Championship 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley have got to do no end of stuff to their ground to meet Premiership guidelines, clearly the fans are being asked to contribute towards it.

I'm pretty sure last time they just painted the walls in the away end. What's different this time?

Bigger TV gantry, meaning that they've got to move the Press Box, meaning that they've got to relocate fans who have already renewed their season tickets. This Premier League stuff isn't only about the people who can be arsed to go to the game, you know!

I'm pretty sure last time they just painted the walls in the away end. What's different this time?

I'm pretty sure that promoted clubs can get a year's grace with a lot of this kind of work. I guess they used it in their one season up

They're moving the tunnel too (I think this is preference more than a requirement), and need to appoint a structural engineer to confirm they can house a second gantry to accommodate overseas broadcasters and 3D cameras.

So renew at the same price as you paid to watch Championship football or wait and end up paying Premier League price?

Can't see the issue here.

Just read the thing properly, this retainer malarkey is unbelievable, a real liberty if you ask me.

I also just realised something.....Lee Hoos :icon_roll

Last edited:
They're moving the tunnel too (I think this is preference more than a requirement)

It's so the teams will be coming out between two stands of home fans rather than having away fans on one side of them.

So renew at the same price as you paid to watch Championship football or wait and end up paying Premier League price?

Can't see the issue here.

I can't see how you interpret their new pricing in this way. They are effectively being required to pay £100 a year in advance.

Last edited:
Better concessionary prices for seniors than we're ever likely to see at the KP.

Lots of over 60s don't need them while a lot in their 20s might. Pretty eyewatering prices even on the cheap though.

Is it true that the loser gets the whole gate?

It's an arse of a way to do it, but I can see the logic in Burnley's thinking here. Question is, do you take the piss with the new fans and try to hold onto them in this way, or just enjoy the higher gates for the short time they are clearly expecting to be in the prem?

Make hay while the sun shines Lee... (But then apparently put it in storage when it rains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00