Claude Puel Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was always going to happen

Most sensible people could see, in a relatively short space of time, that he was desperately limited as a coach, and we should have pushed the button a long time ago. We have stupidly wasted a whole season as a result, marking time just waiting for the inevitable to finally happen

The gumbies won’t see that, of course, but it is so very true

Fact is we have some pretty talented players, both young and old, and there is a real opportunity to get something good going here. I hope we don’t dive in with a silly appointment now - plenty of time to get the right man in

Whoever takes the reigns from this point onwards has pretty much a free hit - you cannot possibly prepare and put out a team that performs any worse than this complete twat has done. I can hear the sighs of relief from the players all the way out here in Coalville. Thank the good sweet Baby Jebus

I can’t feckin wait for Tuesday, now.

It’s been a complete chore with this total prick in charge

Today, we got our football team back

I want two things from the next manager:

Recognition that Vardy is a unique asset and play an attacking game to his strengths.

Communication skills with players/media/fans that are least comparable to Ranieri's
Martin Allen would probably give you that...
Holloway was great too.

Plus Claudio's media persona got us some fantastic results that following year....
You did both see that Mike said 'Communication skills with players...' as well as other things didn't you? Neither Hollowhead or Allen can be said to have ever done that and neither did Puel.

So yep, back to simpleton 4-4-2 and the old hoof it up to Vardy and hope he out paces a defender.

How do we play to Vardy's strengths like that at home if all the teams now know that's exactly what he is best at and sit back to nullify that?

We should be building a team based on the best 11 players we have available and not just one player.

Vardy is clearly our best striker but building a team all around one player is lunacy.

We are Leicester City FC and not Jamie Vardy FC.

Do you think it's only Vardy who has been held back by the way we play? I said suit the players, several could do much better than our style allows.

Right. A Manchester United win over Liverpool and this might be the best Sunday for a long, long time. I might even pester the wife for a bit of the other.... When your luck is in and all that....

Our next manager will start in a better position than Puel did (both in league position and strength of squad).

Unlike many I believe he did well last season, taking us from a relegation battle to being frustrated at missing out on Europe was no mean feat. I also believe we will continue to see the benefits of him blooding young players, so I don't think his tenure was a complete disaster.

Having defended Puel for a long time, I switched a couple of months ago. It had become clear by that point that he was unable to complete the transformation he was aiming for, I think he lost confidence in himself and his decisions became more and more erratic and desperate, The question changed from 'If' he should go to 'When', and while I had suggested that the end of the season was best, now feels like a good time.

You did both see that Mike said 'Communication skills with players...' as well as other things didn't you? Neither Hollowhead or Allen can be said to have ever done that and neither did Puel.
Ahh yes, those communication skills with the players we are so pirvy too...

Talk about making up a complete load of horseshit.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but we do know that being nice in front of the cameras and making the odd joke here and there makes the precise square root of sod all difference to the results so it seems a rather ludicrous suggestion to have on a wishlist for a new manager.

Calling for a managers head after 4 months is ridiculous, end of.

Even more so when he is tasked with sorting out and rebuilding the squad so much, which he has done extremely well.

I have no feelings for him personally or don't feel sorry for him etc but I do think a lot of our fans have unrealistic expectations of where they expect us to be.

Pep took a year to win the league with Man City's billions and Klopp has taken a good 3 years to make Liverpool a title contender.

If any of our fans expect us to be challenging the top 6 in less than 3 years then I think they are barking and as much, if not more of the problem.

Personally, I'd be happy with whoever comes in next to have us in the top half come the end of next season.

You might get lucky once hiring someone that brings instant success but if you want it sustained, it needs to be built over time.
Yes I feel ridiculous starting the Puel out thread. How wrong I was.

This season now becomes about getting 3 wins and lining up a manager for next season. An interim role is just that.

I'd be worries than any of them would be able to do that.

Any of them would be madness even as interim.

Let go and move forward. No need to go back, especially to two managers who were equally as unsuccessful as this level.

The other has failed in England and hasn't done as well at Celtic as Rogers has done but apparently he isn't good enough for us, why the hell would Lennon be even interim??

I'm just waiting for someone now to say we should have sacked Puel a couple of months ago so we could have got MON back.....

Do you think it's only Vardy who has been held back by the way we play? I said suit the players, several could do much better than our style allows.

Like who?

Ahh yes, those communication skills with the players we are so pirvy too...

Talk about making up a complete load of horseshit.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors but we do know that being nice in front of the cameras and making the odd joke here and there makes the precise square root of sod all difference to the results so it seems a rather ludicrous suggestion to have on a wishlist for a new manager.
Are you really telling me that you couldn't see for yourself the miscommunication between manager and players? It was there for all to see week in week out. BN has given numerous examples of it happening over the last 16 months. You're trying to deflect by banging on about media persona but this is only one of the things Mike suggested he'd like to see. He made no reference of it being key to success like you keep insinuating and neither did anyone else.

Like who?

Please tell me you are joking?

Ndidi - has been destroyed by Puel

Madison - has been ****ed about and played all over the place, rarely his position.

Mendy - see Ndidi

Maguire - he's caught out of position regularly because he feels the need to do the redundant midfields job.

Choudhury, in, out, in, out, in, out......out

Ian Nacho - sweet baby Jesus

I could go on but I won't, as I'm sure it's a waste of time.

Playing to Vardy's strength is that goal a few weeks back against Chelsea. It was Ndidi out from our own box, then to Madisson who slots the ball between defenders for Vardy to run on to and to blast home.

It is not rocket science. It is simply about movement and finding space.

Anyone who says Pearson should be banned from this site immediately.
It really wouldn’t surprise me if they brought him and Shakey in to steady the ship until the end of the season, and to be honest I’d be ok with that as long as it didn’t turn into a long term thing.

Alternatively Appleton till the end of the season. It does make sense to go with the interim option, and then take our pick in the summer.

God I hope we don’t go with Brendan Rodgers. The more I think about Benitez, the more I think he could get us challenging for the top 6.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with one of Benitez, Blanc, Wagner, Jokanovic or Wilder.

But Halle-****ing-llujiah we no longer have to watch a Claude Puel team again.

Rodgers has done well at Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic. A man who hasn't done a bad job yet obviously isn't a bad shout. I'd be happy enough with Benitez too. Also Wenger - maybe he's a bit old for a forward thinking club but given the time most managers stay in the job these days.... Also Mancini, the Italian managers generally know how to organise a solid defence with the right players. He was my first choice a few years ago before he went and joined Galatasaray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263