Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I which case I think you may hear something shortly that makes you very happy
Homer has promised to stop sending those pics every weekend?

Never mind any of this...

What the hell happened to Preki? Perhaps he was confused and had actually been offered the managers job at the 1884 bar?

I've been holding back. I was really disappointed by the exit of Pearson but there is no point in going on about that now. Despite his fantastic achievements, he clearly came with a great deal of baggage - too much for the owners to tolerate.
Anyhow, on to Claudio. I'm not convinced but I think he will be ok if he gets a shed load of cash to spend and he can attract the necessary talent. Having read about his past, he has achieved a great deal and he has signed some superb players. My fear is that he will change our playing style into something more patient and focused on ball retention. In my opinion, this will be a disaster. In order for us to continue where we left off, we need the tempo and pace of Vardy, Schlupp, Albrighton and Mahrez. I hope Claudio recognises this and sticks to his word in not changing too much.

I've been holding back. I was really disappointed by the exit of Pearson but there is no point in going on about that now. Despite his fantastic achievements, he clearly came with a great deal of baggage - too much for the owners to tolerate.
Anyhow, on to Claudio. I'm not convinced but I think he will be ok if he gets a shed load of cash to spend and he can attract the necessary talent. Having read about his past, he has achieved a great deal and he has signed some superb players. My fear is that he will change our playing style into something more patient and focused on ball retention. In my opinion, this will be a disaster. In order for us to continue where we left off, we need the tempo and pace of Vardy, Schlupp, Albrighton and Mahrez. I hope Claudio recognises this and sticks to his word in not changing too much.
I hope CR has been around long enough to recognise that playing styles have to fit with the strengths of the players. One of the things that I don't understand re. last season is why NP adopted a much more cautious approach after a decent (attacking) start. Then when it was almost too late he (or whoever?) switched back to attacking with pace and numbers. It was sort of like the late Danny Blanchflower quote along the lines of ' We need to equalize before the opposition scores'.

With the exception of Cambiasso, we will be starting the season with the same team that finished the last one, plus a couple of reinforcements, front and back.

No reason why they cannot play the same high tempo style of the last 9 games.

Of course that assumes that that style was not wholly dependent on the skills, vision and organisation of Cambiasso!

I hope Ranieri is still 'scouring the world...'!

What an absolute joke. When you consider how far we have come under the current owners, it's ridiculous anyone feels like they have to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669