Injury News Chris Wood out for x weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chris Wood out for 6 weeks

So do we actually know what is wrong with him or how long he may be out for?

Broken arm was whispered around the terraces near me today but hopefully it isn't as bad as that.

From the OS
Striker Chris Wood missed the game through injury, but the manager revealed he is optimistic of a short spell on the sidelines for the New Zealand international.
He added: “He’s picked up an injury and so was unavailable today.
“He just picked up a knock in training. It’s his lower limb, so hopefully he’ll be okay.
“He’s not going to be out for too long, and hopefully he’ll be back very soon.”

You would have thought Futacs might get a small amount of game time with this news, It's a shame he shat in the managers car really.

I suspect stringer was told by the press office. It's only the know-nowts on twitter that have conjured up the six week period.

Whatever the injury is, it doesn't stop him going bowling ...

Chris Wood‏@officialcwood

Nice Cheeky little tgis and bowling. Had been awhile. Lost my game at bowling will have to get it back!

Interesting. What's going on???!!! Tell us the truth Nige FFS!!!

Because we need to know, if we don't know we'll probably explode or have a fit or something, no way should clubs be allowed to hide players medical and fitness history, we buy our tickets so they've got to tell us! Ahem.

Ian Stringer‏@StringerSport

More from Pearson on Chris Wood's injury. 1:30pm Sport, 104.9fm including how long he's likely to be out.

Interesting. What's going on???!!! Tell us the truth Nige FFS!!!

What do you want him to say?

How about.... Pearson on Chris Wood "He has a knock on his knee, not too concerned about it. Hopefully will be available for the next league game".

Last edited:

Why tell us the truth??!! Cos I like to know the truth. Especially about the goings on of my football team

What do you want him to say?

How about.... Pearson on Chris Wood "He has a knock on his knee, not too concerned about it. Hopefully will be available for the next league game".

That would be preferable, yes

Because we need to know, if we don't know we'll probably explode or have a fit or something, no way should clubs be allowed to hide players medical and fitness history, we buy our tickets so they've got to tell us! Ahem.
Oh dear

Hopefully available for next league game according to NP, im unsure when that is with current fixture structure, im guessing Charlton tbc

Why tell us the truth??!! Cos I like to know the truth. Especially about the goings on of my football team

Do you think it's beneficial for us to give the opposition an indication of what the probable line-up is going to be for a given game?

Or maybe a hint of the exact injury for it to be targetted by opposition?

Also, I suspect the club were only able to give an indication once swelling/bruising went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566