Pre Match Charlton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually hope that Yann scores a nice, delicately chipped penalty against us but only after we are convincingly ahead.

Can't see either happening though and reckon it will be a stalemate which I'd be more than happy about as bar Blackpool, I'd say this is the toughest of the opening fixtures.

Charlton have just come up and should be beatable, Blackburn are in a complete mess both on and off the field, Blackpool are about level with us and Wolves looked very suspect against an average Leeds. 10 points at least.

Or put another way, we're playing a team with momentum away from home, the division's 3rd favourites away from home, the 7th favourites at home and the 6th favourites away from home.

Clearly the bookies are not always correct (we're favourites!) and I'm not saying we can't win any of these games individually, but I personally think that 6 points out of three tough away games and a tough home game would be a decent return, and 9 points from 5 games at the start of the season would give us an excellent base to build off.

This could be a difficult away game but winnable. The managers will know a lot about each others game of course, which will be a factor. I don't think we should change much team wise, possibly King for James. I don't get the call for rotation at this stage for exhaustion, they've only played 90 mins league football. Having said that though , i wonder where Futacs is, thought he might have made the bench?
1-2 Marshall and Vardy

It wont be the same starting line up, i hope Beckford starts and i also think that Ker-knock-Ert will start and we will win 0-1

I have just listened to the phone-in which was very positive. I hope this will turn out to be justified. It is, however, worth pointing out that our performance against Peterborough was not as good as our first day performance against Coventry last year and I was not the only one who felt Leicester would have a new star in Fernandes - don't lets get carried away yet.

As pessimistic as I am about attending City matches, I think we'll win this.

Another clean sheet would be nice, although I've given up hope that we'll be able to defend set-pieces until I actually see it with my own eyes. Regardless, we'll be a whole lot better at the back this year and I'd like to think we'll frustrate teams throughout.

2-1 to us.

I hope we smash em! We always seem to lose there though bar that FA cup win under Levein, which was a fantastic day out.

I hope we smash em! We always seem to lose there though bar that FA cup win under Levein, which was a fantastic day out.

Smashing day indeed, shame this is not on a Saturday.

Anyone else going to this, PM me if you fancy a beer before the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670