Chris Weale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City have made Bristol City goalkeeper Chris Weale their fourth signing of the summer. The 27-year-old has been on City boss Nigel Pearson’s radar for some time and has signed a pre-contract agreement with the Foxes to Pearson’s delight.

“Chris is a player who we have monitored and has been on our wish list for quite a while now. He has had limited opportunities at Bristol City and following a successful loan period at Yeovil Town we are delighted to secure his services.”

Weale began his career at Yeovil before sealing a move to Bristol City in 2006 and now sees his future at the Walkers Stadium, with Pearson clearly feeling that his new man has what it takes.

“Chris is desperate to succeed here at Leicester and we believe he has the ability and the mental strength to do just that.”

Chris Weale joins recent signings Jack Hobbs, Wayne Brown and Robbie Neilson in bolstering the ranks at the Walkers Stadium ahead of the forthcoming 2009/10 Coca-Cola Championship campaign.

So he wasn't even first choice at Bristol City?

Is he likely just to be backup though?

None of the keepers brought in on loan last season were first choice at their teams either, so your point is?

To be fair, they were not first choice at Premier League clubs.

Although I can understand a very good keeper being second choice to Adriano Basso.

But the keepers we brought in on loan were at Premiership clubs, not a mid-table Championship club.

Means absolutely feck all.

Means absolutely feck all.

On the whole I would expect a squad Premiership keeper to be better than one from the league below.

Whether that's true in this case I have no idea, I'd never heard of him until the speculation a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure most of us haven't seen him play and it's ridiculous to praise or criticise a player we know nothing about. It won't stop the usual suspects doing it though.

On the whole I would expect a squad Premiership keeper to be better than one from the league below.

Whether that's true in this case I have no idea, I'd never heard of him until the speculation a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure most of us haven't seen him play and it's ridiculous to praise or criticise a player we know nothing about. It won't stop the usual suspects doing it though.

Your first point is shot to bits by Tony Warner. :icon_bigg

I've seen Weale play a lot a few years back and he was a very good keeper. Your last point is spot on. :icon_wink

Which other threads?

Speculation and tomoorow signing imminent.It was more an assumption,sorry if I didn't research it properly before posting,I will consider myself well and truly told off

Speculation and tomoorow signing imminent.It was more an assumption,sorry if I didn't research it properly before posting,I will consider myself well and truly told off

What have you been doing for the past twenty minutes ??

Prioritise FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670