Pre Match Charlton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent replace Beckford as his greater industry and work rate would be better suited for away games.

I see Mr Nugent has been having a dig about not playing on Twitter.

He tweeted this yesterday (and claimed it was about Southampton not starting Lambert, after he'd just scored against Man City)

@nuge101235: That's why you don't leave your leading goalscorers on the bench!

The next four league games will, in my view, define our season. The fixture computer has been rather unkind and we could find ourselves several points off the top of the Championship. Personally, I would see six points as a good return and, to do that, we need to get something at Charlton: not an easy proposition.

Should we be within a couple of points of the table toppers, after these games, I will begin to share the optimism that is prevalent.

I see Mr Nugent has been having a dig about not playing on Twitter.

He tweeted this yesterday (and claimed it was about Southampton not starting Lambert, after he'd just scored against Man City)

If he had scored a goal on Saturday then I might agree, but as he came on and did nothing I don't think it really holds up. Maybe he was just talking about the game he was watching and fans should stop looking for something that isn't there?

If he had scored a goal on Saturday then I might agree, but as he came on and did nothing I don't think it really holds up. Maybe he was just talking about the game he was watching and fans should stop looking for something that isn't there?

I think he's being a mardy Bastard because a non league player has taken his place in the team, almost understandable.

I think he's being a mardy Bastard because a non league player has taken his place in the team, almost understandable.

He should look to Alan Young for an example of how being replaced by a non-league player can skew your views

2-0 to Charlton, Shaun Bartlett score the goal of the season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent replace Beckford as his greater industry and work rate would be better suited for away games.

Good point - I think we might play 4-5-1 with James dropping to the bench and Danns and King coming in - Vardy or Nugent up front

The next four league games will, in my view, define our season. The fixture computer has been rather unkind and we could find ourselves several points off the top of the Championship. Personally, I would see six points as a good return and, to do that, we need to get something at Charlton: not an easy proposition.

Should we be within a couple of points of the table toppers, after these games, I will begin to share the optimism that is prevalent.

Nothing is defined after 5 games.

Good point - I think we might play 4-5-1 with James dropping to the bench and Danns and King coming in - Vardy or Nugent up front

After 2 games where we have scored 6 and not conceded I definitely think we need to change formation..

Definitely time to change the team/formation/shirt/mascot and everything

They must be exhausted after playing a full ninety minutes

Of course nothing is defined after five games but at least we might have a rough indication whether or not we're able to string a few good performances together - which is more than can be said for seasons gone by.

Despite Charlton's decent result at the weekend, this is very winnable and I think we'll scrape it. I expect to see Danns in for James and maybe Nugent in place of Beckford but other than that it doesn't seem very logical to alter too much.

1-0 us. But I'm going, and we don't win when that happens.

Pearson was asked about rotation on Saturday. He said that it's a concept that he's "uncomfortable" with.

Of course nothing is defined after five games but at least we might have a rough indication whether or not we're able to string a few good performances together - which is more than can be said for seasons gone by.

Despite Charlton's decent result at the weekend, this is very winnable and I think we'll scrape it. I expect to see Danns in for James and maybe Nugent in place of Beckford but other than that it doesn't seem very logical to alter too much.

1-0 us. But I'm going, and we don't win when that happens.

Kermit the frog missed an absolute sitter on Saturday, rest assured he won't be missing them against us.

If James is unfit, King replacing him is the only change I'd make (if all else are fit).

Partnerships are just starting to form, they do take time, so here's something radical, let's give them time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669