Post Match Chelsea 5 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
U
Yes. When I informed him that he was a sick little boy (I may have used stronger words) he informed me that he would remove my head from neck. When I told him that I would enjoy seeing him try this (he was a good 6" shorter and 2 stone lighter than me) his friends had to remove him from the scene.

He got his though, I went out and informed the stewards that they were smoking in the toilets and they got a jolly good telling off.

I was over the moon when gally went off injured, I'm sure you already know my opinion of him, however it is totally disgusting when people think it is ok to make comments like those you mentioned, well bloody done for standing up to the brainless morons Matt.

I wanted Gallagher here before he joined the Club but now I am not so sure. To me he has been a disappointment and perhaps playing wide right is not his game but he is not giving anyone a compelling reason to try him elsewhere in the team. Let's hope Marshall gets some confidence from his goal. To me Wellens is going backwards and not forwards so maybe Mills was right about the Mancunian mafia.

Talking of defence, they were very poor with even Kaspar looking bad. Maybe Mills should stop being the NP whipping boy. Very poor defending at corners.

I think 3 - 2 or 4 - 2 was about right and the away fans were excellent. :)

Mills certainly wouldn't have helped us in the aerial department, he is woeful in the air.

I love Kasper, really love him, but he was poor yesterday.

For at least three of their goals it looked like he couldn't be bothered to try and save them.

Mills certainly wouldn't have helped us in the aerial department, he is woeful in the air.

He does know how to stay in his position though. Bamba was everywhere apart from in the centre of defence. I felt sorry for Morgan as he was constantly having to cover for Bamba as he wandered off in search of the ball. At least 2 of their goals Bamba wasnt even in the box when they scored.

I'm not saying Mills should be playing, if he has stepped over the line then he is rightly being kept out of the team. However, Bamba is definitely the answer, I am still not 100% about Morgan. St Ledger seems to have been the only player with some form of late and now he is at right back!

I love Kasper, really love him, but he was poor yesterday. For at least three of their goals it looked like he couldn't be bothered to try and save them.

I think he was very easily wrong footed for the goals you're thinking of.

He does know how to stay in his position though. Bamba was everywhere apart from in the centre of defence. I felt sorry for Morgan as he was constantly having to cover for Bamba as he wandered off in search of the ball. At least 2 of their goals Bamba wasnt even in the box when they scored.

I'm not saying Mills should be playing, if he has stepped over the line then he is rightly being kept out of the team. However, Bamba is definitely the answer, I am still not 100% about Morgan. St Ledger seems to have been the only player with some form of late and now he is at right back!

I'm assuming you meant to write Bamba is definitely NOT the answer?

Longer term I still think Mills and St Ledger will be the best partnership with Morgan filling in whenever one of those two is unavailable.

If, as reported, Bamba played nearly all his African cup games at right back, why doesn't Nigel try him there? Peltier is not in very good form at the moment.

Last edited:
If, as reported, Bamba played nearly all his African cup games at right back

He didn't, and even if he did he was playing against sub standard players, we don't play Chelsea every week FFS!!!

I cant believe people are slagging the defence off when we decided to play 30 feet further up the pitch that we should have from the first whistle, we were shit in the air all game but i can guarantee we would have been worse with Mills there.

He didn't, and even if he did he was playing against sub standard players, we don't play Chelsea every week FFS!!!

I cant believe people are slagging the defence off when we decided to play 30 feet further up the pitch that we should have from the first whistle, we were shit in the air all game but i can guarantee we would have been worse with Mills there.

And who were the players 30 feet further up? Not that Mills would be better, but Bamba decided to stay tight on Torres that many times on the halfway line it was unbelievable

We talk about having the odd quick player like Dyer to trouble a defence, but it was quite clear that all the Chelsea players are quick! Our defence was not a shambles, they were simply overrun by hordes of blue shirts simply sprinting/passing by our midfield.

I agree though that Schmeichel looked as though he should have at least got a hand or foot to a couple of the goals.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but was anyone else not pissed off with Beckford's reaction after scoring?!

If he (or Dyer) had grabbed the ball and run back to the half way line it would have shown at least a little desire to get back into the match, as opposed to the 'I've just scored on TV against a big team' celebration.

He [Mills] does know how to stay in his position though. Bamba was everywhere apart from in the centre of defence. I felt sorry for Morgan as he was constantly having to cover for Bamba as he wandered off in search of the ball.

What have I been saying for months? To partner Bamba is an unenviable task.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but was anyone else not pissed off with Beckford's reaction after scoring?!

If he (or Dyer) had grabbed the ball and run back to the half way line it would have shown at least a little desire to get back into the match, as opposed to the 'I've just scored on TV against a big team' celebration.

No, not at all. He wanted to show his appreciation to the away fans and gave credit to Danns. The guy really cannot win with some people. I had an argument with the twat sat behind me on Sunday because every time one of our midfielders booted the ball into no-mans land, he blamed Beckford for not being there.

The former Leicester City striker Alan Young was having a go at him last night, saying that Torres is a proper striker because he runs the length of the pitch to get back and help his full back and defend whereas Beckford doesn't do much running at all. I think Mr Young's eyesight is starting to fail him in his advancing years.

We talk about having the odd quick player like Dyer to trouble a defence, but it was quite clear that all the Chelsea players are quick! Our defence was not a shambles, they were simply overrun by hordes of blue shirts simply sprinting/passing by our midfield.

I agree though that Schmeichel looked as though he should have at least got a hand or foot to a couple of the goals.

Agreed.

Basically, a top Premier League side like Chelsea are going to be more skilful, stronger and faster than us and unless they failed to turn up we were going to get stuffed as I expected. This was a seriously bad cup draw for us and once the Chelsea players had got rid of their manager and decided to put in a shift the best we could hope for was a good day out for our fans.

No, not at all. He wanted to show his appreciation to the away fans and gave credit to Danns. The guy really cannot win with some people. I had an argument with the twat sat behind me on Sunday because every time one of our midfielders booted the ball into no-mans land, he blamed Beckford for not being there.

Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670