Cheltenham Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeming as Clem is dogshit I would most certainly keep it how it is.

That's the sytem I use. If a player does his job, nothing more, nothing less, I'll give him a 5.

If a striker doesn't score, he'll get marked down. If he misses lots of chances he'll get marked down further. If he doesn't score but has to do a lot of work in midfield because they are poor, I'll probably mark him up.

Seems some people mark a striker highly just for having the ball a lot.

From what I have heard on the radio the last few games King has sounded really good and peoples ratings seem harsh, but they I wasn't there so can't really comment.

I don't agree, King is our poorest player currently. He has a decent right foot and nearly scored again yesterday from outside the box. That apart I don't rate him at all.

Funny old game init? I think Andy King looks better and better...Really promising p[layer developing there for me.

On a scale of 0 to 10, 5 is in the middle. 6 is above average.

But it seems that people will give a player 6 just for making it onto the pitch.

Yes, I think it has to do with Championship Manager/Football Manager where 6 is middle (if you're on the pitch for five seconds then you get a 6). So I think many ratings are based on that.

Yes, I think it has to do with Championship Manager/Football Manager where 6 is middle (if you're on the pitch for five seconds then you get a 6). So I think many ratings are based on that.

and mine, 5 is below par to me

From what I have heard on the radio the last few games King has sounded really good and peoples ratings seem harsh, but they I wasn't there so can't really comment.

Too weak in the tackle (which will start to tell when the pitches get heavier), disappears for long spells of the game, likes passing square a lot.

Last edited:
In a team that is winning as easily as we seem to be at the minute, I don't think there can be any players playing badly.

I don't agree, King is our poorest player currently. He has a decent right foot and nearly scored again yesterday from outside the box. That apart I don't rate him at all.

I have been saying this for a while now. King is very poor. It's only because we are doing well his inability is not being highlighted. Most of his passes go astray and he goes missing for long periods.

This is brilliant!!!!!

We are now good enough to debate if we have any shit players, and if so who's the shittest.

Much better than last season when we lording Iain Hume for scoring once in every 97 shots.

Interestingly Hume scored at the weekend and it was commented on that he looked a better player playing on the wing! Who would have thought :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670