Chris Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
My manner is what my manner is; I can't change it just to suit.

My remarks were made in response to a particular comment by Brauny Blue and related to the fact that I believe that MON's managership was only good for us in the short term. I note that you have still not denied that there was a progression along the lines I quoted. If you want to suggest that I was inferring that MON was the cause of us going into administration, that is a matter for you. What I have written since should make it clear that I think there was a variety of causes - and there are others which I have not mentioned.

I do believe however that the board pre-the Donington Park showdown held a tighter rein than the one that was formed after it. I do believe that that board would have not give PT the amount of latitude to spend, spend, spend. I do believe that with that board we would not have reached the position where we had to go into administration. MON and his methods started the process that got rid of that board.

In a sense what I am saying is that MON became bigger than the Club and in the long-term, I believe that was not of service to the Club. In years to come, it may be seen that CL's rebuilding has a longer-lasting effect than did MON's few years of glory.

I'm sorry that you feel that I will not discuss this to a conclusion; I have difficulty in knowing what you would like the conclusion to be. Please continue to debate or not - as you choose.

did point 1 lead to point 6 ....yes or no?

lazzer said:
did point 1 lead to point 6 ....yes or no?

Have you answered my 6 much simpler questions yet?

Last edited:
LiverpoolFox said:
Erm, might not be the best time to introduce myself :frown:

No. Come in. Sit down. I've got to go out in a minute and Lazzer might need somebody to argue with.
:icon_wink

Hi! Liverpool fox - please don't think this is all about certain contributors to this forum flirting all the time!:039:

ta, i have yet to assign myself an allegiance:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670