chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back about 3.30 last night. Great game, good fighting performance. Plenty of passion and desire.
Reading through the thread the critism seems to come from ar****les who didn't go.
Ok we lost in the final minute, but the lads did us proud. Foxes fans were amazing and drowned out the Chelsea jetset easily.
Looking forward to the next game. 5 goals in 2 matches says a lot when you look back the s**t of the previous 9.
Well done lads and all the fans who gave their amazing support on the night.

:038::038::038::038::038:

At the game in the Chelsea end, Not happy with defeat but disappointed. Proud of the performance, just hope that they can do that on Saturday.

Thoughts on the team:-

Fulop - Great performance. We really need to sign this guy. Made 2 great saves in the second half to keep us in it.
Stearman - Steady, but this is a weakness in the team. Performed manfully but he is lacking the ability to be a wing back. Maybe when we have some of the midfield back, Chambers can revert to this position instead.
McAuley - Apart from a sloppy backpass in the first half that would have cost us a goal if it weren't for Shevchenko's bad finish, was very good. Good run for the goal.
Kisnorbo - Solid as a Rock. Simple as.
N'Gotty - Mostly marked Shevchenko, and did it out of the game. As above.
Sheehan - Very good going forward, though suffered in the 5-3-2 with a lack of protection in the other direction.
Newton - OK considering that central midfield was effectively 2 right backs and a right winger. Should be used as the attacking part of midfield, but unable to do this much last night. Tackled well.
Chambers - Was surprisingly good in this position. Did the headless chicken part of the 3 man midfield well. Passing was occasionally poor, but cannot be faulted as this is not his usual position.
Kenton - Strong as the defensive midfielder in the 3. Wouldn't like to see him play this position more often though as we need central midfielders and desperately.
Fryatt - Did a lot of running and also crossed well for the first goal. I fear he is lacking a bit of pace to be truly effective though.
Cort - Superb. Battled all night with both central defenders and held the ball and won a high percentage of headers. Showed signs of a partnership with DJ when he came on. A huge plus on the night, more of the same in the championship and he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. But is dogged by the usual problems of fitness so it may be a flash in the pan performance. I hope not though.

Subs:-

Porter - First pass rubbish. Much better after that but so unluckly with his injury.
Campbell - Looked good when he came on. Apart from one misunderstanding with Cort, looked like he could do the job needed for us.
Maybury - Came on for Porter, but offered little. Not saying he was rubbish as he was out of position and he was on very late having not been near the first team. Difficult to judge him on this.

Chelsea fans are mainly a pain in the backside and the ones around me were no different (Apart from My Mate who was more level headed). Hated having to keep a little quiet when our second and third went in.

Can I just add that throwing on substitutes such as Essien and Kalou (Playing 3 up top) in the final 10 minutes helped Chelsea, especially when you consider we threw on Maybury! Although Shevchenko's goal was excellent and there was little we could do about it.

Winner was conceded with us trying to win the game. Some may consider this stupid, I consider it refreshing after the dirge we have seen recently.

Can I also add that I was so envious of those of you in the away end, and I would have given anything to have been in there with you boys and girls. You really were the ones that did us proud!

Last edited:
At both end of the scales, agreed (again!, worryingly) :)

Its reminds me of the MA appointment if you aren't jumping up and down with excitement then you are a Negative fecker.You could acknowledge it was a good performance but be slightly wary that it will revert to type on Saturday and need a little more evidence that the corner is being turned.People who went are bound to feel more emotional about it than those who didn't/can't thats part and parcel of going to football matches but on the other hand those didn't/can't go may look at it will a slightly less emotional point of view and with more cynical eyes...both are right in my opinion

Last edited:
E-mail form the club today :038::038::038:

On behalf of everyone at Leicester City Football Club, we would like to thank you for your unbelievable support last night at Stamford Bridge. Whilst it was so disappointing to lose out in the final few minutes, as a Club we are incredibly proud of our supporters. Your backing was simply immense.

As a Club, we now focus on our two forthcoming away games, at Colchester on Saturday evening and at Preston next Tuesday, and then we will be turning our intentions to our next home game against Burnley on Saturday November 10th. Over 24,000 attended our game against Barnsley last weekend and your support was hugely influential in the outcome of that game. If we can exceed that figure again against Burnley, it will undoubtedly be a huge lift to the players.

At the game in the Chelsea end, Not happy with defeat but disappointed. Proud of the performance, just hope that they can do that on Saturday.

