Match Thread Charlton Athletic (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in real danger of slipping up here, its vital that we keep up with the teams who have gone above us with our games in hand, could easily end up slipping down into play offs...

He made very little impact as a sub during his spell with us. He's getting more game time now and it's paying off for Charlton, not sure Waggy would do much worse if he was in a similar situation though.

I don't think Waghorn would ever be a consistent scorer or good enough player at Championship level.

We are in real danger of slipping up here, its vital that we keep up with the teams who have gone above us with our games in hand, could easily end up slipping down into play offs...

we're already in the play offs

He made very little impact as a sub during his spell with us. He's getting more game time now and it's paying off for Charlton, not sure Waggy would do much worse if he was in a similar situation though.

Agreed. Kermogant didn't show anything for us, but has done well at Charlton. I don't regret us getting rid of him though (well, except when he scores against us).

I don't think Waghorn would ever be a consistent scorer or good enough player at Championship level.

That's why he's a squad player.

Not sure what all the fuss is about our bench. We've got 2 of the best forwards in the league, and few teams have a Nugent/Wood-like player on the bench. We can only pick 11 players, so it's hardly Vardy's fault we're not winning today.

I meant if we dont win our games in hand, we are only currently in the play offs cos other teams have played more

I don't really consider goal difference, based on the assumption of 2 wins, a big difference from actually being in the play-offs. Until May, anyway.

Brighton have just gone ahead at Cardiff.

That's why he's a squad player.

Not sure what all the fuss is about our bench. We've got 2 of the best forwards in the league, and few teams have a Nugent/Wood-like player on the bench. We can only pick 11 players, so it's hardly Vardy's fault we're not winning today.

What's the point in having a squad player of he's not good enough for the first team? I don't get that logic at all.

Whoever booed can go and jump off a ****ing bridge. Pricks.

What's the point in having a squad player of he's not good enough for the first team? I don't get that logic at all.

Who in the Championship has a substitute forward who is good enough for our first team? Cardiff excluded, as we don't have a Bellamy either.

I wouldn't boo, however we're on course for our 3rd consecutive defeat against another side from the lower regions of the table. I can sympathise with their frustration.

I heard a couple boo at the Middlesbrough game when it was half time at 0-0. It's hardly surprising they're doing it when we're 1-0 down to Charlton.

Palace winning. If results stayed as they are now come full time we'd be 5 points off 4th place.

In terms of booing, people are entitled (within the bounds of leaglity of course) to react however they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566