Post Match Chelsea 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone on here was one of those who booed Kante yesterday, I would like to say this:

You are an absolute embarrassment to Leicester City FC. Take your vitriolic words and **** off.
Agree. It was embarrassing.

Last season has really messed up some people.
Yes and no.

We won the title. It isn't unrealistic to try to press for another top 4 finish especially with what we spent.

With the exception of Slimani who looks good I think we have wasted our money.

The really sad thing is, some of our mongies really expected us to achieve that!
I don't think most do.

I do think most expect the best defence last season not to lose three away games on the bounce 4-1, 4-1, 3-0. That is poor going for any team in the league.

But wouldn't the noise made be more productive if it was cheering on our team rather than booing an opposition player?

If I was on the pitch and was getting booed, it would make me want to up my game. Which is exactly what happened yesterday. Bravo.
Absolutely. And for a spell in the second half we did seem to lift the team. Otherwise we were pretty quiet.

Drinkwater is at the centre of everything for us this season. He's demanding the ball constantly. Yesterday, he either passed the ball to a team mate (87 times) or received it from a team mate (80 times). Half of our entire passing directly involves him. However, most of these passes are to and from a full back or Amartey. Essentially, they are pointless.

He's doing this because there is so much less movement and energy in the team. At times, he was screaming at players to move for him more. He'd receive the ball, look around and see nothing positive on. So he'd go backwards or sideways. If you look at the average positions of both Albrighton and Schlupp, they were both in central midfield more than out wide. In fact, we had three players (Drinkwater, Amartey and Albrighton) that played in exactly the same position for most of the game. So we have our man that the ball gets to and he has no positive options because there isn't sufficient width. His other outlet was a ball forward long to Vardy who was always moving and offering himself (not doing this anywhere near as much this season) or Okazaki who would find space and come short to link the play (he's largely been left out).

The other main problem is we're making individual errors due to a lack of concentration. That's why we're scared every time we concede a corner now. Because the onus is on an individual to do their job and we can't rely on anyone at the moment.

Ultimately, we've failed miserably to adapt to this season. Our completely different pre-season has meant the players aren't fit and aren't ready. Our new players haven't really been incorporated into our style. Our style itself is a mystery with it being nothing last last season but nothing much else either. Our players seem exasperated with themselves and each other. Our manager appears to be confused about the whole thing.

What we know is that we have good players and a manager with a lot of experience and ability. What we should also be thankful for is the fact that we're in a league with Sunderland, Burnley and Hull.

Last season has really messed up some people.

I think that's harsh. I think we've got every reason to expect better from our squad and manager than we've seen in the league so far. It's not so much the results as the performances which have been so lacking.

In terms of the Champions League, I don't like the competition and never have. Just because my team are in it doesn't mean that it's become something new to me. It's a competition designed by and for a small elite of clubs, executives and advertisers that has absolutely nothing to do with discovering who the best team in Europe is. I can't remember the last time I watched any Champions League match on TV with any kind of interest or enthusiasm.

I like the fact that we're playing European opposition but it's a fun sideshow for me and nothing more. Hence my annoyance at our players and manager prioritising the wrong thing.

What exactly is messed up about having these opinions? I don't expect us to win the league again or anything like it. I expect us to be competitive and for our players to perform at a level which they're perfectly capable of - in the league. That's what I pay my season ticket for.

Drinkwater is at the centre of everything for us this season. He's demanding the ball constantly. Yesterday, he either passed the ball to a team mate (87 times) or received it from a team mate (80 times). Half of our entire passing directly involves him. However, most of these passes are to and from a full back or Amartey. Essentially, they are pointless.

He's doing this because there is so much less movement and energy in the team. At times, he was screaming at players to move for him more. He'd receive the ball, look around and see nothing positive on. So he'd go backwards or sideways. If you look at the average positions of both Albrighton and Schlupp, they were both in central midfield more than out wide. In fact, we had three players (Drinkwater, Amartey and Albrighton) that played in exactly the same position for most of the game. So we have our man that the ball gets to and he has no positive options because there isn't sufficient width. His other outlet was a ball forward long to Vardy who was always moving and offering himself (not doing this anywhere near as much this season) or Okazaki who would find space and come short to link the play (he's largely been left out).

