right about the fans' response, I would certainly be in that camp, anyway.

Its all a pile of ****.

We live in a world where corruption & cheating has become normalised. In politics, business, journalism etc. The idea of "merit" simply doesn't enter most people's thoughts anymore. If you can afford it it's yours. Jumping the queue only makes people think "i wish i could do that" not "thats ****ing disgraceful" Nobody cares.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for 6 ****ing weeks this winter with no proper football to watch because the Corruption Cup takes over. State of the world innit?

World Cup with your Xmas shopping ? **** off. Kickabout in a medieval sandpit hosted by a nation with a team that would struggle in the Scottish first division. When the ****ery gets to those heights absolutely anything can & will happen.

Next up, Newcastle given CL football despite finishing 7th next season. Because reasons.

Great advert for the ESL that match.

Last 20 mins of the Man Shitty game was simply magnificent entertainment

:038: :038: :038:

How the flying deck did Savic stay on the pitch?
Dirty ****er should have had 4 yellows and a red!

Atletico showed up all PL sides last night.

I know it didn't work in the end, but they did what any inferior side should always do against Man City, absolutely **** them up.

This era of football is all about spineless weak managers. Simeone is superb. He doesn't give a shit.

Now Man City will be literally limping into the weekend rather than coasting as they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566