Injury News Chris Wood out for x weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why tell us the truth??!! Cos I like to know the truth. Especially about the goings on of my football team

Unless you are betting on him being first scorer way in advance then I can't see any possible way in which you will benefit from knowing. Unless you feel the club owe you something that they don't.

Re: Chris Wood out for 6 weeks

Can't say I can ever recall us being so secretive about an injury before. We don't have a right to know everything but it is to be expected that fans will be wondering what the problem is.

Never really known of it before with other managers but it isn't worth getting worked up about if he's gonna be back for our next important game.

Can't say I can ever recall us being so secretive about an injury before. We don't have a right to know everything but it is to be expected that fans will be wondering what the problem is.

Never really known of it before with other managers but it isn't worth getting worked up about if he's gonna be back for our next important game.

How would you know if other managers weren't revealing information, out of interest?

How would you know if other managers weren't revealing information, out of interest?

It's hardly uncommon to read news reports/articles or hear questions asked post match on injured players, especially when they are key members of the squad and suddenly missing for no apparent reason.

I'm not saying one way or the other is the right way to go about things, just that I've never known us to be so worried about injury information as this.

It's hardly uncommon to read news reports/articles or hear questions asked post match on injured players, especially when they are key members of the squad and suddenly missing for no apparent reason.

I'm not saying one way or the other is the right way to go about things, just that I've never known us to be so worried about injury information as this.

Other than markyp, I don't think anyone is.

Why tell us the truth??!! Cos I like to know the truth. Especially about the goings on of my football team

I understand now, it is your football club and the manager is not telling you about injuries in the squad, that is a terrible way for an employee to treat his employer, why don't you sack him?

I'm not worried, just see possible reasons why. I'd imagine the reality is closer to what Hazz said regarding swelling etc.

Fair enough on the swelling as a workmate had to wait weeks for swelling to go down before the hospital would scan his knee though Pearson could have said that.

I guess he could have just been a bit pissed off after the result as he can come across awkward/stubborn enough at the best of times in interviews it's just I don't buy the theory that revealing the info would give other teams a competitive advantage. If it did then it would suggest we are a bit of a one man team in my opinion as other teams knowing if he's got a problem with his head, shoulder, knee or toe shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

I guess he could have just been a bit pissed off after the result as he can come across awkward/stubborn enough at the best of times in interviews it's just I don't buy the theory that revealing the info would give other teams a competitive advantage. If it did then it would suggest we are a bit of a one man team in my opinion as other teams knowing if he's got a problem with his head, shoulder, knee or toe shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Ferguson does it all the time!

Ferguson does it all the time!

Fergie has also, on countless times, said a player is injured so they do not play mid-week in an International game but they always make a miraculous recovery in order for United's next fixture.

Can't say I can ever recall us being so secretive about an injury before.

Elvis Hammond (ankle).
Levi Porter (mystery ailment requiring the services of Scooby Doo to get to the bottom of).

Elvis Hammond (ankle).
Levi Porter (mystery ailment requiring the services of Scooby Doo to get to the bottom of).

:icon_lol:

I was going to say that clubs tend to be secretive when there are things to cover up bit didn't want to be accused of thinking that was the case here as I highly doubt it is.

Elvis Hammond (ankle).

Julian Joachim (toe)

I have no doubt he'l be fit in time for the play-offs. Relax.

I have no doubt he'l be fit in time for the play-offs. Relax.

Pearson will see that we aren't in play offs, by ensuring a seventh placed finish, starting with a completely inexplicable, ludicrous team selection tonight.

Last edited:

Pearson will see that we aren't in play offs, by ensuring a seventh placed finish, starting with a completely inexplicable, ludicrous team selection tonight.

What kind of selection would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570