Championship 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually hoping that QPR's success will show the inherent flaws in the FFP system. If they refuse to pay, will the PL have the backbone to enforce it? If not, and QPR are relegated next season, can they be expelled from the Football League. I'm not at ease with the fine going to charity- let it be spread amongst the teams below. Having said that I don't eally care how much a club spends, as long as it is covered by the owners.

I think I read that the Premier League aren't able to or won't act on a rule imposed by the Football League. The FL will probably have to pursue it through the High Courts or something. Maybe they could just wait until they eventually get relegated again and then hit them with the fine? I don't know..

Hearing some motorway bridges have had city fans on, in order to cheer up the sheep fans, as they make their way through Leicestershire

He didn't do anything, created nothing and dived disgracefully in the first half. Thorne was the best midfielder on either side.

Like I said, we watch a different game. He was instrumental in the move that led to the sending off and I remember at least one other instance where he played the left winger in beautifully.

I've generally disagreed with your assessments of our signings thus far too.

Not judging like, just funny how people can see such different things (I also thought Howard was a useless oaf).

Last edited:
Like I said, we watch a different game. He was instrumental in the move that led to the sending off and I remember at least one other instance where he played the left winger in beautifully.

I've generally disagreed with your assessments of our signings thus far too.

Not judging like, just funny how people can see such different things (I also thought Howard was a useless oaf).

Fair enough, likewise, I respect your opinion.

I don't like the overhyping of average English young players which partly explains my dislike for Hughes. Combined with the fact nearly every time I've seen him on tv he has offered very little IMO and that Beagrie spends nearly the entire 90 minutes licking his arse perhaps after one moment of decent play.

My love for Howard stems partly from the fact a great majority of City fans, particularly ones I know, absolutely hated the bloke or more perhaps the style of play having a player like him leads to.

I think I read that the Premier League aren't able to or won't act on a rule imposed by the Football League. The FL will probably have to pursue it through the High Courts or something. Maybe they could just wait until they eventually get relegated again and then hit them with the fine? I don't know..

Surely the only sensible approach from the FL would be to only allow a side to take part in their league when fines/penalties are paid or scheduled to be paid. That way, when QPR get relegated from the Premier League, if they've failed to oblige, they'd have to go straight to the conference.

And this will probably affect us too. We're highly unlikely to have legitimately balanced our books this season.

Last edited:
Nice to see Hughes has matured and by that I mean diving plus constantly moving at the ref.

Several players moving at the ref here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't rate Hughes either. Well over-rated. Thorne looked good, he is on loan there from West Brom.

I can't see Derby making autos next year either. They had momentum this year and it will be difficult to build that again, my early money is on Blackburn to come top next season. They have been grinding out wins in the later part of this season and will pose a big threat next year if they can keep hold of Rhodes.

I don't rate Hughes either. Well over-rated. Thorne looked good, he is on loan there from West Brom.

I can't see Derby making autos next year either. They had momentum this year and it will be difficult to build that again, my early money is on Blackburn to come top next season. They have been grinding out wins in the later part of this season and will pose a big threat next year if they can keep hold of Rhodes.

How many could see us running away with the league this year after our exit in the play offs, especially the way we lost in the play-offs?

How many could see us running away with the league this year after our exit in the play offs, especially the way we lost in the play-offs?

Absolutely. They are by definition the best team left in this year's Championship, and two of the teams coming down look like they've got big problems. If they can keep McLaren, they've got to be a big shout.

Absolutely. They are by definition the best team left in this year's Championship, and two of the teams coming down look like they've got big problems. If they can keep McLaren, they've got to be a big shout.
My thoughts exactly. I'm tempted to stick a fiver on them for the title next year.

I'm not so sure, we'll have to remember this thread at the end of next season.

My money is on Blackburn. We bounced back but not everybody does..

By my definition above, they're second best team left in the Championship - so really ought to do well, especially considering their strong finish.

Bolton had a very strong finish last season, not so hot this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669