CL gets his man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure BH has provided real info before, also at least its believable in that he's a bit of a no-hoper at the last chance saloon bought in on-loan. So if its not true its def in the right field for city.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
To be honest I think I would be a tad disapointed if we signed him as the final piece in the jigsaw so to speak.

Some would say that you would feel 'way down' if we signed him then Pontus?

%5CMain%5Chammond_main_04062004.jpg

I don't know, I think I remember seeing him play against our reserves earlier this year. Big strong lad who is quite quick.

I also quite like the unknown quantity, could be the next big thing! Lets just hope its not a case of return to sender if hes no good (I'll stop now, I promise)

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Come on Bob what evidence have you got for this rumour?

Info direct from the Walkers tonight - Apparently, Elvis has just left the building.....

Lboro fox said:
Im sure BH has provided real info before, also at least its believable in that he's a bit of a no-hoper at the last chance saloon bought in on-loan. So if its not true its def in the right field for city.

Thank you Lboro.

On a serious note, I really don't know much about this lad, other than he fits into the now famous CL criteria....(promise to stop the shocking gags from this point on!)

Oh my first time joining in with the puns! Dammit...all the good ones have been taken....ermm...

Let's hope when he arrive we "Can't Help Falling In Love" with him and he doesn't leave us in the "Heartbreak Hotel"? :(

It's very much "Pot Luck" for us in the transfer market?

I dunno, I'm out of them. You oldies have the advantage of being around at Elvis' time ;)

BOB HAZELL said:
Info direct from the Walkers tonight - Apparently, Elvis has just left the building.....

Nice:icon_lol: You're the devil in disguise mate, oh yes you are!

In action and doing something our forwards seldom try...shooting!

76569421.jpg

Just think of all the songs we can make up for this guy! Imagine the kop singing I can't help falling in love!!:icon_lol:

Graz said:
Do you know if this on loan or is it permanent? Hopefully permanent :)

I believe it's loan - but don't know how long, or any other info i.e. view to permanent etc...

Okay, okay, one more and then I promise I'll stop, *ahem*

Did he come by car or on a 'mystery train':icon_lol:

:icon_eek: :icon_roll

This'd be better from CL, 'a little less conversation, a little more action' it would seem.

Craig said:
This'd be better from CL, 'a little less conversation, a little more action' it would seem.

I wish I'd thought of that one...brilliant!:icon_lol:

On another note, thanks for letting us all know Bob :038:

"Elvis, Elvis give us a song..." is chanted as much by opposition fans as it is by Fulham followers whenever Elvis Hammond makes an appearance for the First Team. Almost as gifted with a football as his namesake was with a microphone, the young Ghanaian striker made quite an impression in the closing weeks of the season.
While he may still be seeking his first senior Fulham goal Hammond was the top scorer in this season's Premier Reserve League (South). Notching up 13 in all for the Whites - who finished as runners up in the League, just two points behind Watford - Elvis had been firmly knocking on the door of the First Team for some time.
However, despite a handful of substitute appearances, it wasn't until late in the season that Fulham fans got to see much of the 22-year-old. Last month, departing manager Jean Tigana gave Elvis his chance when he brought him on during the crunch games against Blackburn and Liverpool. While both were disappointing results the spritely forward looked quick and hungry for that first goal, causing the opposition a few headaches in the process.
Caretaker Manager Chris Coleman went one step further and, with Louis Saha sidelined through injury, Hammond got his first full start against Leeds and was once again part of the starting XI away at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking of his late run in the side Hammond said: "It was great towards the end, the injuries at the beginning of the season meant that is was a slow start for me. I stuck to it and I think that I'm now reaping the rewards. It's just a shame that the season wasn't like that from the beginning. This was the last year of my contract and I wasn't in contention for the First Team at the beginning of the season so I knew that I had to make in impact this time. I've done that right at the end, so I'm very happy."
Why did he leave it until so late in the season? Elvis believes that an injury he sustained towards the beginning of the season might have actually adversely helped his progress towards the end. "I was out for quite a long time with an injury and you tend to miss playing when you're out for a long time" he explains.
"During that recovery time I was able to think about what I wanted to do with myself. I would say that, from then onwards [once fit], I started scoring regularly in the Reserves. Maybe it was that I had got too comfortable with where I was in the squad. The injury was really a wake-up call. If I wasn't playing football, I don't know what I'd be doing so I think getting the injury gave me a bit of extra motivation."
Once the goals started coming in the Reserves it was then a case of getting "a foot in the door" - as he puts it - with the First Team. "You start off scoring in the Reserves and then you start joining in with the First Team in their training sessions" he says.
However, the jump from playing for the Reserves to playing for the First Team can be a big one and Elvis admits that, while it isn't easy, it is an experience he is working hard for and, importantly, enjoying. "It's difficult but it's a job that you've got to do. You have to try and do the best you can for the team and for yourself. You've just got to be mentally strong to start with and, if you can get one over on your defender in a game, then the confidence starts to flow. It's been difficult but I always try to do the best that I can no matter who I'm playing against."
The good news for both Fulham fans and Elvis alike is that he's been offered a new contract by the Club, and if the last few games of the season are anything to go by, he certainly features in the new manager's plans. Elvis has not left the building!

Source

Source
Wed 20th Oct 2004
Fulham's Reserve Team notch up a good win on Wednesday...

Fulham Res. 2-1 Chelsea Res.
The Reserve Team's recent upturn in form continued as they secured their second win of the season with a well-deserved victory over Chelsea.
The Reserves' most recent fixtures have seen some much improved performances which, unfortunately, did not yield matching results. However, both sides of the game came together nicely on Wednesday evening at Craven Cottage.
Elvis Hammond opened the scoring in predatory fashion early in the first half when he darted to the near post and turned in Malik Buari's cross.
Hammond, making only his fourth appearance following injury, performed the role of lone striker with energy and enthusiasm and the goal was a fitting reward.
"He's been improving with every game. He's getting into great positions and using his speed and strength well but he's a 'one out of three striker' at the moment," said Reserve Team Manager, Paul Nevin. "To play at the top level he's got to reduce his chances to goals ratio and hit the net on a more regular basis.
"He scored a great poacher's goal but ten minutes later he had a good chance to put us two up but there was a slight lack of care in the finish. He's got to get that ruthless streak to progress to the next level."
So not the finished article yet, but he sounds quite promising...the qualities of a CL signing for sure! :D

Im liking the idea of this guy the more I hear. Like you say Silver a real CL signing by the looks of it.

Will the deal have to be done by 12 noon tomoz for him to be eligable for Saturday? Even though I know he probably wont play.

Yeah, the consensus so far seems to be that he has all the attributes, but he isn't the finished article yet. That sounds like a classic CL signing to me! Lets see what happens! Until he is signed up its usless over speculating!;)

and he could be staying at "hilton hotel" ready to sign today!

OS said:
Speaking at his pre-match press conference, he said: "I am just about there as far as my starting 11 is concerned. There is only one position that I am considering and I will do that on Friday after i have consulted with my coaching staff."

source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570