Championship 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the logic at all, with TV revenues increased again, the amount made by raising ticket prices in this way shrinks to a tiny fraction of income. I don't see how it's worth the loss of good will.

Anyone watching the Play-Off final?
A great advert for the Championship.
So glad we are not there today and that we're already up.
QPR have had Niko Kranjcar go off injured and Gary O'Neil sent off just about on the hour.
Sure Harry shaking his head a lot.

Last edited:
Derby dominating the second half and then QPR score with their first shot on target.

Really didn't want QPR to win, mainly due to their manager and owner, but if Derby were going to lose, that had to be the way for them to do it.

Surely one of the most undeserved Play-Off winners ever but also a very funny ending and just shows how average and how much Derby were punching above their weight all season.

If only Keogh had twatted the ball clear like he did with the chance after!

Everybody has a seething hatred for QPR that even seems to outshine local rivalries. It does in this case for me as I was rooting for a Derby win. They deserved too after a shaky start. Ultimately the one time they needed to defend well, they didn't and they paid for it. Genuinely felt gutted for them but you could see it coming...

Any of their players worth cherry picking? Bamford is a very good player, not sure I rate any of the others enough..

Everybody has a seething hatred for QPR that even seems to outshine local rivalries. It does in this case for me as I was rooting for a Derby win. They deserved too after a shaky start. Ultimately the one time they needed to defend well, they didn't and they paid for it. Genuinely felt gutted for them but you could see it coming...

Any of their players worth cherry picking? Bamford is a very good player, not sure I rate any of the others enough..

Definitely not bloody Hughes, Christ he's overrated. Failed to show up again today.

Only player I'd be interested in would be George Thorne as he looked as if he could be a good option as a third midfielder that gets stuck in a bit.

I'm no Derby fan but **** me I feel sick. Absolute smash and grab, worst possible result.

I'm actually hoping that QPR's success will show the inherent flaws in the FFP system. If they refuse to pay, will the PL have the backbone to enforce it? If not, and QPR are relegated next season, can they be expelled from the Football League. I'm not at ease with the fine going to charity- let it be spread amongst the teams below. Having said that I don't eally care how much a club spends, as long as it is covered by the owners.

Last edited:
Don't like dodgy Harry, but deff didn't want the sheep to go up

Yep, didn't think I was that bothered who won until QPR scored! Felt gutted, despite having money on them! (Still need Real Madrid to win tonight, otherwise it probably would've made me feel better)

I did an event with Bobby Zamora this week though and he was a top bloke so I'm happy for him... just didn't want QPR to go up

I might be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that the parachute payment is split between the rest of the teams in the championship if a team goes straight back up?

Haven't Manchester City accepted their fine and squad reduction? Would think if anything was going to be forgotten it would be here rather than little old QPR.

The thing I don't understand though is what will prevent owners from simply adding the fine to club debt. They ought to be disqualified from their directorships, that might have a bit more of an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669