City squad in Slovenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant post, igor :icon_lol:

OY!!! Somebody from Kensal Green might be reading this thread. If they are, I don't fancy your chances of getting from the tube station to the doors of your rat-infested hostel without damage in three weeks time. lol indeed!!

:icon_wink

OY!!! Somebody from Kensal Green might be reading this thread. If they are, I don't fancy your chances of getting from the tube station to the doors of your rat-infested hostel without damage in three weeks time. lol indeed!!

:icon_wink

If we can't walk 20 yards across the street without getting robbed/stabbed/raped, we probably deserve it.
I'm more worried about the plague...

It was just a joke, I had to make it. A joke always contains some severe exaggerations. I know that everybody knows how to make mash potatoes and more or less makes them. I hope noone took it personally, but maybe you don't know it but there is a stereotype in the continental Europe (and Slovenia naturally) about your cooking. I just used the stereotype and twisted the truth. I'm pretty sure you have some stereotypes about us Easterners, in which naturally truth about us is twisted. I don't want to hear any such stereotype, I GET EASILY OFFENDED!

Mmmm.... Eastern European laides......

Ever seen Hostel? I'm only interested in the first half of the film!

Last edited:
You peel the potatoes (not the powder, but the true ones). You put it in water. You add salt. After water boils you leave potatoes boiling for some 20-25 minutes and check if they're soft enough with fork (don't worry with this part, just boil them for 25 minutes). Remove the water (don't spill the water on yourself, it boiling water can harm you!). Add butter or some milk or both (please don't use any butter or milk in powder, but the real stuff,in case you don't know: the butter is compact and milk is liquid). Then mash them. Here you go, you got yourself mash potatoes.

Is it wrong to buy the expensive prepacked mash potato that you stick in the microwave?? I'm not sure if M&S use powder or not?

Yet another joke I don't get. But let me tell you something, you Englishmen are nice guys, you know many things, but you don't have a clue about food. Or cooking. Or cuisine. However you call it. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I simply had to say it.

I heard many legends about English cooking, but never believed it myself. I was in England twice, but I have eaten in "foreign" restaurants, we here don't have exotic cuisine, so when I was in London I had to try everything that big city as London offers, so I ate in Lebanese, Thai, Indian etc. restaurants, never tried anything "English". When my wife was a student she was in England few times, as babysitter with different families, and told me what you Englishmen eat. Never believed her, for me that was just exaggerated stories from some foreign lands.
So, I'm watching this English documentary about parents with anorexic daughter, and how they're trying to help her change. And in this documentary the mother takes some white powder, it mixes it with water and calls it "mash potatoes". I got instantely upset, what's going on here, no wonder this child is anorexic, somebody must stop this monstrous parents. I called my wife and said: "Look, what's going on. They're mixing some powder with water, claiming they're giving the poor child potatoes!" She said: "No, it's normal, in England they use this powder, and call it potatoes. They use other such staff, they don't cook, they use only pre-prepaired meals". I couldn't calm myself: "But this must be stopped! Poor Englishmen! We are all Europeans, this shouldn't be tolerated. I'll start some humanitarian aid, we'll collect potatoes all around Slovenia and send them to England", but she said: "Calm down, they have potatoes, but they just don't know how to use them." But still I wondered: "Does it taste like potatoes? And how do they know it's mash potatoes and not mash carrots or something?" She said: "You don't want to know how it tastes, you'll get upset again. And they recognize mash potatoes from something else because of the colouring".

Anyway, it may not interest the majority of you, but here's the recipe, as we say it "even if you help one person, you help the whole humanity":

You peel the potatoes (not the powder, but the true ones). You put it in water. You add salt. After water boils you leave potatoes boiling for some 20-25 minutes and check if they're soft enough with fork (don't worry with this part, just boil them for 25 minutes). Remove the water (don't spill the water on yourself, it boiling water can harm you!). Add butter or some milk or both (please don't use any butter or milk in powder, but the real stuff,in case you don't know: the butter is compact and milk is liquid). Then mash them. Here you go, you got yourself mash potatoes.

