Claude Puel Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me you are joking?

Ndidi - has been destroyed by Puel

Madison - has been ****ed about and played all over the place, rarely his position.

Mendy - see Ndidi

Maguire - he's caught out of position regularly because he feels the need to do the redundant midfields job.

Choudhury, in, out, in, out, in, out......out

Ian Nacho - sweet baby Jesus

I could go on but I won't, as I'm sure it's a waste of time.

But Ndidi has had 2 of his best games for us in his last 2 appearances?

Maddison has rarely been played no 10 or CM? Are you serious??

Mendy I can only assume you are on about a different Mendy to the one that had been forgotten about by most of the fans until Puel bought him back into the team very successfully to begin with.

Maguire really isn't as good as most make out and I really don't think we'd miss him too much selling him, especially with so many other options we have there.

Choudhury - only came in when we played a 3. He did well in covering a lot of ground but seems limited actually on the ball. You moan we play 3 defensive mids but seeing as you have already listed the other 2, it seems you think we should be playing with 3. With Tielemans now here too Choudhury is in his rightful place for now.

Nachos - don't make me laugh. The guy gets boo'd coming on etc and is generally laughed at on here for being a player. The fans have killed him much more than the manager, especially seeing as he has actually scored as many goals open play at home in the PL as darling boy Vardy.

Please do carry on contradicting yourself.

My main concern about appointing an interim manager is that they seem to do alright and then get the job permanently and it all tits up from there. (Shakey).

My other concern is that prior to taking on Puel, they spoke to Paulo Sousa.

Yes , reading that I’m beginnng to think we really should have kept hold of that Puel bloke. He sounds quite decent

Puel Out thread started on March 3rd 2018.

He was only appointed manager on 25th October 2017.

Barely 4 months in the job for ****s sake!!

Recent results were pretty poor but a lot of our fans need to seriously look at themselves too.

If we as fans can't even support a new manager for 6 months then we are royally ****ed as a football club.

If you want to be like that then go an support Chelsea.
Some people could see after 4 months that something wasn’t right and that we were about to start a downward slide. Which turned out to be correct.

We should have sacked him back in March last year.

I’m actually looking forward to Tuesday night now.

That’s what I hated the most about Puelball. Going to matches felt like a chore.

But Ndidi has had 2 of his best games for us in his last 2 appearances?

Maddison has rarely been played no 10 or CM? Are you serious??

Mendy I can only assume you are on about a different Mendy to the one that had been forgotten about by most of the fans until Puel bought him back into the team very successfully to begin with.

Maguire really isn't as good as most make out and I really don't think we'd miss him too much selling him, especially with so many other options we have there.

Choudhury - only came in when we played a 3. He did well in covering a lot of ground but seems limited actually on the ball. You moan we play 3 defensive mids but seeing as you have already listed the other 2, it seems you think we should be playing with 3. With Tielemans now here too Choudhury is in his rightful place for now.

Nachos - don't make me laugh. The guy gets boo'd coming on etc and is generally laughed at on here for being a player. The fans have killed him much more than the manager, especially seeing as he has actually scored as many goals open play at home in the PL as darling boy Vardy.

Please do carry on contradicting yourself.
Ndidi has had 2 decent games this season. He has been shackled by poor tactical decisions.

Maddison has hardly ever played as a proper No. 10 because he has had to do the work of two or three players and come too deep for the ball almost every game he has played as a result of the midfield setup and personnel employed in games by Puel.

Mendy I agree with you on.

I don't know what the bollocks Maguire has to do to convince some people. He's an exceptional player who has either had to carry other CBs this year or keep making runs into midfield because no ****er else there can be bothered to do anything creative. Without him this season we would have lost even more games. Sometimes he has been our best and most attacking midfielder... that tells you all you need to know.

Choudhury performs very well both on and off the ball and then sees himself replaced by Mendy and or Ndidi at the first given opportunity, even though both have been woefully out of form for most of the season. This sends a terrible message to him and to others aspiring to get into the first eleven.