The other main problem is we're making individual errors due to a lack of concentration. That's why we're scared every time we concede a corner now. Because the onus is on an individual to do their job and we can't rely on anyone at the moment.

Ultimately, we've failed miserably to adapt to this season. Our completely different pre-season has meant the players aren't fit and aren't ready. Our new players haven't really been incorporated into our style. Our style itself is a mystery with it being nothing last last season but nothing much else either. Our players seem exasperated with themselves and each other. Our manager appears to be confused about the whole thing.

What we know is that we have good players and a manager with a lot of experience and ability. What we should also be thankful for is the fact that we're in a league with Sunderland, Burnley and Hull.

See that is a more reasoned approach. The entire club, from fans, to owners to players, went through something utterly unique. There is no template for how to follow up the greatest season in the history of sport. So far, we've really struggled with it in a number of ways, many listed in this thread.

I can only speak for me but I'm struggling to lift myself for a 7am kickoff in an away game I fully expect us to struggle in...I'd imagine I'm not alone. Last season definitely broke me in some ways. Or, alternatively, allowed me to focus on other things.

Unlike you, however, I'm absolutely loving the Champions League fixtures and am delighted the club are having a real go.

But wouldn't the noise made be more productive if it was cheering on our team rather than booing an opposition player?

If I was on the pitch and was getting booed, it would make me want to up my game. Which is exactly what happened yesterday. Bravo.

I'm sure they spent a lot of time cheering on our team too.

I expected an adverse reaction this season. In the PL its worse than expected but in the CL we've been excellent so far.

If we'd been more ruthless in the summer then I think there would have been radical changes in the defence. But this would have appeared to be unfair and OTT to most folk.

By the end of the season I expect that most fans will buy into the idea that its time to say many thanks and goodbye to Wes and Fuchs. In the meantime lets just hope that we can achieve Claudio's two primary aims for the season.

In the meantime it may be best to rest Vardy for a few weeks. I also think that Grey has done enough to be given starts for the next few games.

Everyone would have been up in arms if Leicester had sold Vardy and Mahrez in the summer. In reality selling Vardy would have been a stroke of genius and if the price was right Mahrez too. We would have then been forced to get more players with a hunger to win and perform, who needed to prove themselves.

Last season we knew that Wes and Huth were getting long in the tooth, we've brought in Hernandez and failed to bring in Keane. We needed to get at least one more central defender.

Muse seems to be getting some stick - a little unfair - he hasn't been here long enough yet and he really was a replacement in style of play for Vardy and he has performed about as well as Jamie so far this season. We took too long to get slimani in and we've been unfortunate with Mendy and James injuries. zieler seems fine as the GK backup.

The real problem for the fans is their short term memories.

Neither Vardy or Mahrez arrived here in the form they displayed last year. It took one to two years for them to become great. Vardy nearly gave up altogether because he could not adjust.

Yet we expect Slimani and Musa to come into a totally different league and be instantly magic.

Kante was not magic when he started for us. He grew into the role. Hernandez appears to have adapted the quickest.

Unfortunately some of our fickle fans demand instant results.

If anything the booing spurred Kante on. He was Sky's MOTM and nearly scored.
I gather he went over to the away section to clap them too at the end of the game.
I wouldn't boo an ex player unless he was arse like Matt Mills or reacts to any twats booing by having a go at the City fans, which has happened many times.

I really am struggling to get enthused about the league at all. We've achieved something that I and I'm sure probably all City fans thought impossible. We have climbed Everest without oxygen or a team to back us up and have done it in style.

No matter what the players are paid I'm certain not one of them thought in their wildest dreams that they could win the league. They must be struggling to lift themselves.

