Pre Match City v Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Peterborough fans claim that they have improved defensively but they've been dreadful at the back for some time now and don't appear to have strengthened particularly over the summer in that department. Of course they are no pushovers but I think we have the quality to overrun them.

It's nice that there is competition for places going forward but I'd expect to see Nugent come back into the side at the expense of Beckford. A good start would be brilliant, although at the same time I've given up being too confident in this division.

But fuck it, we'll do them.

Last edited:
Was he the bloke that injected his players with bull or gorilla sperm or something bizzare, as an early kind of steroid to boost performances?

I never heard of that with Cullis. I believe you are thinking of Major Frank Buckley who was Cullis predecessor at Wolves and was supposed to have had the players injected with monkey glands. I don't think injections would have made them any tougher. Cullis team included Eddie Clamp who was the most brutal player I have ever seen - and that includes the notorious 1950s Bolton side. At the end of his career Clamp was bought by Stoke to protect the ageing Stanley Mathews and according to Matthews autobiography told him "The hardness its in me 'ead".

For a bit of history to be made I want the starting line up to be:

Schmeichel
De Laet
Konchesky
Drinkwater
Morgan
Whitbread
Marshall
Danns
Vardy
King
Dyer

Rather unlikely tho.

For a bit of history to be made I want the starting line up to be:

Schmeichel
De Laet
Konchesky
Drinkwater
Morgan
Whitbread
Marshall
Danns
Vardy
King
Dyer

Rather unlikely tho.

1-11? Not really making history though since squad numbers are a relatively new thing. And even then teams stuck with normal numbers for positions until fairly recently.

Mad Mike Banks

Anthony Shakir
Robert Hood
Juan Atkins
Derrick May

Kevin Sauderson
Carl Craig
Kenny Larkin
Jeff Mills

Eddie Fowlkes
DJ Rolando

Last edited:
I never heard of that with Cullis. I believe you are thinking of Major Frank Buckley who was Cullis predecessor at Wolves and was supposed to have had the players injected with monkey glands. I don't think injections would have made them any tougher. Cullis team included Eddie Clamp who was the most brutal player I have ever seen - and that includes the notorious 1950s Bolton side. At the end of his career Clamp was bought by Stoke to protect the ageing Stanley Mathews and according to Matthews autobiography told him "The hardness its in me 'ead".

Thats the one! Cheers David, good story.

One more sleep..................

Nuff said.

1-0. coatsworth screamer at the kop end.

i think this is our longest spell outside the top division.
So, it's about time they stopped pissing about and got promoted

No longer a yo yo team, more a yo:(

He didn't quote Filthy's post, to which I assume he was referring.

Oh. I thought he'd heard something and was just trying to tease us.
In fact, I'm just going to go and assume that he wouldn't be so crass as to not quote the post he was replying to and will continue to spread this rumour that he's started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566