Post Match Charlton 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

BWP and ****ing Kermit for them, King as a sub again for us.

Disappointing, but always looked a tough game to be fair.

Move on. Learn from it.

So similar to last season, we only play for half a game.

Pearson picked the wrong team, we're not good enough to outplay a decent side away from home with two wingers.

Sounded like the defence weakness is what got the best of us tonight.... We created chances second half. Just need a better defence. Hopefully St Ledger/Whitbred give us that, but I still think we need more back there.

Disappointing and we really cannot afford to gift teams a two goal start, but the positive for me was the impact of the subs and the fact we got a good reaction in the second half. Take away the positives and work hard to eliminate the errors and move on to Blackburn away and a positive reaction and result.

It's clear the whole team is shit. We need a win at Blackburn now to prove they are all amazing.

We haven't won back-to-back games all season...

Kingy has to be pushing for a starting place ahead of James. Would be interested to here how Vardy did from anyone who was there as I thought he was decent on Saturday.

In this league, as the cliche goes, there really are no easy games. Seems like every time you look at the next fixture you wince a little bit.

I won't lose too much sleep just yet. I'd expect Pearson is a lot closer to figuring out his best side than he was 2 hours ago.

Sounded like the defence weakness is what got the best of us tonight.... We created chances second half. Just need a better defence. Hopefully St Ledger/Whitbred give us that, but I still think we need more back there.

You saw a lot more ability from St.Ledger than I did last year. I'm not awaiting his return with any excitement and I don't see that he's any better than Moore. I just hope Whitbread is very good, because unless he is, we'll be shipping at least two a game away from home.

As an aside, apparently Mills had a blinder for Bolton on his debut.

On a positive note, sounds like Andy King is properly back to his best. He must be a certain starter on Saturday.

So similar to last season, we only play for half a game.

Pearson picked the wrong team, we're not good enough to outplay a decent side away from home with two wingers.

This is just crap. We clearly were good enough to outplay a decent side away from home with two wingers - we did in the second half! And most of the first half! James gave the ball away for the first, moore was bullied by BWP all night and we didnt dominate the air in defence, but generally we were pretty good today. Gave it a right good go, created a hell of a lot of chances and were absolutely the better team. Just a shame we gave them a two goal start an didn't take some very presentable chances.

For what it's worth, de laet was my MoM and kingy and frenchie were excellent when they came on.

Thanks Doggie. Sounds like we defended poorly in the first half and were profligate with our chances in the second (I can't remember how many times the Sky reporter said we should have scored)

Consistently inconsistent as usual

Burton hit 6 tonight hope they come to attack next week

We played well for the first 20 minutes until they scored their first and then we went AWOL for the rest of the half. Beckford and vardy were good but with no service. The width from dyer was wasted as he continually cuts inside and seems as if he doesn't have the confidence to eat a player and then cross with his left foot.

They had two chances and scored from both. Game over.

Midfield wasn't great but we conceded from two sucker punch goals.

Second hf was much better with us actually having shots on goal. We should have got a point which was probably a fair result.

Vardy is very good indeed and I get the impression on e he scores he will score lots for us.

Not a bad performance and good substitutions at half to
Ego liven it up but I really above all players rate dyer the least on that display. Frustrating same old, same old.

Looks like the Championship is going to be the same as ever this season.As of tonight 22 of the 24 teams have played twice...& only Blackpool have won both games.Margin between success & failure is going to be the width of a fag paper so lets hope that games like tonight,where we probably should have got something,go our way maybe 70% of the time.If they do we should be in the mix for the play-offs at least.
Obviously I'm not happy with a defeat...but I did manage to compensate by winning a few quid on Kermit 'to score anytime' It was just so ****ing obviously going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669