Post Match Chelsea 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get me wrong I’m extremely pleased with the excellent result, but are we not also ignoring that Chelsea hit the woodwork twice?

Was it a significantly improved performance or were we just very very lucky? Have only seen the highlights on MOTD and didn’t listen so genuinely want someone to give their opinion. Stats suggest the second was true...

Stringer started to talk about how close Chelsea were to scoring in the post-match on RL. But the fact is in most games there are close shaves either way (Ranieri mentioned this half way through 16/17 about how these things went our way in 15/16, but not the season after).

How much you focus on them can depend on the narrative you want to portray. I think you could see this game as “Puel gets lucky”, “Puel realises his errors and gets things right”, “Chelsea miss glaring chance to win 3 vital points” or “Snakes ignore Puel and win match”.

Not being there, I don’t know which is right....

Stringer started to talk about how close Chelsea were to scoring in the post-match on RL. But the fact is in most games there are close shaves either way (Ranieri mentioned this half way through 16/17 about how these things went our way in 15/16, but not the season after).

How much you focus on them can depend on the narrative you want to portray. I think you could see this game as “Puel gets lucky”, “Puel realises his errors and gets things right”, “Chelsea miss glaring chance to win 3 vital points” or “Snakes ignore Puel and win match”.

Not being there, I don’t know which is right....
If only Ndidi's shot had been a yard further to the right. If only Vardy's backheeled attempt had been a yard further to the right. If only...

No. You’re right it was a great win. However, one swallow does not a summer make. (Ask Homer :) )

So did Puel give an amazing half-time talk and change tactics, or did Morgan, Schmeichel and Vardy,(The Three Snakes), just whisper to the rest in the tunnel, 'Feck the Froggy, Vardy is fed up with playing at left back, let's just do what were good at it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757