Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite Fox

See news below from the Covscum website:

Leicester For Marlon King?
By Covsupport News Service
Updated Tuesday, 26th April 2011

Leicester latest club to be linked to Marlon King
Coventry City striker Marlon King could be off to Leicester City when his contract at the Ricoh Arena expires.

Leicester were one of the clubs initially interested in signing King when he was released from prison last year but King who has become City's top scorer this season opted to join his mate Aidy Boothroyd at the Sky Blues.

King, who missed yesterday's 2-1 defeat at former club Middlesbrough, is believed to be looking for one last big pay day before he retires and Leicester City or Cardiff City who tried to take him on loan are in a financial position to offer him the money he and his advisors would want.

See news below from the Covscum website:

Leicester For Marlon King?
By Covsupport News Service
Updated Tuesday, 26th April 2011

Leicester latest club to be linked to Marlon King
Coventry City striker Marlon King could be off to Leicester City when his contract at the Ricoh Arena expires.

Leicester were one of the clubs initially interested in signing King when he was released from prison last year but King who has become City's top scorer this season opted to join his mate Aidy Boothroyd at the Sky Blues.

King, who missed yesterday's 2-1 defeat at former club Middlesbrough, is believed to be looking for one last big pay day before he retires and Leicester City or Cardiff City who tried to take him on loan are in a financial position to offer him the money he and his advisors would want.

I hope Sven can find better players. :018:

Agreed... not really the image I would like at our club.

Hold on - his signing would assist me in my creation of an all-time LCFC XI of criminals and fully fledged villains and those who have had moments of weakness in financial issues landing them in the courts.

Hold on - his signing would assist me in my creation of an all-time LCFC XI of criminals and fully fledged villains and those who have had moments of weakness in financial issues landing them in the courts.

I can think of Lawrence, Cross and Glover. Who else do you know of?

I hope Sven can find better players. :018:

Frankly I would be astonished if that was the best Sven could do, leaving aside 'the baggage' that I am sure would affect dressing room morale, which seems to be very good at the moment.

Frankly I would be astonished if that was the best Sven could do, leaving aside 'the baggage' that I am sure would affect dressing room morale, which seems to be very good at the moment.

In that vein I hope his signing of Roman Bednar was because nothing else was available. :icon_conf

In that vein I hope his signing of Roman Bednar was because nothing else was available. :icon_conf

At that time probably nothing was. In a summer transfer window there should be loads of out of contract, Prem reserve strikers available though.

If Sven is tempted by psychos, I would rather we had Bad Boy Bellamy than King.

He was the best player on the pitch when covScum came to the walkers... He did miss one opportunity to score but I thought he was excellent - as a footballer. That isn't goin into the whole moral mass-debate!!

Dennis Wise was never convicted of GBH was he. Pity. He'd have made a good signing for that lot.

I imagine our club will be linked with most reasonable out of contract players, no doubt agents will be leaking our name to papers all over the place as a way to drum up interest and secure the best deal possible. Steady at this level, would be surprised if he is anywhere near the top of Sven's wanted list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669