Cheltenham (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

We will rip them apart i am going for a 4-0 or more, we cannot let Elvis even take a shot, Milan should bar Allen from anywhere near the stadium.

Last edited:

Hector

Were going to lose this. I can sense it. Bad Home Form, there bottom of the league making it even more pressure to win, and an ex-manager who will be desperate to beat us.

****!

One home defeat, and more home points than any other team in the division. We could do with "bad home form" like that every season!

homer

One home defeat, and more home points than any other team in the division. We could do with "bad home form" like that every season!

We have played the combined might of Brighton, Oldham, Swindon and Stockport at home and stumbled our way to a feeble four points

In this League of sheer unadulterated mediocrity, that is 'bad home form' however you wish to look at it

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Hector

We have played the combined might of Brighton, Oldham, Swindon and Stockport at home and stumbled our way to a feeble four points

In this League of sheer unadulterated mediocrity, that is 'bad home form' however you wish to look at it

I don't agree. None of those matches were lost. Two of the teams are well up in the league, and Stockport and Brighton are teams with much better away than home form. I'm not suggesting our home form is great, but its steady enough.

Scodger Cubs

Alternatively you could say we're up against the worst team in the League, a club that's on the brink of financial collapse, a side that is now forced to rely on Elvis feckin' Hammond FFS, with a manager that is a complete and utter prick

I demand a win by at least two goals

He did score 2 last night...i reckon 3-0 Cheltenham win with Elvis hat-trick :icon_wink

Graz

----------------Stockdale

--------Morrison---Hobbs---Brown

Gilbert--------------------------------Mattock

--------------Oakley-----King

------Fryatt---------------------Gradel

------------------Howard

BENCH: Pentney, Cleverley, Powell, Dyer, Hayles

5-2-3 though? Errmm... I think there's a reason teams don't play that formation ;) Although I think we actually did a few times under Megson (as well as 6-1-3 and a 5-0-4 I think!)

Graz

Interesting point a few people have made about Dyer... his poor form probably has coincided with being our only out and out winger.

I'd go for:

Stockdale
Gilbert, Hobbs, Brown, Mattock
Gradel, Oakley, King/Cleverley/Berner, Dyer
Howard, Fryatt

People have said that Oakley and King doesn't give us enough bite in midfield... but we're against Cheltenham, do we really need it? Could probably start with 4 more attack minded midfielders. If not, then Cleverley or Berner a go, and let King have a rest.

City Fan

5-2-3 though? Errmm... I think there's a reason teams don't play that formation ;) Although I think we actually did a few times under Megson (as well as 6-1-3 and a 5-0-4 I think!)

It's a 5-4-1 when defending and a 3-4-3 when attacking.

FIF

6-1 to us.

I think Cheltenham are going to attack and that will alow us to play up to our potential.

David Gwilliam

Cheltenham is a lovely town and normally I have an affection for teams like them, Yeovil and Wigan that have risen from non-league. However, I would really love us to beat them comprehensively - not just because I support Leicester. Whatever possessed them to appoint Martin Allen. Did they even ask Milan about him?

pipes

He took a free-kick - that was it.

Some absurd chat going on on FT about Gradel:

-Been told by NP he's too good for League 1 and that's why he's not been played.

-Apparantly only got brought on at stadium:MK to keep him happy.

-Mandaric will let him go if offered £2m+

Source is knowitall who is usually extremely reliable

:102:

Yorkshire Vixen

-Been told by NP he's too good for League 1 and that's why he's not been played.

dont really agree on the first 2 points although the last one if we got an offer like that - then yeah he can go :):)

lazzer

:icon_lol: So NP gets a right touch of a bonus if we go up to the fizzy not mention a promotion n his CV. He has Sonic in his squad and feels he is the best player in League 1 and also feels he is far too good for the division we are in so he doesnt play him. :icon_lol:err monster munch

Spanky Fox

1) I don't think at one moment would not play a player in a lower league if he is too good for the league, that is bollocks. If he is that good he would be playing every game

2) NP would not put a player on to keep him happy, he plays player that deserve to be there, players that will do something to mix things up. we were losing 2-1 and needed more attacking options, needed to create something hence he came on cause he has the pace and can dribble, create things.

Knowitall is reliable with 90% of things i do feel he may have got this one wrong

pipes

:icon_lol: So NP gets a right touch of a bonus if we go up to the fizzy not mention a promotion n his CV. He has Sonic in his squad and feels he is the best player in League 1 and also feels he is far too good for the division we are in so he doesnt play him. :icon_lol:err monster munch

One take on it is that they don't want to play Gradel because then they will lose him to a bigger club in the summer, and want to save him for the Championship

I'm struggling to understand/believe it though

homer

One take on it is that they don't want to play Gradel because then they will lose him to a bigger club in the summer, and want to save him for the Championship

I'm struggling to understand/believe it though

As he has yet to demonstrate that he's even good enough for this level, I would suspect that your struggle is fully justified

Some feckers on there are also saying that we should re-sign Hume
You couldn't make it up

Pickled Onion flavour

pipes

As he has yet to demonstrate that he's even good enough for this level, I would suspect that your struggle is fully justified

Some feckers on there are also saying that we should re-sign Hume
You couldn't make it up

Pickled Onion flavour

:icon_lol:

Given the choice between him and Fryatt, I wouldn't even hesitate. Hume everyday. He's 10x the player Fryatt is and he would've scored more than Fryatt now I believe.

:081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670