Whether we like it or not this season was always going to be 'after the Lord Mayors show', the Champions League is now the only completion of note bar the FA Cup that we haven't won.

I really can't see how people don't understand why we are underperforming - particularly away from home.

You clearly weren't there.

I clearly listened and watched every second in HD quality. I heard them sing. And our Away support has been fantastic for quite some time now.

Although being at the game is much better than watching on tv, one can see more from a better angle (angles) than one can in the ground. And I had the possibility to re-watch as often as I desired.

If anything the booing spurred Kante on. He was Sky's MOTM and nearly scored.
I gather he went over to the away section to clap them too at the end of the game.
I wouldn't boo an ex player unless he was arse like Matt Mills or reacts to any twats booing by having a go at the City fans, which has happened many times.

It normally has the opposite affect that a crowd wants when they boo a player. I very rarely do - but people like Wise deserved it. My point was not that I'd boo but that the paying customer who has made the effort to go to the game has the right to boo if he wishes and I think the boos weren't really with any animosity.

I really am struggling to get enthused about the league at all. We've achieved something that I and I'm sure probably all City fans thought impossible. We have climbed Everest without oxygen or a team to back us up and have done it in style.

No matter what the players are paid I'm certain not one of them thought in their wildest dreams that they could win the league. They must be struggling to lift themselves.

Whether we like it or not this season was always going to be 'after the Lord Mayors show', the Champions League is now the only completion of note bar the FA Cup that we haven't won.

I really can't see how people don't understand why we are underperforming - particularly away from home.

It may be that way for you but when a player is getting around 100K a week to train and play football he should be doing it with more effort.

It may be that way for you but when a player is getting around 100K a week to train and play football he should be doing it with more effort.

That's my beef at the moment. We could get relegated trying and I'd be more content than I am currently knowing we've decided each game before a CL isn't worth bothering in. I was surprised at agreeing with sounness yesterday in his summary that we just can't be arsed with these games.

Reactions: FIF
That's my beef at the moment. We could get relegated trying and I'd be more content than I am currently knowing we've decided each game before a CL isn't worth bothering in. I was surprised at agreeing with sounness yesterday in his summary that we just can't be arsed with these games.

Which is why CR should be playing those players who haven't got a chance of CL in those games.

Too many of you attacked Wasyl's play last time out but I'd rather have him in and make a mistake than Morgan or Huth for the game before the CL Ulloa and Musa/okazaki in attack, Gray and Schluup on the wings, Simpson and Chilwell at FB and King and whoever if midfield.

I really didn't understand CR playing Vardy in that setup yesterday - Slimani would have been best but if he was being saved then Ulloa should've been in and I'd suppose he's got more of an understanding with Okazaki or Musa from second line training session.

Everything that went well for us last season has not this season.

We are shipping lots of goals like last season until November time. The difference is that last season we also had an attack who were on form, buzzing and creative.

For some reason our pressing isn't nearly at the level of what it could be at this season, and the forwards are off form. To add to that, teams are sitting deeper which means our forwards' best strengths are being nullified. This is part of this year's downfall.

With the intro of Slimani this will slowly change. We have a different outlet. Someone who is relatively quick, has pressing and aggressive abilities but also someone who is tall, strong and agile.

Our defenders overachieved last season. They are underachieving this season. Perhaps it's a mental thing as was last season. Where's that psychologist?

In CR we trust. He won the Premier League for us ffs. Hopefully he sees that without Kante or a near enough replacement, we need an extra man in midfield. Also that a shape change will keep the opposition guessing and ruin their plan before the game even begins.

What bothers me more than anything is the lack of effort. There's no pressing or pushing and we simply cannot afford to play 442 without pressing. Even with Kante this is a difficult thing to do.

Lastly Mahrez looks like he needs to be reminded how good he is. Mahrez is one of the best technical players in the world. Someone should remind him of that and perhaps he'd play with the arrogance of Ronaldo and start to discover his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669