Post Match Chelsea 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasper - 6 - made a couple of good saves, had no chance with the goals. Would have been a lot worse if he played like some of them.

Hernandez - 4.5 - best of the defenders
Morgan - 3.5 - his terrible mistake in the first 10 mins put us out of the match.
Huth - 4 - stupid yellow
Fuchs - 4 - he'd be better for us in midfield at the moment :)

Albrighton - 6.5 - probably our motm worked hard and his crosses were okay just no-one with a head for them
Drinkwater - 5.5 - battled hard, looked good at times but made some poor passes in desperation too
Amartey - 5.5 - he worked hard and intercepted well
Schlupp - 5 - not as bad as some people make out, should have had a peno.

Musa - 4 - looked like he hadn't played with the first team yet, kept running hard throughout.
Vardy - 1.5 - and maybe I'm too generous, one trick pony who has forgotten his trick.

Slimani - 4.5 - at least he gave us an aerial threat
Mahrez - 4 - could have gotten injured
King - 4.5.

The CL is a very different kettle of fish but I hope the spurs away match before the next CL game gives players with no hope of playing CL (the league cup guys) a full game. Slimani and Okazaki should be our strike pair for the next few games and Gray should replace Mahrez more often. At the back we need new players.

I think Chelsea should be embarrassed that they only won by three.

We would have lost against any Premier League side today, and probably most in the Championship.

We're not fit.
We're not mentally right.
We're playing like strangers.
We're in a relegation battle.

I agree with you but on paper we've lost away to Liverpool, Manu, Chelsea which even if we were playing well wouldn't be a big surprise. The Hull result should have told us something was up though. spurs away next gets most of the big boys away games out of the way and will give us more realistic opponents away for a while.

Drinky, Kasper and Albrighton played ok. I have some sympathy for Vardy and Musa as they got very little service. Both Sclupp and Amarty are guilty of getting the ball and doing nothing with it when we were crying out for movement.

First time at Stamford Bridge, nice stadium. The announcer needs to be told he's on the PA. Glad Kante came over and clapped us at the end.

Didn't watch today and didn't want the United game. I have absolutely no faith in us away from home at the moment. Away games are becoming a pointless exercise.

We are doing this season what I expected us to do last season. Somehow, last season didn't go as I thought it would.

We are doing this season what I expected us to do last season. Somehow, last season didn't go as I thought it would.
My thoughts too. Plus, even though the players won't admit it, there must be a bit of a come-down after the extraordinary highs of last season. Still, looking towards Tuesday. Onwards & upwards!

Strangely it feels much more like the familiar territory that Leicester fans should be used to. Crap half hearted performance, bemoaning the shite served up, Monday night troll-fest phone ins

Morgan was at fault for both goals switched off and was massively out of position for the second, Amartey struggles against better quality teams, I couldnt understand why CR brought on Slimani and then took off Albrighton.

There was just no intensity again the bonus is we will have played most of the big teams away before xmas

Morgan was at fault for both goals switched off and was massively out of position for the second, Amartey struggles against better quality teams, I couldnt understand why CR brought on Slimani and then took off Albrighton.

There was just no intensity again the bonus is we will have played most of the big teams away before xmas

Albrighton was frigged once again as he tries as he does every game. He has also performed in the Champions League which suggests it is possible to try more than once a week.

Some of our players are mentally finished after last season.

Some of them have zero cover compared to last year and are struggling as a result.

This is embarrassing though.

That's what he said, getting 40 points.

No, he didn't. I'm referring to his interview on RL where he was asked about leaving out Mahrez and Slimani. His response was that he was saving them for the Champions League. When pressed about whether that meant that the league wasn't his priority, his response was that his priority was the Champions League. He said that they hadn't got a strong enough squad to compete in both so he would rotate players for league games and his target was 40 points in the league.

This is nothing like his very sensible 40 point mantra from last season and it's silly to pretend it is. Before the season he talked about finishing top half this season which seemed perfectly reasonable to me. He's now effectively saying that survival is all he wants.

This excuse/rationale doesn't even make sense. His team selections over the season so far don't reflect his newly professed approach.

I've never known a manager or players think the league campaign is in some way inferior. It is always number one. Taking it lightly is an act of gross stupidity. If we continue with our current form, and then in January several players clear off for the ANC, we'll be smack bang in a relegation battle. Frankly, whether we're in Europe then is totally irrelevant to me.

Before today, I was angry with Kante for his decision to leave us this summer. Now, I think he's made absolutely the right decision. Why would anyone with genuine ambition stay with a manager with an attitude like ours has this season? I don't blame our players for the start we've made either. Their manager is effectively sending them out in league matches with a 'league cup' attitude.

Amazingly if we hadnt of won the league last season this wouldnt be a bad start. Im happy we're prioritising the Champions league, we wont get that luxury again. Our home form should see us stay up comfortably anyhow.
I would however like to start developing a style of play we can sustain in the future, our stealing the ball and breaking just doesnt work as well without Kante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669