Cheltenham (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same Ian, blast it into Row Z 9 times out of 10, Huuuuuuume, that used to make me swear at matches in frustration!

Just a word of warning to anyone intending to park up pre- match. The Egg Chasers are at home and bullying off at 2.45pm. So expect the roads to be Range Rovered up when you get there ,along with a distantly familiar odour of wax. :icon_wink

Just a word of warning to anyone intending to park up pre- match. The Egg Chasers are at home and bullying off at 2.45pm. So expect the roads to be Range Rovered up when you get there ,along with a distantly familiar odour of wax. :icon_wink

MK watching the game as well

Last edited:
Some absurd chat going on on FT about Gradel:

-Been told by NP he's too good for League 1 and that's why he's not been played.

-Apparantly only got brought on at stadium:MK to keep him happy.

-Mandaric will let him go if offered £2m+

Source is knowitall who is usually extremely reliable

:102:

Surely this is a typo - It would make a lot of more sense if Gradel thought that he was too good for League 1, not NP. Thus being a big headed tit and not getting in the team.

It would also mean point 2 making a lot more sense.

I think if 2+ million was offered for almost any member of the squad he'd take it.

I we fail to beat these then we do not deserve to go up. I will go for a 2-0 win and if we do not win then there is no way we will survive in the championship next year although i dont think we will stay up next year unless we sign a few good players.

I we fail to beat these then we do not deserve to go up. I will go for a 2-0 win and if we do not win then there is no way we will survive in the championship next year although i dont think we will stay up next year unless we sign a few good players.

I agree. If we don't win this match there is absolutely no way this team will survive in the championship.

:icon_roll

EDIT: Just realised peoples scarcism meter might not be turn on. Please turn on before reading this post.

Last edited:
Ye that came across wrong. I am trying to say that if dont win games like this then what hope have we got next year when we are playing West Brom and teams like that.

Howard and King looked absolutley knackered on tuesday, i'd give them both a rest.

Stockdale

Gilbert
Hobbs
Brown
Mattock

Gradel
Oakley
Berner
Dyer

Fryatt
Hayles

So would i. However it really worries me when i look around at our team like on tuesday night and see about two players who are capable of playing in the championship. If we sign lots of players then it will be like last year with allen they will take time to gel and then they will end up taking us back down. Also i thought people were saying is good to go down as we can build a team and go up to the championship with a young hungry team well how is this working at the minue when half our team is loanees who will not even be here next season. It really worries me that if we go up this year then we will just come straight back down next year.

3 -0 to Leicester, no slip ups, no change in formation or personnel (unless injured or suspended of course!).

I think some on here worry whether the sun is going to come up tomorrow.

Don't suppose MA2 will come out onto the pitch like the Watford game that never happened to milk the adulation from the few remaining mongies that still hanker after him?

Cheltenham 11/1 to win outright & 22/1 to win 1-0 with Skybet
if only the bookies had watched our last 4 home games.............

Gotta be worth a silly fiver?

The Script is already written, Martin Allen returns to his old club with a team & club seriously in the shite, Elvis Hammond gets a start, our unbeaten record is on the line and nobody gives Cheltenham a sniff of getting anything but a tonking...............
If there was ever a time that we didn't want this record 22 unbeaten to come to an end it would be tomorrow.

If we do lose, think of the boost it would give to MK & Peterboro' - it would be like dropping six points & not three.
Get prepared for another shakey performance put in tomorrow.

Last edited:
Cheltenham 11/1 to win outright & 22/1 to win 1-0 with Skybet
if only the bookies had watched our last 4 home games.............

Gotta be worth a silly fiver?

The Script is already written, Martin Allen returns to his old club with a team & club seriously in the shite, Elvis Hammond gets a start, our unbeaten record is on the line and nobody gives Cheltenham a sniff of getting anything but a tonking...............
If there was ever a time that we didn't want this record 22 unbeaten to come to an end it would be tomorrow.

If we do lose, think of the boost it would give to MK & Peterboro' - it would be like dropping six points & not three.
Get prepared for another shakey performance put in tomorrow.

I'm glad your not giving tomorrows team talk:icon_wink

So would i. However it really worries me when i look around at our team like on tuesday night and see about two players who are capable of playing in the championship. If we sign lots of players then it will be like last year with allen they will take time to gel and then they will end up taking us back down. Also i thought people were saying is good to go down as we can build a team and go up to the championship with a young hungry team well how is this working at the minue when half our team is loanees who will not even be here next season. It really worries me that if we go up this year then we will just come straight back down next year.

I think that it is very difficult to "build a team" as you put it these days. The way that clubs at lower league levels operate has changed from the days when you could systematically build up a young team etc.

All Pearson can do is use the additional spending power that we have relative to other clubs in this division and get us promoted. He's well on the way to achieving that.

It's very probable that without the loanees we would struggle when promoted - but that is a new ball game and how we get on will be mainly down to how much Mandaric is prepared to spend on a new batch of loanees next season.

weather has a lot do with it.

force 12 tomorrow-10 foot of snow..and the team hoping cheltenham ladies college show up.

result abandoned after 30 seconds due to panic

and filbert gets whacked by the quorn hunt

..its all a joke right.. how can a team top of the league even dream of not getting a result against the bottom team of the league.

Last edited:
weather has a lot do with it.

..its all a joke right.. how can a team top of the league even dream of not getting a result against the bottom team of the league.

Scunthorpe were the early pacesetters and were top of the league until mid-November.

Mid January they lost at home to bottom of the table Crewe.

Course that won't happen to us. It's not like there is an omen of a really pissed off sacked ex-manager coming back, or a really pissed off ex-striker coming back, is there?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some miserable ***** on here, all doom and gloom, even though we top the pile by a country mile.

We are playing Cheltenham today FFS! The team at the bottom. Ok that ****wit MA2 is manager, but I don't think they were bottom when he took over, so he isn't doing a very good job there is he? He is about to face the very best team in Div 1 at their gaff in front of a crowd they only dream of. They are going to be slaughtered lambs! At least 3-0 if we ease off after the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669