Thoughts on the team:-

Fulop - Great performance. We really need to sign this guy. Made 2 great saves in the second half to keep us in it.
Stearman - Steady, but this is a weakness in the team. Performed manfully but he is lacking the ability to be a wing back. Maybe when we have some of the midfield back, Chambers can revert to this position instead.
McAuley - Apart from a sloppy backpass in the first half that would have cost us a goal if it weren't for Shevchenko's bad finish, was very good. Good run for the goal.
Kisnorbo - Solid as a Rock. Simple as.
N'Gotty - Mostly marked Shevchenko, and did it out of the game. As above.
Sheehan - Very good going forward, though suffered in the 5-3-2 with a lack of protection in the other direction.
Newton - OK considering that central midfield was effectively 2 right backs and a right winger. Should be used as the attacking part of midfield, but unable to do this much last night. Tackled well.
Chambers - Was surprisingly good in this position. Did the headless chicken part of the 3 man midfield well. Passing was occasionally poor, but cannot be faulted as this is not his usual position.
Kenton - Strong as the defensive midfielder in the 3. Wouldn't like to see him play this position more often though as we need central midfielders and desperately.
Fryatt - Did a lot of running and also crossed well for the first goal. I fear he is lacking a bit of pace to be truly effective though.
Cort - Superb. Battled all night with both central defenders and held the ball and won a high percentage of headers. Showed signs of a partnership with DJ when he came on. A huge plus on the night, more of the same in the championship and he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. But is dogged by the usual problems of fitness so it may be a flash in the pan performance. I hope not though.

Subs:-

Porter - First pass rubbish. Much better after that but so unluckly with his injury.
Campbell - Looked good when he came on. Apart from one misunderstanding with Cort, looked like he could do the job needed for us.
Maybury - Came on for Porter, but offered little. Not saying he was rubbish as he was out of position and he was on very late having not been near the first team. Difficult to judge him on this.

Chelsea fans are mainly a pain in the backside and the ones around me were no different (Apart from My Mate who was more level headed). Hated having to keep a little quiet when our second and third went in.

Can I just add that throwing on substitutes such as Essien and Kalou (Playing 3 up top) in the final 10 minutes helped Chelsea, especially when you consider we threw on Maybury! Although Shevchenko's goal was excellent and there was little we could do about it.

Winner was conceded with us trying to win the game. Some may consider this stupid, I consider it refreshing after the dirge we have seen recently.

Can I also add that I was so envious of those of you in the away end, and I would have given anything to have been in there with you boys and girls. You really were the ones that did us proud!

you made the game thats just as good mate :038::038::038::038::038:

I was sitting in the top right of the city fans had all these Chelsea fans giving it the all at us lol. I just cannot believe it!
2 goals from then in 5 mins argghhh. Well if we can do that against Chelsea surely we should be a prem team, Chelsea have not conceeded that many goals at home for ages.

Fulop - outstanding, kept us in it.
Kisnorbo - was solid.
N'gotty - stayed on Shevchencock most of the night.
McAuley - Great run for the goal, looked steady.
Chambers - made some suberb interceptions and i liked him in that position.
Stearman - crap.
Kenton - made some good tackles, not the best game.
Sheehan - look good at pushing forward.
Newton - thought he has a much better game than usual.
Fryatt - Made some great runs and cross for the goal, still lacking pace.
Cort - Excellent at holding the ball up, laying it to fryatt and tackling also.

Campbell - Worked very well up front with Cort, and good head for the goal.
Porter - Superb chip for DJ's goal, made some great runs, he livens up the game, should play him much more.
Maybury - Haha what can i say? Slow but made one crucial tackle which went out for a corner which eventually ended up in the net.

GREAT PERFORMANCE LADS WELL DONE!!!:038::038::038::038::icon_wink

Last edited:
Got back about 3.30 last night. Great game, good fighting performance. Plenty of passion and desire.
Reading through the thread the critism seems to come from ar****les who didn't go.
Ok we lost in the final minute, but the lads did us proud. Foxes fans were amazing and drowned out the Chelsea jetset easily.
Looking forward to the next game. 5 goals in 2 matches says a lot when you look back the s**t of the previous 9.
Well done lads and all the fans who gave their amazing support on the night.

What a wanker, so you are saying if you didn't go then we have no opinion.

so we can expect you to be at Preston next week, on a cold dark Tuesday night, or do you only go to the big games?

What a wanker, so you are saying if you didn't go then we have no opinion.

so we can expect you to be at Preston next week, on a cold dark Tuesday night, or do you only go to the big games?

He didn't say everyone who didn't go

Just the arseholes.......

6500 to Chelsea, and less than 800 to Preston, now that tells a story.
Not a very good one though - try telling that story to my kids at bedtime and see what grief you'd get...no monsters, no aliens and no naughty kids getting one over their parents.

There would be bedtime anarchy - is that what you want? Bedtime anarchy? Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00