Match Thread Chelsea (A) FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on Schlupp and Hopper at HT, may as well give them a go.

Last edited:
Borderline stupid to play 442 against these.

Birmingham managed a draw through a compact 442. No matter what formation we'd attempted today there'd be those moaning about it.

We've come and are having a go and, as such, there's no complaints from me.

Easy to say that now.

If we'd gone 4-5-1 or something and it was going the same way, people would be criticising us using an untested system and being too defensive, inviting them onto us.

Don't forget they're 5th in the Premier League...

It's even easier to say that it wouldn't matter what formation we put out today.

Birmingham managed a draw through a compact 442. No matter what formation we'd attempted today there'd be those moaning about it.

We've come and are having a go and, as such, there's no complaints from me.

Completely with you.

It's the back 4 that's been the problem, not how many midfielders or attackers we're playing.

The back 4 has been all over the place.

I was unhappy with the formation as soon as I saw it.

Too lightweight in midfield, especially with them playing 3 in the middle.

Call it revisionist if you want, but playing with 2 out and out wingers against these is madness.

I was unhappy with the formation as soon as I saw it.

Too lightweight in midfield, especially with them playing 3 in the middle.

Call it revisionist if you want, but playing with 2 out and out wingers against these is madness.

Never mind, I'm sure there'll be something else for you to moan about in the second half.

Danns the only player looking lively.

Never mind, I'm sure there'll be something else for you to moan about in the second half.

Yeah. That's entirely my goal, to have a moan. Obviously I'm so well known for that. You really are a pompous arse sometimes.

I notice Pearson is now playing 451 with Gallagher in the middle and Nugent on the left. It's helped, we've looked a lot better. Has allowed Danns to get forward more and Wellens sitting in.

Too many players standing around not doing much. Effort is increadibily poor. SSL is not a right back and looks like he has forgotten how to play football. They look very badly prepared for this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669