Post Match Charlton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
surreal. still cant understand how we came away with nothing. we bossed the first half considering we were the away side but i was concerned how easily they turned our defence with a quick long pass down the channels. this happened repeatedly such that they had better chances whilst we had most of the ball. am i wrong to think that an inexperienced central defender deserves some screening infront of him away from home. too often a long pass forward found their front two against our back two with the second ball to be fought for between the four of them. we needed a deeper holding midfielder to pick up those pieces. Dire's decision making was poor all night - took on the full back when he should have laid it back and vica versa. he also drifted infield too much when we had pocession which i assume was supposed to allow konch space to overlap. however, on three occasions he did it when konch had the ball and needed him wide !!

marshall quite innefective so was no surprise when he was taken off though i would have swapped danns for dire before that.

we were more effective second half when we went more direct. inevitable when chasing the game. we have many strikers but no sign on last night's performance that the three on show will convert enough chances for us to do better than last season overall.

same old same old. the away support seemed quietly resigned to it all at the end.

and De Laet MOM. excellent.

Last edited:
You must have Harbro et al. on block.

I would say your loss, but it's not.

Only just seen his thread as I had only read this one, I think he has a point though I do agree it could have been formatted slightly better!

Still I think all the sarcy comments of 'we're shit', 'pearson out' etc are uncalled for though and it probably shows more what people are really thinking as no one was happy with the result last night but there were a lot of positives to take into the weekend.

Last edited:
Only just seen his thread as I had only read this one, I think he has a point though I do agree it could have been formatted slightly better!

Still I think all the sarcy comments of 'we're shit', 'pearson out' etc are uncalled for though and it probably shows more what people are really thinking as no one was happy with the result last night but there were a lot of positives to take into the weekend.

I think the "we're shit" "pear son out" comments are sarcy comments aimed at those who panic after losing the second game of the season.

I'm definitely out of love with football as I really am not bothered we lost....oh dear.

But the level of hindsight on this forum is incredible, even considering the ratio of morons.

Not sure if you're referring to me here, but I would point out that I made exactly the same points pre match (in a post about a week ago) as I have post match. I will also bang on about the issue again and again as NP singularly fails to adapt to the bleeding obvious.

Last night was typical of us over the last couple of years away from home, we have the players and chances to win, but we lose. If we want to be involved at the top end of the league this season, we have to overcome this. I'm over reacting to last night because it speaks volumes for our chances this season. People can make excuses for every negative result, and they've had a right good go in this thread, but we get beaten by weaker sides away from home far too easily and far too often.

And I can do without the smart arse comments about commenting despite 'not being there'. You don't have to be there to know why we do the same thing time after time. I've seen enough games in person to know it. Powell mugged Pearson with a considerably inferior side because he applied some intelligent thought to the match in advance. Pearson put his eleven out there and then went 'oh shit, this isn't going as I expected' and had to change personnel to get back in the game. That is not good enough.

Not sure if you're referring to me here, but I would point out that I made exactly the same points pre match (in a post about a week ago) as I have post match. I will also bang on about the issue again and again as NP singularly fails to adapt to the bleeding obvious.

Last night was typical of us over the last couple of years away from home, we have the players and chances to win, but we lose. If we want to be involved at the top end of the league this season, we have to overcome this. I'm over reacting to last night because it speaks volumes for our chances this season. People can make excuses for every negative result, and they've had a right good go in this thread, but we get beaten by weaker sides away from home far too easily and far too often.

And I can do without the smart arse comments about commenting despite 'not being there'. You don't have to be there to know why we do the same thing time after time. I've seen enough games in person to know it. Powell mugged Pearson with a considerably inferior side because he applied some intelligent thought to the match in advance. Pearson put his eleven out there and then went 'oh shit, this isn't going as I expected' and had to change personnel to get back in the game. That is not good enough.

I wasn't referring to you in particular - it was more a comment at a portion of the forum and the general tone after any defeat. I'm becoming quite disillusioned with our supporters and this forum, compounded by a conversation with someone yesterday who argued the classic 'Beckford and Yakubu are rubbish as they're lazy...". :bang:

I enjoy reading your posts as they are well thought out and constructed. :052:

Just not quite up to speed last night, although an equaliser would not have been undeserved. At least the Thames-side pub was up to scratch, looking forward to the canal-side pub on Saturday and a better result.

Last edited:
As per my previous posts, we certainly didn't deserve to lose the game and a draw would have been about right.

Our posession in the first 20 minutes was very good but we didn't carve out a single chance that their keeper had to save.

It was a very winnable game that got away from us at half time and based on the players we had on the pitch we shouldn't have lost to Charlton.

I really hope Vardy turns out to be a goal machine because we are going to need to score around 70-80+ to gain promotion.

I think the "we're shit" "pear son out" comments are sarcy comments aimed at those who panic after losing the second game of the season.

I'm definitely out of love with football as I really am not bothered we lost....oh dear.

But who is actually panicing? A couple of posters have raised valid points backed up by their reasoning for coming up with them. Other posters have then taken those opinions and attempted to ridicule them by taking those views to the extreme in attempt to look superior and put others down without saying why.

Your second paragraph is nonsense too, you spend most days browsing and posting on a forum based around football so it would appear that even though you would like to think you have fallen out of love with it, you're still clinging on to it here!

Edit - Mawsley, is that Sea Man as he and the rest of The Super Best friends should be able to sort out this mess!?!

Last edited:
But who is actually panicing? A couple of posters have raised valid points backed up by their reasoning for coming up with them. Other posters have then taken those opinions and attempted to ridicule them by taking those views to the extreme in attempt to look superior and put others down without saying why.

Your second paragraph is nonsense too, you spend most days browsing and posting on a forum based around football so it would appear that even though you would like to think you have fallen out of love with it, you're still clinging on to it here!

Edit - Mawsley, is that Sea Man as he and the rest of The Super Best friends should be able to sort out this mess!?!

Great, thanks for correcting me. I'll go away and tell myself that I do love football because you've told me I do.

Great, thanks for correcting me. I'll go away and tell myself that I do love football because you've told me I do.

You don't love football. Oooooooh Now what!!

not too much has gone right for our club since we left Filbert Street. I assume there isn't much chance of going back on that one.

Nah. It's been knocked down and a load of flats built there instead.

That's OK. Bit strange talking to yourself though and I didn't tell you anything other than my opinion of your statement.

As per my previous posts, we certainly didn't deserve to lose the game and a draw would have been about right.

Our posession in the first 20 minutes was very good but we didn't carve out a single chance that their keeper had to save.

It was a very winnable game that got away from us at half time and based on the players we had on the pitch we shouldn't have lost to Charlton.

I really hope Vardy turns out to be a goal machine because we are going to need to score around 70-80+ to gain promotion.

And that is the problem. We failed to win a good number of games last year when scoring two or even three goals.

Matter of opinion of course but I think our defence resources are weker still this season - so we'll need to be banging em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669