Chris Weale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Nice to see that we are now getting our stories on the 'Championship' page of the BBC website :038:

When is it that we officially move up from L1 ??

1st July is officially the first day of the season, according to people on wikipedia (and we all know how reliable they are :icon_wink) so then, id imagine.

Rasta Maniloe

Is this the keeper that scored for Yeovil??!?!?!? I've always wanted us to sign a keeper whos got a keen eye for goal.

Graz

[youtube]8-Na62jbWvQ[/youtube]

**** me, I love him now... don't care where he came from now ;)

I'll reserve judgement, but considering we're likely to bring in 2 keepers, I think he'll be back up, and one of the ones we had on loan last year (Martin or Stockdale most likely) will sign/be loaned again

Sounds like a bit of a risky signing though, considering he's not featured much for Bristol because of injuries

Last edited:

tedfoxxx

Well up sir! It can't do any harm to have him in, at 27 he is probably in his prime as a keeper. I still expect another to come in though.

Writing him off as 'backup' is bollocks imo. We got through 6 keepers this season, and I for one had expected Henderson to make through an entire season with Martin being a bit part player. I guess what i'm trying to say is, even if people don't think he's a good signing he will undoubtably have a part to play next season.

David Gwilliam

Weale number1, Pentney back up?

Last season our number one goalkeeper was a loan player from a Premiership clun and I would not be surprised if this happens this season as well.
I am glad Pentney has got a mention. He had half a game coming on "cold" and did well. It may be the only first team appearance he gets but he can remember it with pride.

slyfox

Looking at another website,the bristol city fans really rate him....the only reason he aint playing is because basso has been in such good form.

Some go on to say that if it had been that basso had left and weale was put in,then they would be equally happy.

In general we may have a decent keeper on our books.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Don't see why people are being so negative about this signing, he is 27 still young for a goalie and was second choice to a very good goalie in Adriano Basso. Maybe he will be number 1 and I for one don't mind that, never seen him play so I can't really judge him to be honest.

alex

How on earth anyone can be 'gutted' about this signing is totally beyond me.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
You only said Friday you were "gutted" about him signing. What is it to be?

Yeah, I was gutted because I thought that we were going to sign a "big" player e.g Cox so I was dissapointed when it turned out to be Weale, however having thought about it, this is a good signing.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
How is Cox a "bigger" signing than Weale?

More expensive perhaps, but no less important.

Cox costs more so I would see that as being a bigger transfer than a goalie on a free. We need a goalie just as much as a striker so it is important but if we signed someone for a couple of million I would see it as a big signing.

GazLCFC

So when Ronaldos contract is up at Man Utd and he moves to Real Madrid on a free will that not be a big signing for Real.

Just because a player is out of contract doesn't mean it wont be a big signing for someone

jb5000

Cox costs more so I would see that as being a bigger transfer than a goalie on a free. We need a goalie just as much as a striker so it is important but if we signed someone for a couple of million I would see it as a big signing.

Of course, Sol Campbell moving from Spurs to Arsenal on a Bosman was no big thing...

indierich06

So when Ronaldos contract is up at Man Utd and he moves to Real Madrid on a free will that not be a big signing for Real.

Just because a player is out of contract doesn't mean it wont be a big signing for someone

Yeah, because that's exactly what he meant :icon_roll Thanks for stating the obvious though, I personally wouldn't have realised Ronaldo signing for Real on a free would be a big signing.

Plus Harbro's right that at this time Cox would rank as a much bigger signing than Weale.

tedfoxxx

How is Cox a "bigger" signing than Weale?

More expensive perhaps, but no less important.

I'd hazard a guess at Weale being 6'2+. Cox can't be any taller than Paul Dickov. Fnar fnar

GazLCFC

Yeah, because that's exactly what he meant :icon_roll Thanks for stating the obvious though, I personally wouldn't have realised Ronaldo signing for Real on a free would be a big signing.

Plus Harbro's right that at this time Cox would rank as a much bigger signing than Weale.

Calm down dear! :056:

FantasyFox

I've never seen Chris Weale play. I know nothing about Chris Weale. He could be Gianluigi Buffon for all i know. Until I have seen him play a few times I will keep my ignorant fat chops shut. If anyone else knows **** all please feel free to follow my lead and not talk bollocks about how disappointing a signing that you know **** all about is to you.

Does anyone have any spare tampons?

Graz

I've never seen Chris Weale play. I know nothing about Chris Weale. He could be Gianluigi Buffon for all i know. Until I have seen him play a few times I will keep my ignorant fat chops shut. If anyone else knows **** all please feel free to follow my lead and not talk bollocks about how disappointing a signing that you know **** all about is to you.

Does anyone have any spare tampons?

It's all about moon cups now I'm told... Get with the times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669