Claude Puel Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank feck for that.

Now be sensible. Bring back in Appleton to lead the side and work with Stowell and Sadler until the summer. Then regroup.

Do not under any circumstances make a fecking stupid decision to appoint some halfwit now.
I agree with Appleton 'til the end of the season. It is, however, quite possible that they have a shortlist already of managers who are available immediately. If so, then I would go for Lauren Blanc. He has been mentioned for the Chelsea job, but with their transfer embargo, he could well be more interested in Leicester as he would be able to create his own team.

Very interesting on the bookies site I use.

I had a bet on Appleton to be our next permanent manager a few weeks ago. Not that I want him especially but I figured that if Puel went before the summer, Appleton is the most likely temporary replacement and if he does well he could be appointed. At that point I got 100/1 and stuck a fiver on it.

He's currently 5/2!!!

Not the greatest surprise as results were getting harder to defend as the weeks went by.

I honestly don't think we were as bad as some recent results suggest, just fine margins can make a big difference although you do get a slight wonder why it continually happens.

Not really pleased or disappointed by this as I do genuinely feel we were on the right track and building a very good and exciting team under him, but the division amongst fans had almost become the football equivalent of Brexit in that it was getting more toxic each week and even yesterday in the normally, dull and quiet East Stand, a dad and his teenage son got kicked out after very heated discussions with others nearby that was very close to boiling over to an actual fight.

Things couldn't go on like that really so I can totally see why the decision has been made, I just hope whoever comes in next doesn't change the ethos of the club too much in that we keep up the work of signing and developing some of the best prospects around.

We've arguably got a better squad than the title winning year, bar the superstar players of Mahrez, Kante & Vardy of course, so hopefully whoever is next can develop a new Kante & Mahrez for us and turn Vardy back in to James Vardiniho!

I just fear we will go for one of the usual managerial merry go round guys.

Rogers or Wagner would probably be my picks from the odds list posted but none of them really seem that inspiring.

Big call for the senior management to make now.

I agree with Appleton 'til the end of the season. It is, however, quite possible that they have a shortlist already of managers who are available immediately. If so, then I would go for Lauren Blanc. He has been mentioned for the Chelsea job, but with their transfer embargo, he could well be more interested in Leicester as he would be able to create his own team.

I had a bet on Appleton to be our next permanent manager a few weeks ago. Not that I want him especially but I figured that if Puel went before the summer, Appleton is the most likely temporary replacement and if he does well he could be appointed. At that point I got 100/1 and stuck a fiver on it.

He's currently 5/2!!!
That’s one out of the running then

Rodgers, Benitez and Wagner will all be available in the summer. All have been strongly linked with us constantly for the last two years. None of them do a lot for me to be honest but I'm on the 'Anyone But Claude' bus so today is a good day.

Can't see any of these three taking the job before the summer though. So, we have to look for a stop gap. My wobble is that the people that make the decisions at our club are fecking useless at picking managers (aside from lucking out with Ranieri falling in their lap).

Anyone who says Pearson should be banned from this site immediately.

He's currently 5/2!!!
He’s clearly got no chance then :rolleyes:

Guardian saying we want Rodgers and are prepared to wait for the summer. I'm not sure he's the right man, but absolutely right to make the choice from the wider field available rather than panic now and appoint someone, anyone

I'm not having anyone say that the City job isn't one of the most attractive jobs in football. There are few clubs where you have as great an opportunity to shine and become a truly elite boss.

This should be our mentality. Only very good managers should be considered.

Lee Johnson is doing a good job at Bristol City, a young English manager who consistently produces young players, why not go for him, better than some of the old guard who have moved around and done nothing.

I'm not having anyone say that the City job isn't one of the most attractive jobs in football. There are few clubs where you have as great an opportunity to shine and become a truly elite boss.

This should be our mentality. Only very good managers should be considered.

I’ve been saying this for a while. The set up we have is quite enviable, with imminent investment in the training ground and stadium, along with (on paper) the basis of a talented team.

We should not be scared to think big.

You gave it a good go though. ;)

Thats because I do genuinely believe we were on a very good long term path but quite frankly, the wheels had fallen off with recent results.

Yesterday could have been very different with our general performance but it kind of went as expected given recent results.

I think had the penalty been scored the other week and we ended up getting a result at Spurs then things would have been very different now.

This is why I continued to defend as we weren't far off getting things very right in my opinion, someone posted about 70-80% right the other day which summed it up well but unfortunately that 20-30% was having a bigger and bigger negative effect so I can understand why the decision was made.

I just hope we give the new manager, whoever it is, a decent amount of time and not be calling for change if we aren't in the top 6 by the end of next season.

Thats because I do genuinely believe we were on a very good long term path but quite frankly, the wheels had fallen off with recent results.

Yesterday could have been very different with our general performance but it kind of went as expected given recent results.

I think had the penalty been scored the other week and we ended up getting a result at Spurs then things would have been very different now.

This is why I continued to defend as we weren't far off getting things very right in my opinion, someone posted about 70-80% right the other day which summed it up well but unfortunately that 20-30% was having a bigger and bigger negative effect so I can understand why the decision was made.

I just hope we give the new manager, whoever it is, a decent amount of time and not be calling for change if we aren't in the top 6 by the end of next season.
We gave Puel 18 months which is fair I believe?

We have an exceptional squad in my opinion - they were just being mis managed.

So long as ther new manager advocates youth and wants us to play at pace then I don’t really mind who we get.

In my opinion the current players are very flexible and just need a little guidance.

FFS,whoever it is - please play to our strengths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363