Post Match Chelsea 5 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest here. Chelsea could have been 4 or 5 clear by half time.I don't remember Cech making many saves yet Chelsea looked as if they could score everytime they came forward.
5 goals doesn't flatter them at all.

I honestly think it does, on the grand scheme of things we had more ball and played the better football, they did what any great team can do and sat back and launched punishing counter attacks, what glory.

i would assume the best way a lower league team gets a result away at a higher ranked side is to get stuck in. not a booking and apart from wellen's' challenge on torres in the first minute, i cant recall a heavy challenge on a chelsea player. we just looked naive until it was too late. they had a few class players on show but we could have done better as NP commented.

I don't think 5-2 flattered Chelsea. The midfield (bar Gally who was awful) played really well as did the front pair, but the back 4, and Schmeichel, had a very poor game. We had some decent chances yes, but every time we gave the ball away and they attacked, we looked like we were going to concede. We could and probably should have conceded 4 by halftime and although we went for it, I never truly believed we were going to get back into the game as I knew Chelsea could score again if they had to. I'm not being overtly critical, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and we came away with a lot of credit, but we were out of it at 2-0.

Personally I think Pearson's comments about working them harder applies to our own defence rather then theirs. We made it easy for their midfield and strikers to create chances and we should have made it more difficult for them. I don't think we can be pulled up for our attacking play today, except perhaps Nugent's poor attempt to square it to Beckford when we were chasing them down but I'll let him off.

Hopefully we can take several pluses from this and kick on against Blackpool, who will allow us to play. I'm hoping that screamer from Marshall has helped him settle down in the squad, but even if not, I'd still have him ahead of Gallagher on Wednesday.

Was really sickened after the first 20mins. Morgan, Kasper, and Gally at fault. Nice of Gally to track back for their second, it was as if he was running along side for encouragement, "Go on son stick it in the corner, Keeps 'll never reach it"

Chelsea looked capable of playing in low gears and gave us possession, never truely troubled after being gifted a lead. Really pleased we scored a couple though and competed in the second half. Marshall's was something sweet to savor for me as well as him no doubt.

Fans singing made me proud, scoreline didn't.

Last edited:
Can I just say, if any of you on here are the group of fans who, at half time in the toilets, were saying in earnest that you wish it was Gallagher instead of Muamba, you are abhorrent ****s and deserved the abuse I gave you. Don't start threatening me with violence for pointing out your sub-human weaknesses.

Can I just say, if any of you on here are the group of fans who, at half time in the toilets, were saying in earnest that you wish it was Gallagher instead of Muamba, you are abhorrent ***** and deserved the abuse I gave you. Don't start threatening me with violence for pointing out your sub-human weaknesses.

Absolute scum.

unlucky but be realistic-playing against players like drogba,lampard,essien and luiz ....
This is the problem when the above can be left out from the starting 11 and still win at a canter.Money has distorted football.
I would imagine that teams such as west brom and sunderland will be trying to buy one or two swansea players just to weaken them for next year-regardless of whether they will get in their teams.
I think NP will be doing likewise in the summer.having said that ,if the 8% interest on the loan you have been given is true, you will be in the deepest of deep trouble if the owners gets fed up.
Good to hear you all thought your fans were noisy.perhaps you will need to reconsider when you hear a really loud fan base next weekend.

unlucky but be realistic-playing against players like drogba,lampard,essien and luiz ....
This is the problem when the above can be left out from the starting 11 and still win at a canter.Money has distorted football.
I would imagine that teams such as west brom and sunderland will be trying to buy one or two swansea players just to weaken them for next year-regardless of whether they will get in their teams.
I think NP will be doing likewise in the summer.having said that ,if the 8% interest on the loan you have been given is true, you will be in the deepest of deep trouble if the owners gets fed up.
Good to hear you all thought your fans were noisy.perhaps you will need to reconsider when you hear a really loud fan base next weekend.