Nacho isn't good enough under any manager - I agree.

I’m actually looking forward to Tuesday night now.

That’s what I hated the most about Puelball. Going to matches felt like a chore.
It will be interesting to see if we push forward at pace more. I'm guessing we will as the shackles may be taken off.

Robert Huth:

"We had managers before who were really energetic, positive vibes... when he came in it was pretty much the opposite. It was almost like he was working against the players. If things don't go well you need someone to point it out and be brutally honest. It's been creeping in, they've been a bit slow. When that happens you need someone to grab you by the scruff of the neck. Quite frankly I don't think he was the guy to do that. Ultimately you need someone to set high standards for you. I don't suppose there will be too many disappointed players in the changing room today after they heard the news."

Nacho isn't good enough under any manager - I agree.
I’m not going to write him off just yet. I think he’s a confidence player who needs an arm round his shoulder and to be told he’s good enough. A bit similar to what Pearson did with Vardy all those years ago.

I think we’ll see a different Iheanacho under a different manager. If we don’t, I’d gladly eat my words and drive him to the highest bidder.

Robert Huth:

"We had managers before who were really energetic, positive vibes... when he came in it was pretty much the opposite. It was almost like he was working against the players. If things don't go well you need someone to point it out and be brutally honest. It's been creeping in, they've been a bit slow. When that happens you need someone to grab you by the scruff of the neck. Quite frankly I don't think he was the guy to do that. Ultimately you need someone to set high standards for you. I don't suppose there will be too many disappointed players in the changing room today after they heard the news."

Quite the indictment from a bloke who knows what he’s talking about.

#HuthForManager

I’m not going to write him off just yet. I think he’s a confidence player who needs an arm round his shoulder and to be told he’s good enough. A bit similar to what Pearson did with Vardy all those years ago.

I think we’ll see a different Iheanacho under a different manager. If we don’t, I’d gladly eat my words and drive him to the highest bidder.
I hope you're right. I had really high hopes for him at first but the more I see of him the more I think his control is really poor and his thought processes are too slow.

You may be right, a more dynamic manager (a mean, a ****ing dustbin lid is more dynamic than Puel) may get the best out of him. I can't see it happening but stranger things have.

Yes , reading that I’m beginnng to think we really should have kept hold of that Puel bloke. He sounds quite decent

If we're going to go back to Pearson or Shakespeare, both of whom performed worse than Puel, or Lennon who just doesn't bare thinking about then yes, we probably should have done.

I can only assume these are heat of the moment, emotive suggestions as they most certainly cannot be based on logic.

I hope you're right. I had really high hopes for him at first but the more I see of him the more I think his control is really poor and his thought processes are too slow.

You may be right, a more dynamic manager (a mean, a ****ing dustbin lid is more dynamic than Puel) may get the best out of him. I can't see it happening but stranger things have.

Who knows

But whatever happens next, hopefully he won’t be asked to play on the sodding right wing, which would at least give the fecker a fighting chance

Maybe Huth has just forgotten that Puel has been giving the youth a chance.

Who knows

But whatever happens next, hopefully he won’t be asked to play on the sodding right wing, which would at least give the fecker a fighting chance
It was about as ridiculous as Holloway putting Barry Hayles on the right wing.

Lee Johnson is doing a good job at Bristol City,

Lee Johnson was admin manager at ASDA Broadstairs. Last I heard, she was store manager of Morrisons in Hythe, Kent. I doubt if she could cut it in the Premier League.

Appleton has no chance of being offered it and, even if he were, he wouldn't take it in a million years.

I disagree. No matter how badly he was treated, if he was offered it till the end of the season I think he’d accept it in a heartbeat.

He knows the potential of our players, and he’ll take one look at our upcoming fixtures and he’ll be confident that he can get some wins and put himself in the limelight. This would then potentially lead to him getting it at the very least a Championship job next season.

Surely he wouldn’t be that stubborn and would see it as one hell of an opportunity to reignite his managerial career.

Who knows

Let us not forget that it was Pearson that often played Vardy and Kane on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363