Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trade I’d make I think.
Of course it would be fine if we won it, especially since it qualifies you for the Champions League. But it's more than likely an own goal goes in off Soyuncu's arse in the 98th minute of the semi final and we've already pissed our league season up a wall. It's just not a risk most clubs or managers will be willing to take.

I think I'd like to be a "nice" club that win things. You know, what we are.
Wouldn't we all but I don't think the 2 go hand in hand. We've done amazingly well over the last few years but when it comes to winning things we are the exception and not the rule.

Morgan and Fuchs have come to the end of their contracts. Sunday will be a fantastic opportunity to thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their contributions. I think the Fuchs/ Okazaki/ Huth band of brothers videos have been missing over the last few years. The others are obviously up for offers, but let's not naive. Can Perez even generate a bid? Ghezzal's stock is high, but Besiktas know they are in the driving seat. KDH has got great reviews, but he's a work in progress. Sowah??? Does he still need to qualify for residency/ appearances?

I'd rather the club continues to scout and buy prospects. Our recruitment must remain within our means.

That’s top 4 ****ed.

It’s really hard to criticise today after Saturday, but being in the top 4 for two whole seasons apart from two weeks, yet still zero Champions League football, is still incredibly disappointing.

But I’m still on a high from Saturday so meh.

Hey everyone, remember when Leicester City won the FA Cup!??!?

**** the Champions League.......for now. It's not like we are actually going to win it, or even get that far, is it!??! We have an incredibly young team, and they are only going to improve next season and gain from the experiences of this season.

We are growing at about the right pace I think. And just to remind you all, the last time we qualified for the Champions League, we literally spoffed all the money of some absolute cart horses and had a truly shit season (apart from the Champions League run to the quarters).

If we can bolster the squad, perhaps we can realistically challenge in the Europa League. It would be nice to win that, then mount a more serious challenge in the Champions League the year after. Then we will have well and truly chipped away at the available trophies and have a rather beautiful looking trophy cabinet.

Any way, my point is, don't get too down on missing out on Champions League football. Of course it's terribly disappointing to be in the top four for the best part of two entire seasons, except when it counts, but you know what? - if the last week or so has taught me anything, it's that you've got to take the rough with the smooth, and if the smooth is being FA Cup winners then I for one am a pretty happy chappy.

**** the Champions League.......for now. It's not like we are actually going to win it, or even get that far, is it!??! We have an incredibly young team, and they are only going to improve next season and gain from the experiences of this season.

We are growing at about the right pace I think. And just to remind you all, the last time we qualified for the Champions League, we literally spoffed all the money of some absolute cart horses and had a truly shit season (apart from the Champions League run to the quarters).

If we can bolster the squad, perhaps we can realistically challenge in the Europa League. It would be nice to win that, then mount a more serious challenge in the Champions League the year after. Then we will have well and truly chipped away at the available trophies and have a rather beautiful looking trophy cabinet.

Any way, my point is, don't get too down on missing out on Champions League football. Of course it's terribly disappointing to be in the top four for the best part of two entire seasons, except when it counts, but you know what? - if the last week or so has taught me anything, it's that you've got to take the rough with the smooth, and if the smooth is being FA Cup winners then I for one am a pretty happy chappy.
VOTE FOR JOE FOX YOU TOSSERS

No complaints really. We got blitzed.

It was as I feared it would be; a well up for it Chelsea tore into us and we hadn't enough (left) to respond. I'm surprised we did as well as we did tbh. I was ok with it at half time.

I thought we'd go looking to defend, not to lose, so the selection of Perez AND Maddison surprised me. I thought Maddison in particular was disappointing, OK he'd got a forward role, and we rarely got the ball up that far , but neither did he get himself involved and go looking. We don't have too many options though.

I console myself by comparing squads. How many gazillion went into Chelsea's?

I also understand (within a context) Nacho not starting. We weren't going there to win it, we went not to lose. You can disagree with the tactic but IMHO it was an understandable thing to do under the circumstances.

Nacho is a good finisher but he's unreliable at holding onto the ball. His first touch, his strength on the ball - these are things he needs to work on. I think BR considered it a risk and didn't want to be giving away possession easily (ironic as it happened, we did that anyway!) It was always going to be a lone striker game and Vardy was understandably going to be that striker. Vardy, for all the current concerns, has a football intelligence that Nacho has yet to develop.

I also understand (within a context) Nacho not starting. We weren't going there to win it, we went not to lose. You can disagree with the tactic but IMHO it was an understandable thing to do under the circumstances.

Nacho is a good finisher but he's unreliable at holding onto the ball. His first touch, his strength on the ball - these are things he needs to work on. I think BR considered it a risk and didn't want to be giving away possession easily (ironic as it happened, we did that anyway!) It was always going to be a lone striker game and Vardy was understandably going to be that striker. Vardy, for all the current concerns, has a football intelligence that Nacho has yet to develop.
True. And he was terrible in the cup final.
Did really well when he came on through

100%

And what did Vardy's football intelligence add to the game?

We're carrying him at the moment and on current form, he'd be better utilised as an impact sub.

What it did add is debatable. What it might have added is the point. Managers are not blessed with clairvoyance.

What Vardy can bring to a game has been shown time and again. He's not lost those smarts even if he's slowing down. He's a cannie player is our Jamie.

We're carrying him at the moment and on current form, he'd be better utilised as an impact sub.

Playing nacho up front when you're wanting to defend for 90 minutes just isn't something anyone would seriously consider. His game is purely about goals, nothing else...if you don't attack then he's pointless.

Big summer of rest needed for Vardy. Im hoping the congested season is a big factor in his lack of goalscoring and not age finally catching up with him.

I've noted the comments re Chillwell. Something did seem personal to me as well. I'd got a similar impression with some of Mahrez's performances against us too, but Mahrez I can kind of understand. But why Chillwell? I thought he was one of us when he was with us. Did he do something or has it just been his words since?

I've noted the comments re Chillwell. Something did seem personal to me as well. I'd got a similar impression with some of Mahrez's performances against us too, but Mahrez I can kind of understand. But why Chillwell? I thought he was one of us when he was with us. Did he do something or has it just been his words since?
He's just an extremely narcissistic little twerp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570