Claude Puel Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave Puel 18 months which is fair I believe?

We have an exceptional squad in my opinion - they were just being mis managed.

So long as ther new manager advocates youth and wants us to play at pace then I don’t really mind who we get.

In my opinion the current players are very flexible and just need a little guidance.

FFS,whoever it is - please play to our strengths!

He lasted 18 months but he didn't get that before there were calls for him to be sacked.

We need to be realistic about our expectations now though and I'd say if anyone expects us to break into the top 6 in less that 3 seasons, they're off their rocker.

What do you mean by playing to our strengths?

Most of what you have asked for we already had??

16 months.

Puel Out thread started on March 3rd 2018.

He was only appointed manager on 25th October 2017.

Barely 4 months in the job for ****s sake!!

Recent results were pretty poor but a lot of our fans need to seriously look at themselves too.

If we as fans can't even support a new manager for 6 months then we are royally ****ed as a football club.

If you want to be like that then go an support Chelsea.

I keep starting to write posts and then deleting them because I can’t be arsed to write much.

Yes, some people were probably calling for his head a bit too early. Yes, some people are probably a bit late to only just be saying it now.

The reality is that the atmosphere at the club at the minute isn’t sustainable, so it was an inevitability. He needed to go and probably should have done a bit ago, but at least now we can try to move forwards.

Recent results were pretty poor but a lot of our fans need to seriously look at themselves too.

If we as fans can't even support a new manager for 6 months then we are royally ****ed as a football club.

Managers get paid extortionately for what they do. Do you think Puel came here thinking he'd be here for years? Not a chance. He rents a student flat for fecks sake.

He's a jobbing manager that will go wherever the money is. He's got a few million for 16 months work. He'll probably be thrilled to be sloping back to Monaco with a bag full of cash.

Managers have also dumped us for better prospects when they get the chance. Not recently, because most of our appointments have been terrible, but there was a time in the not too distant past when we lost three managers in a row who wanted to 'better themselves'.

I will never feel sorry for any manager. The brief is to win games. It's not rocket science. If it's obvious that they're not up to the job in one match, it's enough for me. Let alone six months.

Puel didn't win enough games. Neither did Shakespeare. Neither did Ranieri in 16/17. That's all that matters.

What if it’s obvious the approach being adopted by a manager isn’t one you’re ever going to be able to support? You’d, at the very least, be having a word in any other industry.

It was obvious close to a year a go that we were heading in the direction of the location we’ve found ourselves in. Namely every game against sides outside of the top six following this pattern:

- Piss about with the ball playing easy passes until getting to within thirty yards of goal.

- Realise you’ve moved up the pitch so ****ing slowly that the opposition is set so pass side to side for a bit in the hope that they all **** off and let you score.

- They don’t all **** off and let you score so you either a) take a shot from distance (note: Puel fans will tell you that this = ‘a chance’. Or b) pass the ball backwards, sometimes all the way back to the keeper (note: Puel fans will tell you that this is an example of the manager creating a team comfortable in possession).

- Cry at the fact you’re spending hundred of pounds a year to watch this boring shit.

- Turn up again like a dickhead in the hope that you’re wrong.

- Repeat.

Surprised it took until March last season. Puelball was fully in place for a few months before that.

Managers get paid extortionately for what they do. Do you think Puel came here thinking he'd be here for years? Not a chance. He rents a student flat for fecks sake.

He's a jobbing manager that will go wherever the money is. He's got a few million for 16 months work. He'll probably be thrilled to be sloping back to Monaco with a bag full of cash.

Managers have also dumped us for better prospects when they get the chance. Not recently, because most of our appointments have been terrible, but there was a time in the not too distant past when we lost three managers in a row who wanted to 'better themselves'.

I will never feel sorry for any manager. The brief is to win games. It's not rocket science. If it's obvious that they're not up to the job in one match, it's enough for me. Let alone six months.

Puel didn't win enough games. Neither did Shakespeare. Neither did Ranieri in 16/17. That's all that matters.

Calling for a managers head after 4 months is ridiculous, end of.

Even more so when he is tasked with sorting out and rebuilding the squad so much, which he has done extremely well.

I have no feelings for him personally or don't feel sorry for him etc but I do think a lot of our fans have unrealistic expectations of where they expect us to be.

Pep took a year to win the league with Man City's billions and Klopp has taken a good 3 years to make Liverpool a title contender.

If any of our fans expect us to be challenging the top 6 in less than 3 years then I think they are barking and as much, if not more of the problem.

Personally, I'd be happy with whoever comes in next to have us in the top half come the end of next season.

You might get lucky once hiring someone that brings instant success but if you want it sustained, it needs to be built over time.

What if it’s obvious the approach being adopted by a manager isn’t one you’re ever going to be able to support? You’d, at the very least, be having a word in any other industry.

It was obvious close to a year a go that we were heading in the direction of the location we’ve found ourselves in. Namely every game against sides outside of the top six following this pattern:

- Piss about with the ball playing easy passes until getting to within thirty yards of goal.

- Realise you’ve moved up the pitch so *ing slowly that the opposition is set so pass side to side for a bit in the hope that they all * off and let you score.

- They don’t all **** off and let you score so you either a) take a shot from distance (note: Puel fans will tell you that this = ‘a chance’. Or b) pass the ball backwards, sometimes all the way back to the keeper (note: Puel fans will tell you that this is an example of the manager creating a team comfortable in possession).

- Cry at the fact you’re spending hundred of pounds a year to watch this boring shit.

- Turn up again like a dickhead in the hope that you’re wrong.

- Repeat.

But it is only recently we've started struggling against the lesser teams.

To begin with the calls for him leaving were because we would only ever beat teams below us and as soon as we played a top 6, we did nothing. People were saying he had to go as we would be nothing than mid table.

In my opinion, a lot of fans didn't or don't like Puel personally for whatever reason so any excuse has been used to get him out.

For a while it was when we lose its boring and then it was too exciting losing. When we lost one game it would be because he changed the team and then when we lose another it was because he had changed the team. We also had the phase of fans saying Ricardo is our best attacking player and then he gets moaned at for playing players out of position. I'm sure there was even a lot saying nothing matters on the pitch this year after the tragedy but that has soon been forgotten.

People just seemed to chuck any excuse to get rid of him but with things like that, he had to go.

I don't necessarily agree with him leaving but with things the way they were with the division amongst fans and horrible atmosphere at home matches if we weren't winning, it is the right call.

I just hope the new guy gets a good chance from the fans and we are realistic about where we should be.

I want two things from the next manager:

Recognition that Vardy is a unique asset and play an attacking game to his strengths.

Communication skills with players/media/fans that are least comparable to Ranieri's

The simple thing is really we need to win games.

Puel doesn’t seem to know how to. I believe I am fairly normal in my expectations. I expect us to win about 50% of our games and mostly at home.

I expect us to draw another Half a dozen games so I expect us to lose about 13 games.

I expect most of those to be against the top 6, I expect us to give all of them a run for their money at home and hope we win one or two, the same away.

I expect us to be high energy and leave it all on the pitch.

I don’t think that is unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469