Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather ironic that painting the town red originates from Melton Mowbray, more history rewritten

1462237228608.jpg

I started supporting Leicester when they lost the 1961 Cup Final. I say support, well, as much as a 4 year old can, I remember crying when we lost the 1963 final but even then football didn't really mean a lot to me. I only really became seriously hooked during the 1966 World Cup but it wasn't until January 1968 that I saw my first Leicester game, a 1-0 win at Fulham with a goal scored by Mike Stringfellow.

Unlike most of you I don't come from Leicester or have any connection to the city, I grew up in South Hertfordshire just outside London but I never once thought of changing my allegiance to any of the London teams. I have two older brothers, one a Wolves fan and the other a West Brom fan again like me they never once thought about supporting a London team.

I only ever went to Filbert Street four times but saw four victories, I did regularly go to away games in London but very rarely saw Leicester win. The last game I saw live was a 2-1 loss against Wimbledon in March of 2000, I moved to the US during the following season.

I used to get stick from my brothers about Leicesters lack of success, I heard all about the league titles and FA Cups won in the 50's by Wolves, I cheered on West Brom as they beat Everton who'd earlier knocked out Leicester in the Cup Final in 1968 and then cried again when we lost to Man. City the following year. I was obsessed with winning the cup at the time.

Now I can say to them, Leicester City, Premier League Champions 2015-2016.

I did get this in an email from the Wolves supporter tonight though

"Life is so unfair. How can I have ended up supporting my brother’s team?"

Loved being a member of this group for many years, never thought have to put this in words, and I don't think I actually can properly.

We're actually the best team in the country!

In fact I can't, I'm going to go cry some more

The PREMIER LEAGUE is generally regarded to be the best and most competitive football league in the world. We are the best in the Premier League. 1+1=BLUE

I went to a lot of games during 2005, and 2006 while living in Leicester, but don't follow them much anymore. I just wanted to congratulate all Leicester supporters! Enjoy the celebrations!

Maybe people here in the Czech Republic will now know how to pronounce Leicester ;)

PS. cameron we (I) dont need your platitudes (care of BBC tory scum propagander) Millions of people genuinely celebrate tonight,
i dont believe for one minute cameron is one of them.

I'm happy to report that I missed that.Would probably have burst my bubble for a few seconds.

So in response I'll just say this:

**** right off you gammon faced spunkmuppet.As if anyone around here is going to think congratulations from a bent politician who's previous career was in PR carries any amount of sincerity!
Stick to the pig ****ing & stop trying to appear human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566