:icon_lol: post of the year for me,

Welcome to the forum.

Just got back form slovenia after my unsuccesful trial pretty devastated really but got to meet the squad played in a game last night set up fryatts goal thanks for your support

Just got back form slovenia after my unsuccesful trial pretty devastated really but got to meet the squad played in a game last night set up fryatts goal thanks for your support

You're as mad as Fludie!

there is a stereotype in the continental Europe (and Slovenia naturally) about your cooking.
Likewise, people over here in the States think that the English only eat food that has been deep fried. But it's not true - only the other day I ate something that was fried in a shallow pan.

Yet another joke I don't get. But let me tell you something, you Englishmen are nice guys, you know many things, but you don't have a clue about food. Or cooking. Or cuisine. However you call it. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I simply had to say it.

I heard many legends about English cooking, but never believed it myself. I was in England twice, but I have eaten in "foreign" restaurants, we here don't have exotic cuisine, so when I was in London I had to try everything that big city as London offers, so I ate in Lebanese, Thai, Indian etc. restaurants, never tried anything "English". When my wife was a student she was in England few times, as babysitter with different families, and told me what you Englishmen eat. Never believed her, for me that was just exaggerated stories from some foreign lands.
So, I'm watching this English documentary about parents with anorexic daughter, and how they're trying to help her change. And in this documentary the mother takes some white powder, it mixes it with water and calls it "mash potatoes". I got instantely upset, what's going on here, no wonder this child is anorexic, somebody must stop this monstrous parents. I called my wife and said: "Look, what's going on. They're mixing some powder with water, claiming they're giving the poor child potatoes!" She said: "No, it's normal, in England they use this powder, and call it potatoes. They use other such staff, they don't cook, they use only pre-prepaired meals". I couldn't calm myself: "But this must be stopped! Poor Englishmen! We are all Europeans, this shouldn't be tolerated. I'll start some humanitarian aid, we'll collect potatoes all around Slovenia and send them to England", but she said: "Calm down, they have potatoes, but they just don't know how to use them." But still I wondered: "Does it taste like potatoes? And how do they know it's mash potatoes and not mash carrots or something?" She said: "You don't want to know how it tastes, you'll get upset again. And they recognize mash potatoes from something else because of the colouring".

Anyway, it may not interest the majority of you, but here's the recipe, as we say it "even if you help one person, you help the whole humanity":

Hi Igor, you should try real English food - Pot Noodles!

Unsuccessful from whose point of view? prosecution or defence?

:icon_lol: post of the year for me,

I must admit that's the first post which went over five lines I carried on reading. Igor is TB legend, fancy a game for TBFC Igor? Or maybe TBFC could on tour to Slovenia and play your boys, the Green Dragons. His description of an English centre-half for myself was bang on.

Rascism. Dress it up how you like. It's rascism. If he called me a cotton picking, rubber lipped, nigger there would be a right hoohar.

But call an entire countrys inhabitants instant mash eating, anorexics and we're all slapping him on the back.

It's people like you, Igor, that invented Gulags. And while we're on it, instant mash is made up of powdered potato....real potato. I bet you backwards lot still have to buy milk as a fluid. You can get it as a powder too you know. Easier to transport, no spillage, lasts forever. There are people starving in Africa (a place across many miles from you, do you have maps?).

Igor, I forgive your ignorance and love you like a down syndrome brother. :056:

Last edited:
Likewise, people over here in the States think that the English only eat food that has been deep fried. But it's not true - only the other day I ate something that was fried in a shallow pan.

Americans say that? the kings of fast food?

Americans either eat like pigs or are fitness fanatics...no middle ground here in the U.S of A.

Last edited:
Americans either eat like pigs or are fitness fanatics...no middle ground here in the U.S of A.

I'm not sure if I totally agree but I certainly get your point mate... Nice to see the American contingent on here growing

Yep, I sure could have picked a ton of worse places to live... like Blaby or Hinckley :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669