**** off you boring ****.

I"m only trying to forewarn against impending doom Indie.
After recent comings and goings Hull City have started to recruit and train local back room staff so that if one person leaves ,as didNP,we will keep a stable unit .
I personally would like to follow the crewe model where we will have good times and less good with a long term commited manager.
I fear NP will have to deliver or be sacked -and if he does deliver he will be moving up the career ladder.
Hull,Foxes,Boro,Brum,Norwich,Cardiff....There are 20 or so clubs of roughly equal potential-mid prem down to top league 1-who should be realistic.We will never play champions league-that is for bigger clubs and it is better imo to concentrate on doing the best we can in our world than trying and failing to keep up with the big boys

I"m only trying to forewarn against impending doom Indie.
After recent comings and goings Hull City have started to recruit and train local back room staff so that if one person leaves ,as didNP,we will keep a stable unit .
I personally would like to follow the crewe model where we will have good times and less good with a long term commited manager.
I fear NP will have to deliver or be sacked -and if he does deliver he will be moving up the career ladder.
Hull,Foxes,Boro,Brum,Norwich,Cardiff....There are 20 or so clubs of roughly equal potential-mid prem down to top league 1-who should be realistic.We will never play champions league-that is for bigger clubs and it is better imo to concentrate on doing the best we can in our world than trying and failing to keep up with the big boys

Sub-human scum.

Bit harsh Maws he's trying to make a valid point.

You can't make the mistakes you may get away with in the Championship against a top 6 Premier team, may be nerves, but we made some basic errors and did the simple things badly in the first half. Can't fault te effort of most, we tried to take it to them but their better players were better than our better players generally. But I thought we clawed a bit of rep back 2nd half.

The first 20 mins were dire and we could easily have been 4-0 down. After that I think we competed OK, but Chelsea already had the game won in reality.

I actually thought they showed more hunger and were doing the pressing that Pearson likes us to do in the first quarter of the game. Konch was the only defender to come out with any credit and although I don't think Kasper was directly to blame for any of the goals, I think he could have done better with two or three of them.

Gally was useless and him giving up running back for their second really made my blood boil (anyone else would have kept on running past Kasper and covered the line). I thought Wellens was pooor early on in the game but got going through the middle part and did well until he tired.

I thought Danns was really good and him, Nugent and Beckford caused them some problems. Marshalls goal was brilliant.

We lost the game in the first 20 mins and I can sympathise with Pearson being angry at how we defended as a team during this phase. Two goals conceeded from corners and our frailties to the counter are a bit worrying, no matter who the opposition are

Last edited:
i would assume the best way a lower league team gets a result away at a higher ranked side is to get stuck in. not a booking and apart from wellen's' challenge on torres in the first minute, i cant recall a heavy challenge on a chelsea player. we just looked naive until it was too late. they had a few class players on show but we could have done better as NP commented.

That was the most disappointing aspect for me. We just didn't pressure and close them down enough. As you say, when the team you are playing has more talent, you have to get in their faces and make up the deficit with a higher work rate.

Can I just say, if any of you on here are the group of fans who, at half time in the toilets, were saying in earnest that you wish it was Gallagher instead of Muamba, you are abhorrent ****s and deserved the abuse I gave you. Don't start threatening me with violence for pointing out your sub-human weaknesses.

I take it with you being able to post on here that it was only threats?

I take it with you being able to post on here that it was only threats?

Yes. When I informed him that he was a sick little boy (I may have used stronger words) he informed me that he would remove my head from neck. When I told him that I would enjoy seeing him try this (he was a good 6" shorter and 2 stone lighter than me) his friends had to remove him from the scene.

He got his though, I went out and informed the stewards that they were smoking in the toilets and they got a jolly good telling off.

Yes. When I informed him that he was a sick little boy (I may have used stronger words) he informed me that he would remove my head from neck. When I told him that I would enjoy seeing him try this (he was a good 6" shorter and 2 stone lighter than me) his friends had to remove him from the scene.

He got his though, I went out and informed the stewards that they were smoking in the toilets and they got a jolly good telling off.

Good for you Matt. Decent people like you need to stand up to the pond life that infests our society today.

I too would like to see you follow the Crewe model and **** off down to League Two.

U

I was over the moon when gally went off injured, I'm sure you already know my opinion of him, however it is totally disgusting when people think it is ok to make comments like those you mentioned, well bloody done for standing up to the brainless morons Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669