Coca Cola Win a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if everyone has worked this out but if you want you can put a different email/mobile (ie partner, friend etc) as an extra vote as well as your own. Doubles the amount of votes each of us can do.

Dunc said:
Dunno if everyone has worked this out but if you want you can put a different email/mobile (ie partner, friend etc) as an extra vote as well as your own. Doubles the amount of votes each of us can do.
You can also just blatantly make them up with fake emails and phone numbers, bob monk has just entered. Doesnt help us win but might move us up the table if thats what everyone is so bothered about.

Dunc said:

There's not a lot of point in doing that unless you can also ensure that the phone in question will be answered by somebody who knows about the competition during the whole of the Spring Bank Holiday weekend. If the phone isn't answered or is answered by somebody who has no knowledge of the competition, the draw will simply be made again.

bocadillo said:
There's not a lot of point in doing that unless you can also ensure that the phone in question will be answered by somebody who knows about the competition during the whole of the Spring Bank Holiday weekend. If the phone isn't answered or is answered by somebody who has no knowledge of the competition, the draw will simply be made again.

Hence why I suggested a partner or friend :icon_wink :icon_bigg

FoxesGirl said:
Fcuking Bollocks IMHO:102:

Ooo errr, your a bit forward!

webmaster said:
Southampton have won it.

I've been told that Brentford won it and that Southampton and Oxford won the smaller divisional prizes.

bocadillo said:
I've been told that Brentford won it and that Southampton and Oxford won the smaller divisional prizes.

That's not what Southampton think - http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=383275&Title=Coca-Cola+cash+windfall

Saints are celebrating a boost to next season's promotion push after winning £250,000 from Coca-Cola.
The club have got the cash from a campaign run by the Championship sponsors over the past few months.

Fans were invited to vote for their club and the more votes they received, the great the chance of winning.
Saints supporters backed the campaign in their thousands and today got their reward when they were nominated to receive a quarter of a million which has to be be spent on player.

It is the second year that Coca-Cola have run the promotion with Brighton winning it last year and buying striker Colin Kazim-Richards.
Now Saints have to decide whether to buy a player for £250,000 or put the money towards a more expensive signing.

Boss George Burley said: "It is fantastic news and I am absolutely delighted.
"It is too early to say who we might think of buying but it is certainly going to help us.

"We have lots of players in mind for next season and this cash might enable us to bring in one more.
"It is a great promotion by Coke and one which has captured the imagination of the fans - and I am thrilled that we have won the money.

"I will enjoy sitting down and thinking about how we might spend it."
The competition rules state that the cash has to be used to buy a player and not for any other purpose so Saints will be guaranteed a Coca-Cola Kid next season.

Saints chairman Rupert Lowe said: "It is a real boost and just adds to the feelgood factor around the club at the moment.
"It is another ray of light after a couple of dark years and we are now in very good shape for next season.

"I really feel quite optimistic. This money is a real bonus and will help our promotion campaign.
"It is still to early to say how we will spend the money. First we have to study the rules and then decide who to bring in."

Chantelle Legg, the winning Saints fan plucked from the thousands who voted for the club, will receive £10,000 from Coca-Cola.
And Lowe has already given her a season ticket by way of extra thanks and he will invite her to be a boardroom guest next season to watch "her" player in action.

webmaster said:

Nor Brentford!! http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10421~823376,00.html?ptvParm=
After an unbelievable voting campaign in The Coca-Cola Win A Player League during which Bees fans took the Club from 50th place in February to the runners up spot as at close of play on Tuesday night, the club have struck gold.
One of the three lucky supporters who have been picked from the thousands and thousands who have been voting, is a Bees fan, and as a result Brentford are now £50,000 richer.
The Bees fan Steve Hearn, a member of the Brentford Programme Collectors Club, also wins for himself the tidy sum of £1,000.
The £50,000 which has been awarded to Brentford is to be spent on a new player or players.
The other two clubs in the final draw were Southampton (who finished 17th overall) and Oxford United (who finished 34th).[/QUOTE]

My informant has been duly chastised!

its true it was unveiled on soccer am this morning. rupert lowe pockets £250,000 to sign a player. i dont think its right that a championship team who are in no financial trouble should win, obviously id enjoy it if leicester won but we dont need it like teams such as brentford might. imagine if oxford had won.... theyd be the chelski of league 2! but then it'd probably be accused of being a fix.

IMO the best way to do it would be to have £250,000 for each league......if Coca Cola will want to stump that much up.

The girl who won it for Soton was only 18 just going uni! Im sure the £10,000 she won wil make life a bit easier for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669