Championship 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, I've not had a great deal of experience in team wanking but I did represent my school at county level and wanked for my country during the Olympics.

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23434365

Looks like mad Mandy is ready to off load Sheff Weds

He'll only do it if it's right for the team and right for the fans.
Mandys more concerned I imagine that there will be Club left after Rangers have been to the place tonight.
Glad I am not in Sheffield tonight. West Street full of drunken Scot's later I would imagine.

Tis beginning to take the piss just a little bit.

More the transfer embargo that is taking the piss.

I agree on the rules as they aren't breaking any but to sign 14 players under a transfer embargo kind of contradicts the whole embargo side of things, more like a transfer free for all!

The terms of their 'embargo' are that they are allowed to sign as many players as they want, providing they obtain prior approval from the football authorities

More the transfer embargo that is taking the piss.

I agree on the rules as they aren't breaking any but to sign 14 players under a transfer embargo kind of contradicts the whole embargo side of things, more like a transfer free for all!

They're not under an embargo though. It's been widely mis-reported as such.

They're not under an embargo though. It's been widely mis-reported as such.

This is what the judgement from March said:

"14) Having carefully considered all of the options available to it, and taking into account the mitigation advanced on behalf of the Club, the FDC concludes that a just and proportionate penalty for the Club is that a registration embargo should be imposed now to reflect in part that which would have been imposed in 2011/2012 had proper disclosure been made by the Club to the League. This should take effect immediately from the date of this determination and continue to the close of the summer 2013 transfer window (presumed to be around 31st August 2013) – a period of approximately five and a half months."
http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/80/bb/0,,10794~179072,00.pdf

Last edited:
This is what the judgement from March said:

"14) Having carefully considered all of the options available to it, and taking into account the mitigation advanced on behalf of the Club, the FDC concludes that a just and proportionate penalty for the Club is that a registration embargo should be imposed now to reflect in part that which would have been imposed in 2011/2012 had proper disclosure been made by the Club to the League. This should take effect immediately from the date of this determination and continue to the close of the summer 2013 transfer window (presumed to be around 31st August 2013) – a period of approximately five and a half months."
http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/80/bb/0,,10794~179072,00.pdf

Interesting. Lots of conflicting reports then.

Watford's own statement:

The club has been made the subject of a transfer embargo, but wishes to emphasize that the embargo referred to falls under Regulation 19 of the Football League Regulations. This is not an absolute bar on transfers, but rather a mechanism by which transfer business can be conducted by the club provided that the prior authorization of the relevant football authorities has been obtained.

Watford's own statement:

The club has been made the subject of a transfer embargo, but wishes to emphasize that the embargo referred to falls under Regulation 19 of the Football League Regulations. This is not an absolute bar on transfers, but rather a mechanism by which transfer business can be conducted by the club provided that the prior authorization of the relevant football authorities has been obtained.
That's how I understood it to be. Surely as all transfers have to be approved anyway, it's hardly an embargo at all?

That's how I understood it to be. Surely as all transfers have to be approved anyway, it's hardly an embargo at all?

Many said that at the time, it's probably too much work for them to bother with.

That's what I thought reading it too; every transfer is always 'subject to Football League (or whoever's) approval'. Doesn't seem to be much difference. And, from the way they're signing players, there probably isn't.

The word 'embargo' should not have been used.

'Watford will be under absolutely no restrictions in regards to player recruitment other than that imposed on every other club in the league'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669