Christmas 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Christmas.

Not for religion, not really for presents (although they're a nice bonus). I just love getting together with friends/family and getting drunk. Then the usual drunken chats about christams when you were kids etc.

anyone who sends christmas cards in any month except december is a **** in my book

Are people allowed to make them before that though, as long as they don't send them til December 1st...........

I mean, I've been making Christmas Cards since June(not for me though! for Charity)
Started on our cards last week so they'll all be done for end of the month, ready to post/ give to family and friends.

apart from those who are getting ones that are too big or bulky to go through letterboxes of course.

Last edited:
No Cards,No Presents,No Decorations,No cheer.I hate it all brings back bad memories of a bad time in my life and I'll be glad when its over.By all means have a good time but don't make it compulsory for everybody else to and deem them miserable because they don't enjoy it.

Rant Over.

Last edited:
No Cards,No Presents,No Decorations,No cheer.I hate it all brings back bad memories of a bad time in my life and I'll be glad when its over.By all means have a good time but don't make it compulsory for everybody else to and deem them miserable because they don't enjoy it.

Rant Over.

That's it, let it all out.
Now breath.

Rant Over.

im gonna send you a card, that always gets people in the spirit:icon_bigg

Rant Over.

Look, lots of people didn't get a Toy Story Buzz that year. Get over it.

Homemade cards? Yeuch :icon_conf

You crafters are all the same, bleeding tightwads :)

Don't ever say that to Ben, the amount I spend on craft stuff he always tells me off for selling my cards far too cheaply!

And my cards are quite nice actually(if I do say so meself) At the mo I'm making 'exploding boxes' Which aren't quite as violent as they sound!

But they are certainly different to 'normal' cards, The one i've just made is 10cmsx10cmsx10cms in size. Took me an hour to make it mind, but it does look fab!:icon_bigg

But they are certainly different to 'normal' cards, The one i've just made is 10cmsx10cmsx10cms in size. Took me an hour to make it mind, but it does look fab!:icon_bigg

But you can buy 'homemade' cards in normal shops these days for about 99p or less. What's the point of making them yourself :102:

Seriously though BF, I have some experience of crafters partly through sorting out DoCrafts demo days so I know how enthusiastic you lot can be :) And in fairness, some of the cardmakers are really skilled and the end results look superb.

If I got one though it would still end up in the bin after Xmas no matter how much time and effort went into making it :icon_bigg

Over-rated. Celebrated for the wrong reasons; well apart from the gifts like the wise men gave to Jesus. But still interms of everthing else, still for the wrong religious reasons.

But you can buy 'homemade' cards in normal shops these days for about 99p or less. What's the point of making them yourself :102:

Seriously though BF, I have some experience of crafters partly through sorting out DoCrafts demo days so I know how enthusiastic you lot can be :) And in fairness, some of the cardmakers are really skilled and the end results look superb.
If I got one though it would still end up in the bin after Xmas no matter how much time and effort went into making it :icon_bigg

BAH! Bargain cards! Base card printed off and a couple of ribbons/gems stuck on does NOT made a handmade card!

Seriously though, I make a lot of wedding cards because people like it that the cards are personalised for the couple, the last one I did I put a photo of the place they were having the ceremony at(some Hall somewhere) and of course the date and their names. And if poss I try and make it in the colours of the wedding.

I probably spend more money on this now than I do football( in fact one of my Christmas prezzies on my wish list is a Cri-cut Expressions which is only £359.........it's a die-cutting machine and it's FAB!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBy67ZUrxQ[/YOUTUBE]

great ad, definitely should get your cards from there.

Over-rated. Celebrated for the wrong reasons; well apart from the gifts like the wise men gave to Jesus. But still interms of everthing else, still for the wrong religious reasons.

only the gold was any good. Who the **** wants frankincense and myrrh, in fact what are they?

anyway the the 3 wise men were women

You're absolutely right jessel, far too many people celebrate Xmas as a Christian religious festival when it isn't.

We should get back to the true meaning of Xmas, a time when families meet up, exchange crap, but well meaning, presents & celebrate the year passed & the year to come...& then kill each other, probably, but you over indulge & have a good time anyway, well I do anyway **** 'em.

btw, there really is more evidence for the existence of Bigfoot than there is for the existence of Jesus, I know, I went looking for the evidence. There is none outside of the Gospels.
I'm not convinced by the Bigfoot stories either.
That must've been a bit of a pisser for the 3 wise men when they had travelled all that way & had no one to give the pressies to, & then had a big existential quandary to deal with as well.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right jessel, far too many people celebrate Xmas as a Christian religious festival when it isn't.

We should get back to the true meaning of Xmas, a time when families meet up, exchange crap, but well meaning, presents & celebrate the year passed & the year to come...& then kill each other, probably, but you over indulge & have a good time anyway, well I do anyway **** 'em.

btw, there really is more evidence for the existence of Bigfoot than there is for the existence of Jesus, I know, I went looking for the evidence. There is none outside of the Gospels.I'm not convinced by the Bigfoot stories either.
That must've been a bit of a pisser for the 3 wise men when they had travelled all that way & had no one to give the pressies to, & then had a big existential quandary to deal with as well.

There is some Roman who wrote about him. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58