Chances for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we are better than last season I am happy, but anything top half would be great

Why all the doom and gloom?????

Let's face it we could do a Reading and run away with it scoring all the time. I'll settle for 5-4 wins every week, but then again I'd settle for 1-0 wins every week too.

We have seen how RK teams play, and I think Chris Kamara could be right (although I think he's a total prick).

Let's just wait and see!!!!!!!!!

I think we are all 'hoping' we will do well but some of us don't think we have that strong a team compared to others.But we will wait and see.

Top 10 finish would be a plus but I expect a lower mid-table finished. A season of consistent personnel at the club would be a plus. As I have just remarked on a different forum (not FT), the formula of having a near unknown manager and young starlets has created a tentiative excitement amongst us City fans.

Real Sharapova said:
There is no Mrs Shazza - that's how I can do what I want!:icon_razz

There is a Mrs Boc, but I can still do what I want. I don't think she cares.
:icon_conf

Last edited:
Deanos Beano said:
Let's face it we could do a Reading and run away with it scoring all the time.

You live in a land of clouds and cuckoos.

I expect improvement, but can't see us really challenging. '8th' is what I keep hearing in my head. Though if that shower Watford can do it...

not much of a spread bet i know, but 8-15th...

we've no midfield! (try screaming it as in 'she's got a knife!')

Here is my two penneth, I hope we can surpass expectation and achieve promotion, however whilst I feel we have the raw materials in the squad to certainly challenge for the play offs, the recent release of Hamill and Gerrbrand, plus continuing rumours that our finances could dictate further departures, which IMO will lead to 1 or 2 of the "family silver" departing in similar fashion to Connolly last season, in an attempt to balance the books, I believe the best we can hope for is a top 10 finish.

IMO the financial position is bleaker than is currently being reported and the recent noises coming out of the club do not convince me otherwise.

Sorry for the negative slant, I genuinely believe the current squad and management can achieve the play offs this season, but I am yet to be convinced that we are in a position to keep this squad intact.

i think on paper we are capable of a top half finish. clearly it would be nice if the squad was bigger and there are one or two areas we could be weak in - wings for example. having said that, if the luck goes with us injury wise and one or two key players have a good season (fryatt and hume in particular then the play-offs are not out of the question

None of us know, not even Shalamara. Let it go FFS, decide after 2 months, when our opinions are based on something relevant. Fecking energy wasters !! :icon_lol:

Here is what the Times think:

Leicester City

2005-06: 16th

Last Season: Changeable. Towards the end of Craig Levein's tenure, relegation looked a possibility, but the initially temporary appointment of the untried Rob Kelly ensured a 16th-place finish. The feeling persists that hell will be coated in a sheet of ice before Leicester return to the Premiership.

New Faces: An interesting quartet. Darren Kenton seemed permanently out of sorts at Southampton, but Josh Low resurrected a seemingly moribund career at Northampton. West Brom's Andy Johnson should add midfield nous and the Northern Ireland international Gareth McAuley is a towering defensive presence.

Prospects: Like Leicester itself, the team as seen better days, but Kelly has the aura of a winner, even if he may miss departed first-team coach Ray Graydon.

Prediction: Relegation is unthinkable, but so too is promotion. Mid-table.

Promotion Odds: 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570