Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually can't really get upset about tonight. Don't really care enough about the so called champions league (we're 4th - we ain't champions.) But we won the cup. We're in a European competition anyway. and **** it WE WON THE ****ING CUP! A bloody good season. Now lets ****ing stuff Tottingham.

The main beef with not getting champions league is you end up with the Euro cup. Not a lot of money for an extra 6 games and loads of travelling. Add in that it's a bit shit and it's a handicap for next season. I think now we've had 2 seasons of flopping at the top 4 next season's aim should be another cup unless we keep key players (and they're happy to be kept). Bin Europe off by playing kids.....rinse and repeat.

Nope, don't see it happening.

The bigger teams are there and have the experience and the know how to close out the games when it comes to crunch time.

We don't have that experience yet, and it's why we will just miss out again.

It's the hope that kills you, so I'm not holding onto any.

We won the cup, and it's a hugely successful season again because of that.

I'm going to accept it for what it's likely to be rather than get my hopes up and be gutted on the final day

The bigger teams are there and have the experience and the know how to close out the games when it comes to crunch time.

I'm going to accept it for what it's likely to be rather than get my hopes up and be gutted on the final day

A healthy approach. Champions League a bonus.

Now, if we’d have lost on Saturday I’d be in a dark place.

Chelsea have 25 players of a very good standard that they can rotate and rest through the season. Leicester have probably 14 or 15
Was just thinking the same. We’ve barely had any options for weeks and really have only 14 players, and some of them are running on empty. Makes the lack of game time for Praet all the more mysterious.

Harvey’s injury cost us big time.

but we won the FA Cup :)

Have been accepting it for weeks. Always saw Liverpool getting a run of wins.

A healthy approach. Champions League a bonus.

Now, if we’d have lost on Saturday I’d be in a dark place.

Precisely how I feel. The Cup win took a lot of tension out of tonight for me.

Look back at the pre match thread and it went pretty much exactly how I expected.

Chelsea wanted it a lot more than us, we struggled to get the motivation back after rightly celebrating Saturdays magnificent occasion.

Was just thinking the same. We’ve barely had any options for weeks and really have only 14 players, and some of them are running on empty. Makes the lack of game time for Praet all the more mysterious.

Harvey’s injury cost us big time.

but we won the FA Cup :)

Two of our very best players out with long term knee injuries. Just difficult.

The main beef with not getting champions league is you end up with the Euro cup. Not a lot of money for an extra 6 games and loads of travelling. Add in that it's a bit shit and it's a handicap for next season. I think now we've had 2 seasons of flopping at the top 4 next season's aim should be another cup unless we keep key players (and they're happy to be kept). Bin Europe off by playing kids.....rinse and repeat.
If we're going to **** off the stupid Europa League, let's do it in the group stage. It has the incredibly annoying combination of not being rated by anyone or handing out much prize money, but still being ****ing difficult to win and requiring a massive squad.

Wherever we end up this season I think we need a clear out. Perez, Morgan, fuchs, amartey, hamza, Ghezzel and for me Albrighton (sorry dude).
Replaced with Eduard, Somare and probably 4 others. We will have Barnes and Justin back too.

If we're going to **** off the stupid Europa League, let's do it in the group stage. It has the incredibly annoying combination of not being rated by anyone or handing out much prize money, but still being ****ing difficult to win and requiring a massive squad.

Exactly. With our resources we either go balls deep for the euro on the off chance or try and get top 4. Not sure which is less likely tbh.

Funny how the mentality changes on here.

Anything more than a beating would have been an unexpected bonus tonight.

We'll ****ing hammer spurs

You don’t think Morgan and Fuchs played an important squad role this season?
Yes for a handful of games but if we are going to move forwards we need players available for 20 plus games a season.
Both along with Albrighton should get the freedom of the city but trying to take sentiment out of the decision I think we need to replace them with better players. Do we want to be a nice club that people have as a second club or do we want to improve and make sure we get the best chance to win trophies and get into the top 4?

Yes for a handful of games but if we are going to move forwards we need players available for 20 plus games a season.
Both along with Albrighton should get the freedom of the city but trying to take sentiment out of the decision I think we need to replace them with better players. Do we want to be a nice club that people have as a second club or do we want to improve and make sure we get the best chance to win trophies and get into the top 4?

I think I'd like to be a "nice" club that win things. You know, what we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566