Christmas 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just hate the people who just sign their name and don't put who it's to?
tossers
Not as much as those who can't be arsed to write out my sons' names individually (one name of three letters, the other four), instead preferring to label them " & Boys " :mad:

Not as much as those who can't be arsed to write out my sons' names individually (one name of three letters, the other four), instead preferring to label them " & Boys " :mad:
Maybe they're sending a card to you and your 'boys'....and wishing not your sons happy christmas but your norks....:102:

I know you said you're not interested but I can't resist antagonising Christian nutjobs.

Christmas has absolutely **** all to do with religion or Christianity, **** all, zero, nada.

It is the winter solstice and has been celebrated by humanity for millenia, ever since we understood that it meant that days would start getting longer.

So if anybody mentions that bullshit phrase 'the true meaning of Christmas' you can tell them with confidence to **** right off, poor deluded fools that they are.

it has a lot to do with religion...pagan religion :)

it was hijacked, like a lot of things, by Christianity

oh and Santa is red because of Coca Cola

That Santa in the old Coke advert wasn't the first to dress in red & white, that's a bit of an urban myth.

Oh those wacky Dutch people...

sint-pc-wmaster.jpg

That Santa in the old Coke advert wasn't the first to dress in red & white, that's a bit of an urban myth.
For the record, Santa does not exist. Think of him as the 'Watford' of childrens stories. :icon_wink

ive done a fair bit of xmas shopping already i wanna get it all done out the way come december :)

I didn't have time to respond properly this morning, was preparing for my 9:30 :icon_wink, but you're are absolutely right that most of the traditions that are based around Xmas come from the Northern European pagan beliefs , more specifically the lapland shamans who used the red & white fly agaric mushrooms to enter a trance where they would 'fly' with their reindeers, hallucinating of course.
Nice work if you can get it. :icon_bigg

Christianity took all of the pagan festivals that we have 'always' celebrated & stitched on a Christian dimension.
In particular Easter, one of the most important Christian dates in the calender, is the pagan fertility festival. In that case they didn't even bother to change the name, Eastra (sp?) being the pagan Godess of fertility.

Away with the fairies Macky.
Next you'll be telling us that God didn't create the world in seven days....
Your theories are laughable you heretic

Well that all depends on which part of the book of Genesis you choose to believe, it has conflicting accounts of the creation story. :icon_wink

In fact he did it in six and watched Sky Sports on the seventh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48