Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, who has no interest in football and didn't know about the game, came over with a bottle of champagne an hour before the game. At that point, I knew that was the day

I woke up this morning and realised something - I don't hate Chelsea anymore. I just can't. They used to be one of my most hated teams, but my god, they put up such a committed performance on Monday, they were incredible. I think I'll actually always quite like them now.

I woke up this morning and realised something - I don't hate Chelsea anymore. I just can't. They used to be one of my most hated teams, but my god, they put up such a committed performance on Monday, they were incredible. I think I'll actually always quite like them now.
Even, or especially, Costa!

Slow down a bit, this is still nasty racist Ken Bates John Terry'll **** your wife bandwagon ****ers Chelsea.

Moving away from Leicester as a young kid, I've never had a season ticket. I owe my dad’s enthusiasm in keeping my interest burning.

A trip to a home game was a day trip for me and my dad and chance to catch up with relatives. A night game was always a mad dash after work, but my dad loved it and I went along with it. We went regularly from 89 to mid nineties. Home and away.

Many a 0-0 spent in Filbo. I can’t say I enjoyed the early years. A foreign adult environment to me where I spent as much of my childish lack of attention watching the steel grey skies and the floodlights coming on or just rubbish swirling in the biting wind, it was the Pleat era after all. I didn’t like the cigar smoke the profanity (From my dad) the smell of beer or the strange people, many of which I would come to recognise over the years.

I always remember the Filbo stadium announcer. Walking the streets outside and hearing the same voice was like a familiar friend I never met. The trips to Wembley, the Premier league 1st season, Iwan is a Welshman, relegation. Making connections with other Leicester fans (Sorely absent from the school I went) Then Clarridge last minute. Silverware, beer. 3-3 Arsenal passion.

I then lost the passion. A few absent seasons around 2000 where still to this day not all the first teamers are familiar names and I wouldn’t have gone to a single game all season.

The internet allowed me to re-find this , we were shit but I enjoyed having likeminded people venting their frustration. League one came and was actually a breath of fresh air.

Now my Aussie wife took me away from my beloved Citeh. Here I am on the other side of the world. Photo attached

Captain Wes to lift the trophy will cause me to blubb a little.

I'm back in Leicester next week

Love to you all, you miserable bastards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 52
On a building site yesterday for work; quote from site manager " the plasterers were supposed to start yesterday but they're Leicester City supporters so they didn't turn up". After I'd had a celebratory word with the plasterers I asked the site manager if he had a team, "Spurs" he replied grumpily - I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of my visit & I think he was glad to see the back of me!!

All the kids in my daughter's school have been set homework to learn about our fantastic achievement. Crazy times we live in.

Just walked across Leicester Square in London and there's a city clappper, showing the club crest, stuck to one of the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669