City announce Season Ticket rises for 2024/25

Headline for me is their default move to mobile tickets with supporters able to buy a season ticket card for £25 if they choose.

Brain dead idiocy as usual. Especially as 93% of supporters have specifically chosen to use cards this season.

General point of 5% increase seems fair enough.

Price hike is expected

The mobile ticketing is just ****ing ludicrous

Bunch of ****s

Headline for me is their default move to mobile tickets with supporters able to buy a season ticket card for £25 if they choose.

Brain dead idiocy as usual. Especially as 93% of supporters have specifically chosen to use cards this season.

General point of 5% increase seems fair enough.

Exactly the conversation we all had at the last game. Some guy in front took at least 2 minutes to get through the turnstiles. Doesn’t sound a great deal of time but when a vast percentage of 30,000 are affected similarly then that is significant. Lady in front said “this is exactly why I have a physical card”. Our days of showing a paper ticket to push through a person managed turnstile seem a million years ago. So sad.

“the Club has gathered feedback from supporters, including during sessions with supporter groups and our Fans Consultative Committee.”

Yeah, well done the Foxes Trust

Another glorious success to add to a glittering history of representing the fans

Another bunch of utter ****s

****ing morons. Is the 93% accurate? If so, they haven’t “gathered feedback” , they’ve just seen an opportunity to make even more money from hard working fans. ****ing game isn’t the working persons game anymore. 27 years a season ticket holder but I think I may have had enough.

****ing morons. Is the 93% accurate?

No.

Can I just suggest all those who have an issue with mobile ticketing spend circa 90 seconds to understand how simple and easy it is. Never had a problem with it, works very well.

“Two years since the introduction of optional Mobile Tickets for Season Ticket Holders at King Power Stadium, the Club has gathered feedback from supporters, including during sessions with supporter groups and our Fans Consultative Committee. We have also analysed data from 42 home matchdays in which up to 7,000 attendees per matchday have used Mobile Tickets,“

Only 7,000 per match using mobile tickets. It’s obviously not wanted by the majority.

Is it really that hard? I mean, we all remember teaching their nan how to use the video recorder, and that well.... OH I SEE!

The phrase “gathered feedback” is one of those empty corporate terms. It sounds like it means something because it’s a sequence of words but it actually means nothing at all.

****ing morons. Is the 93% accurate?

1,600 out of 23,000 season ticket holders have the digital phone access. The FT shared those numbers a while back.

They've tried to test it more in cup ties and every one has resulted in huge queues and issues.

1,600 out of 23,000 season ticket holders have the digital phone access. The FT shared those numbers a while back.

They've tried to test it more in cup ties and every one has resulted in huge queues and issues.
The evidence from my own eyes this season and last tells me that this is wrong. Every turnstile I've been through this season, almost everyone has used the phone for entry.

I genuinely can't fathom what your issue is with this.

Just for clarity on how easy this is for a ST holder:
  1. once a season the club will email you your season ticket.
  2. you press the 'add to wallet' button in the email.
  3. when you attend a match you unlock you phone and then touch your phone to the pad.
  4. walk through the turnstile.

The evidence from my own eyes this season and last tells me that this is wrong. Every turnstile I've been through this season, almost everyone has used the phone for entry.

3. when you attend a match you unlock you phone and then touch your phone to the pad.
Difficult to achieve when you are sleepwalking though.

The evidence from my own eyes this season and last tells me that every time someone is delayed by a queue at the turnstile, it's because someone is stuck fiddling about with this.

I have no issue with anyone that wants to use it to do so. I just believe that the technology is not good enough and the bulk of supporters are not ready, willing or able to use it.

The evidence from my own eyes this season and last tells me that every time someone is delayed by a queue at the turnstile, it's because someone is stuck fiddling about with this.

I have no issue with anyone that wants to use it to do so. I just believe that the technology is not good enough and the bulk of supporters are not ready, willing or able to use it.
The technology works absolutely fine.

Forcing people to use it when the blip of an nfc card takes exactly the same time and costs the club pretty much the same is an issue in my opinion.

As a club we will charge supporters for absolutely anything that we can. Let’s say half the season tickets holders buy a card. That is , what, 10,000? So the club makes £250,000 from selling cards.

Not a huge revenue stream and a great way to piss off 10,000 people for no good reason

With a maximum of 7,000 home fans using it according to your (obviously incorrect) numbers, I'm surprised it's caused any kind of an issue at all.

The technology works absolutely fine.

Forcing people to use it when the blip of an nfc card takes exactly the same time and costs the club pretty much the same is an issue in my opinion.

As a club we will charge supporters for absolutely anything that we can. Let’s say half the season tickets holders buy a card. That is , what, 10,000? So the club makes £250,000 from selling cards.

Not a huge revenue stream and a great way to piss off 10,000 people for no good reason
Agree with this. Obviously, it's better that people choose to use it because it's faster and easier to use.

That said, I could well imagine that printing, setting up and posting the card would probably cost about a tenner.

With a maximum of 7,000 home fans using it according to your (obviously incorrect) numbers, I'm surprised it's caused any kind of an issue at all.

Agree with this. Obviously, it's better that people choose to use it because it's faster and easier to use.

That said, I could well imagine that printing, setting up and posting the card would probably cost about a tenner.
I don't understand how getting a phone out, opening the wallet, finding the right option and then using it is any faster than simply getting a car out and holding it in a turnstile, but I can definitely see that it's easier to forget - most people always have their phones on them - and remove the admin of having to print temporary tickets.

My opinion with trying to get people to adopt new technology is always to try the stick before the carrot. How different does this look;

"The club is committed to improving fan experience, so any fan choosing the digital wallet option will receive a £25 discount on their season ticket"?

They don't give a flying **** about the fans. When are people going to get it into their heads.

They want money and they want control over the fanbase.

Nothing that they do is with the fans in mind.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563