Pre Match Charlton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beckford was great at the weekend and created a lot of space for Vardey with his running and effort. Why are people keen to see him dropped?

Beckford was great at the weekend and created a lot of space for Vardey with his running and effort. Why are people keen to see him dropped?

Maybe Alan Young has been round their house.

Simple Matt, quite a few people on here don't like him, he took time to settle in at a time when people expected him to score every time he touched the ball, when he didn't he became a target for the shortsighted bully boys on here. Hence the rumour mill about him leaving etc etc.I just wish they would get off his back, all the players endured a turbulent time last season and the dressing room was not a happy place and I doubt that we know a fraction of what went on and most of that knowledge is speculation and rumour, all in all we know bugger all.Get behind him, help him and he will help the team get what we all want thats promotion. Feel free to criticise, my skins thick enough, whilst your targeting me you will perhaps leave Beckford alone.

If such a world famous football pundit thinks Mr Beckford isn't up to much then it must be so.

After all Stringer has annointed Young as an all time Leicester legend on the back of his 26 goals for the club and its obious listening to them on RL that Young has becaom a much better player each and every season since retiring from the game.

If such a world famous football pundit thinks Mr Beckford isn't up to much then it must be so.

After all Stringer has annointed Young as an all time Leicester legend on the back of his 26 goals for the club and its obious listening to them on RL that Young has becaom a much better player each and every season since retiring from the game.

The prospect of no Thai streams and therefore a season of Alan Young depresses me no end.

Easy trip for us Londeners.

Expecting an unchanged team, unless James hasn't sufficiently got over his illness. Pearson has made his views pretty clear that if people are in the team and playing well, he won't change it. I thought everyone who played on Saturday did enough to merit keeping their place, with the only potential exception being James. I didn't think he was poor, but neither did I think he was excellent, and I thought King played very well when he came on.

This is the sort of game that we won in Pearson's first stint with us, so I'm hopeful. Regardless, I would happily take six points out of the next four league games right now.

Easy trip for us Londeners.

Expecting an unchanged team, unless James hasn't sufficiently got over his illness. Pearson has made his views pretty clear that if people are in the team and playing well, he won't change it. I thought everyone who played on Saturday did enough to merit keeping their place, with the only potential exception being James. I didn't think he was poor, but neither did I think he was excellent, and I thought King played very well when he came on.

This is the sort of game that we won in Pearson's first stint with us, so I'm hopeful. Regardless, I would happily take six points out of the next four league games right now.

Charlton have just come up and should be beatable, Blackburn are in a complete mess both on and off the field, Blackpool are about level with us and Wolves looked very suspect against an average Leeds. 10 points at least.

Whilst I believe Pearson will normally run with an unchanged team subject to illness/injury/suspension etc., I expect him to put either SSL or Zak in instead of Moore as soon as either is available. Although Moore played well on Saturday, I do not think Pearson would expect him to be first choice CB alongside Morgan at the start of the season.

I was also surprised that Nugent did not seem as 'on the ball' when he came on as last season and certainly did not look as good as Beckford, which I would never have said last season, so I expect Beckford and Vardy to start again.

In regards to Nugent, some players aren't much cop coming off the bench and are much more effective over 90 minutes. Perhaps Noooge is one of those players.

I'm surprised he has been dropped in favour of Vardy, but as long as the results keep coming, I wouldn't change it. Nugent will get plenty of games this year.

Now Waghorn? Gallagher? Not so sure there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669