Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than an hour since it was confirmed and I am now considerably more drunk, still completely dumbstruck, speechless and at a loss to explain what I am feeling right now but I know I dont want it to end. Been a fan since I understood what football was over 30 years ago and I didnt believe this day would ever come. Long live Don Claudio, Sir Jamie, and the rest of the legends. Just wish I knew how best to bottle this so I can keep it going forever.

Honestly feel like I could run up amount Everest right now.

Just feel like I can achieve anything in my life. This is so inspiring!

Tomorrow I'm going to ask the person out I've wanted for a while, set up a savings account to save to go travelling round Europe like I've always wanted to and call every one of my close friends I haven't seen in a while and miss and ask them to catch-up.

Fuch it! Life is too short to wait around! I can achieve anything! Kasper, Danny S, Wes, Robert, Christian, Marc, Riyad, Danny D., N'Golo, Jamie, Shinji, Leo, Andy K, Jeff and Claudio all taught me that!

This is far more than just watching my team win the title. This feels like such a life-affirming moment.

Tears strolling down my cheeks as I type.

I'm halfway down a bottle of Jack Daniels,then comes the Bushmills.Work can **** off.

I'm also stunned.I've been swept up in the impossibility of this unrepeatable season along with everyone else.But I'm a Leicester fan.That breeds an inbuilt pessimism so I've been pretty much unemotional between matches.During games yes I've been the usual shouting screaming nutcase.But in between...a calm stoicism prevailed.It could all still go horribly wrong.We've been here before & watched it crash.Don't get involved.

In the last 18 months I've been to the funerals of 3 close lifelong friends,2 of them younger than me.Sadness.But no extreme emotional collapses.
4 years ago I was diagnosed with a degenerative liver condition which will most likely shave a decade off my life expectancy.Not happy obviously.But dealing with it in as pragmatic a way as possible.
This is who i am.I was brought up to believe that nobody does you any favours unless they want something from you & nobody but you has your best interests at heart.If you want something you fight for it.I don't trust people as a rule.I don't have legions of friends.Just a few who have proved themselves to deserve the title over a period of years.
This has bred the man I am.Basically a hardcore cynic.

At the final whistle tonight I shouted for joy...& it wouldn't stop.

Then i broke down into floods of tears.Literal floods.I was absolutely shocked.Still am.I'm 51 years old & haven't cried since my Dad died 29 years ago.

It's my 40th season as a fan.My childhood dream has come true against impossible odds.I think what happened was that I briefly became a child again.

Football? Just a game isn't it?

No way to explain it to anyone who doesn't understand.

I can't even explain it to myself.

Dunno how to cope with this. We were good when I grew up to like football and then I got comfortable and accepted us being shite for as long as I can remember. We're now the best....no wonder nwets did a runner.

Robbie Savage then goes on and says we will finish bottom half next year, couldn't give a shit we are champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuffed to bits for everyone especially Kingy league 1 championship now the prem you Fuc#ing dancer

Some more context - as if it were needed - from the Independent headline (wtf!!) "Manchester United have spent more on new players in the last two years under their current manager than Leicester City have in their 132-year existence."

We ain't won the Champions thingy yet!

And don't forget we will get relegated next year as well.

Bet Lawro doesn't even realise what a twat he is.

**** em... We are the ****ing champions :p:D:rolleyes::Do_O;):D

I'm thrilled for my dad especially. Supported us all his life, but had become cynical about how football had changed. We had many debates about how he felt Leicester would never been 'allowed' to win the league.

Now, against all the odds, Leicester City Football Club are the Champions of England!
Yeah my dad and uncle too - they never lived to see it - we are the lucky ones - God bless Leicester!

Just a thought on Spurs. They have had a good season and should be proud generally, they certainly gave us a challenge. But after seeing the highlights on MOTD they should be ashamed by tonight's antics.
how the hell did Vardy and Drinkwater get sent off when not a single Spurs player see a red card for what were violent tackles? Have a lot of respect for Clatttenberg, but he bottled it tonight - FA instructions?

My uncle died a few years ago having been a season ticket holder for decades. Gutted he didnt see this but so glad my boy (8 years old) has enjoyed it, having asked for a City shirt for his birthday in August (after a false start asking for Arsenal aged 6 thanks to school "friends"). I almost wish he was a few years older to really appreciate this for what it is.......

I've published a couple of novels - but now lost for words.....
Note to self - look in thesaurus for synonyms of UNBEFUCKINGLEICESTERABLE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669